Fulham 3-1 Newcastle United (21/09/24)

Yorkie

we don't look our normal self with the pace and i can't work out if its the midfield or defense that's our problem, From what I've seen this season so far you can count Europe out the window

Edited by astraguy

We all wait all week for this.  All season there is so little joy in watching us play.  And today the score line reflects it and it should have been more.

Get the fucking Italian international on.  If Gordon is injured get him off.  

We can still win this mind.  Even if we just click for 5 minutes.

5 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Hopefully silence the Gordon on the right side fan club this

To be fair to the out of position nonce brigade, on current form it doesn't really matter where on the pitch he's playing. It's not a true reflection of the player we know he is/can be.

Edited by Conjo

We've lost any semblance of the togetherness in covering each other, we're no longer pressing or have any intensity and in general just look like a club who's waiting for something to give them a refresh. It's like the players are no longer sold on Eddie's vision, I'm not even sure Eddie seems that enthusiastic any more - it all looks like a bit of a chore for them all.

It's incredible to think we have upgraded the team in many ways since the 2022 season, yet we are the complete opposite of it defensively and out of possession, I miss those days of having confidence in us as a unit and restricting the other team 

Now are a liability all over the pitch, makes no sense

1 minute ago, Andy said:

As has been the case all season, it's hard to see what we're trying to do. The only strategies seem to be:

1) Schar diagonal

2) pass around near the box and look for Gordon or Barnes to do something magic

We have nothing else. 

Remember all of those little patterns of play a few years back between Trippier, Bruno, Miggy, even Longstaff? The high press and lighting fast transitions? Joelinton and Willock storming down the left side? All distant memories. 

Add to that the fact that we have huge gaps every single week, this has been coming. 

5 games in, virtually no injuries, no real development of style (although last week was a bit better). Concerning. Really hope Howe has a plan for the season, haven't seen one so far this year apart from grafting out victories.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Tactics are shit, but away from home they generally always are so that’s nothing new. What has struck me this game is the lack of appetite and the back turning when Pope or the defence have the ball. Nobody wants it.

Basically if the opposition mark Bruno we've got no one to get the ball from midfield. 

Our lack of pace, strength and technical ability in the midfield is being completely shown up today