Fulham 3-1 Newcastle United (21/09/24)

Yorkie

Just now, Armchair Pundit said:

I know they say it's the hope that kills, but they're not wrong. Years we put up with shit, we've now got some decent players, a bit of money, what I hope is still a decent manager and some better internal structure... and still we get absolute dross like this. Just... why?! What do we have to do to change things? All confidence, drive, enthusiasm just ups and disappears like a fart in the wind. Gods, it just all feels tedious.

Couldn't agree more. Doesn't matter how rich we are, what players we have, we always end up being fkn average. 60 years of supporting Newcastle and I think I've actually enjoyed about 5 seasons. The misery is always just around the corner. 

It's games like this when you wonder if we'd have been better cashing in on some players - knee-jerk-tastic, yes, but it still makes you wonder. You can't help but feel like maybe we really are cursed, nothing seems to improve for long, before reverting back to shit eventually. I saw the Keegan years, the Robson years, we've had peaks, but invariably it comes back to games like today's - just utter, utter soul-destroying shit.