Manchester City - 115 Charges Case for Alleged Financial Breaches Begins

BUJ

30 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You can just see it… Punishment without punishment. Not that I’m too fussed either way. Wouldn’t want them losing their titles to Liverpool and think half these financial rules are a load of tripe.

:lol: classic cop out, going to take all that prize money or nah? Keep it symbolic? :lol:

Wasn’t there a precedent set for this type of thing with Rangers ? Big fine and dropped down the football pyramid ? 

I suspect it will be a complete whitewash, paltry insignificant fine, slap on the wrist and a 12 point deduction for Everton ( I hope )

42 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

All competitions they have won in the period annulled 

All prize money returned

Drop three divisions

Begin each match 3-0 down while any member of Oasis is still alive

How far back does this go? Does that mean the Mackems would get the 2014 Leygue Cup, Marra?

2 minutes ago, TRC said:

Did the PL legal team present a fake document or is this made up on Twitter?

I doubt anyone would know, especially 99% of twitter users. If on the slim chance it was true it’s things like this that could cause hearings to collapse.

Edited by FloydianMag

2 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

How far back does this go? Does that mean the Mackems would get the 2014 Leygue Cup, Marra?

No one would "win" the competitions that might get stripped.  There's no way to replay the competitions and there's no way to say that if Man City hadn't illegally signed a bunch of players then perhaps they sign for Liverpool or Chelsea instead and they would have been the winners rather than City.

They just get a note to say that there was no winner that year.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I doubt they'd punishment the players and management. It's not comparable to the match fixing scandles in Italy.

Could see a hefty points deduction and a transfer ban though.

My preferred option is a 65 point deduction, just see if they can stay up and a transfer ban for 2 years. I think that would make it interesting this season and the next 2.

I'll wait and see what they're guilty of, if anything.

Some of the allegations are serious, but I'm only reading what's been written in the press and who knows how accurate they are.

It's a right mess for the league either way.

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

PL end up paying them £100M and give them 30 points head start for the next five seasons. 

The PL don't actually favour Man City, they would hit them with everything they have on behalf of the old money clubs who are actually the equivalent of PL royalty. So we are talking about Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal. They are really only scared of escalating to a point where Man City's lawyers could hit them with restriction of trade stuff I guess.

12 minutes ago, Paully said:

For those saying they should lose their trophies, a certain team near us will have a League a cup on their honours! 

I hope they batter the PL! 

They wont get a league cup, its much better for us if City are ruined if we want to win something.

25 minutes ago, Paully said:

For those saying they should lose their trophies, a certain team near us will have a League a cup on their honours! 

I hope they batter the PL! 

The League Cup isn’t administered by the PL - and cups wouldn’t be awarded to losing finalists

12 minutes ago, TRC said:

They wont get a league cup, its much better for us if City are ruined if we want to win something.

Everything will just be struck out in the records like they did with Juventus in 2004/5.

IMG_6217.thumb.png.0e3b48beb51f7ca96de1945e67942cba.png