Our future, Howe vs Mitchell

Kid Icarus

Our direction: Howe vs Mitchell   

210 members have voted

1. 1. Howe or Mitchell?

• Howe
    • Mitchell

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

No. We don't. Is it a possibility? Of course. But is irritating how some of you speak with such confidence about a behind the scenes situation that you actually know very little about. Drives me crazy that I deal with it as part of my work situation just to see the usual suspects doing it here. No wonder that disinformation is running so rampant through civilization.

It’s fine that we have different opinion, but genuinely speaking, at work place, if your boss publicly started the war against you, like what Mitchell did to Howe, you should consider all your options, because you know your boss will never be your allies

Not sure it should be Howe v Mitchell. 

Mitchell has walked into this, and clearly Eales has filled him in on his version of events, reckon Eales put Brunos release clause in, and also tried to flog Gordon, while M&M fell on their sword trying to protect what they and Howe had started, so Eales has kicked off to Yesir citing we'll get points deductions etc, forcing the sale of Minteh/Anderson, with Michell thinking the whole thing was a bit of a shambles and understandably thinking our transfer strategy wasn't fit for purpose as he's allegedly said, my hunch is Eales has spun this all his way, and Mitchell is caught in the crossfire. 

9 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Not sure it should be Howe v Mitchell. 

Mitchell has walked into this, and clearly Eales has filled him in on his version of events, reckon Eales put Brunos release clause in, and also tried to flog Gordon, while M&M fell on their sword trying to protect what they and Howe had started, so Eales has kicked off to Yesir citing we'll get points deductions etc, forcing the sale of Minteh/Anderson, with Michell thinking the whole thing was a bit of a shambles and understandably thinking our transfer strategy wasn't fit for purpose as he's allegedly said, my hunch is Eales has spun this all his way, and Mitchell is caught in the crossfire. 

Solid fan fiction. GRRM could use some help finishing Game of Thrones.

Bit of a naughty way of wording the question, this.  

Howe vs Mitchell - Howe.

Alternative question with the same implications as above: A club strategy and structure based on a specific footballing identity that recruits proficiently inline with that strategy (including managers) vs a club strategy based entirely on a manager's footballing identity that recruits to said footballing identity and the hierarchies ability to identify successful managers -  Probably the former. 

Edited by Thumbheed

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

Something feels off about Mitchell.

I just dont think Howe is Mitchell's man and I don't think Mitchell is Newcastles man.

There is freedom within, there is freedom without, try to catch the deluge in a paper cup

There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost,

But you'll never see the end of the road while you're traveling with NUFC

Hey Howe, hey Howe, don’t dream it's over
Hey Howe, hey Howe, when the world comes in
They come, they come, to build a Paul between us
We know they won't win

Edited by bobbydazzla

I get why the question is being asked and I get that ultimately it is upto those at the club to decide what they feel is the best direction is what will be taken. I'd imagine that the hope is that they'd co-exist and 'click' as realistically I don't believe anyone is now at the club to simply 'sponge' or see their days out. There appears to be a desire for all to be the best. However, as there are different personalities there are different methods being used to perhaps shake things up and keep people on their toes and pushing forward.

As we are always reminded on here, it's a football forum and it's for discussion, debate and and understanding of collective perception. So there's nothing really wrong with the thread, it's what many folk will be asking in pubs next week, dare I say it. However, it's a little concerning that this is the effect two or three journalists have over not just our fans but society as a whole.

Ironically, sensationalist as it may seem, journalists are seemingly there to create a story that sells rather than to journal the facts and truths of what is happening. The more sensationalist language that is used, the better as it adds to the juiciness of a story.

I could be wrong, but Hope is a Toon fan, if I remember correctly - and his use of it being a 'civil war' and constantly asking Howe is nothing but sensationalist wank designed to sell his version of a story over others. People can say he's doing is his job, he may be, but is there a need to exacerbate or simply generate something like this from nothing to his team, that he follows? What's he really gaining from it?

The drum has been banged for 3 or 4 weeks now and it's clear Eddie isn't going to let up. So Hope needs to fuck off, as does that SMB. However, fans are starting to give credence to it's validity and it's clearly seeping in. I genuinely think we're one of the worst fan bases for it too. Probably because we're passionate and all have a desire to end this baron spell.

However, I like to think that for the wonderful job that Eddie Howe has done, particularly in those first 18months but also carrying a decimated, injury-struck side through the 'group of death' and almost out the other side and then onto the brink of European qualification again, after our greatest start to a season in decades (despite performances) and just one loss in 5 games, we'd collectively (as a fanbase) be rallying behind him and fencing him off to tell everyone out there - back off, he's our man.

He has called for unity, he has claimed there is unity, we (the fans) need give him unity and I can guarantee the players will follow, and to some degree are demonstrating they're still with the manager by beating a team with 10men and coming back from a losing position versus Bournemouth, Wolves and almost Fulham.

We have issues which Howe can iron out, of that I am certain, but we need to block out this sensationalist wank and unite on all fronts. Newcastle UNITED will never be defeated.

Edited by Heron

If Eddie gets results on the pitch, he's going nowhere regardless of whether there's "Civil War" (TM Craig Hope) or not.

The problem at the moment is that, while we clearly ended up two players short in terms of incoming transfers, he isn't getting the most out of the players we do have this season. If that carries on medium-term there'd be questions asked from above, DOF or no DOF.

Likewise, if he starts to turn things around performance-wise and keeps us in the hunt for Europe by the time January comes around, he should be backed with at least one incoming. Finish in the European spots and no DOF in the world will be able to convince his bosses to bin the manager. 

What in the Ready To Groom is this? :lol: 

Bit daft having to pick one or the other. If Mitchell ends up going early. Then I think Howe would also follow suit not long after and PIF would view him as a bit of a problem, who doesn’t work well with those above him. 

If Howe were to leave and it’s a lot to do with those above him. Then rightly or wrongly, Mitchell would be extremely unpopular with most fans. 

Although the poll suggests otherwise. As it stands currently. You can surely only pick Howe? What has Mitchell done to deserve any credit in the bank with our fanbase and how can he even be fairly judged after being here what, 2-3 months? 

Edited by Lush Vlad

Team Howe for me. Said it other month, not convinced by Mitchell and reputation is too hyped for my liking. 

People will point mostly to his spell with Poch, which is 7-10 years ago that run. 

Howe does need to show some evolution to his management, and I don’t know if it’s a case of him being loyal to players or club shit at selling. 

Giving the debacle of the window in the end, wonder if club do regret not giving Hickson the role, and riding it out 12 months to then get number one target Freedman.

8 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Why is this a thing, seriously? Why perpetuate the notion that it even exists?

It's a discussion that's already going on, it already exists as a notion.

I know some people think this whole 'problem' is a media invention and that's fine, but the discussion over Howe and Mitchell is happening regardless. 

Don’t think long term the issue is Howe or Mitchell. We clearly need to change our approach to transfers. If Howe can’t or isn’t willing to get on board with that, then he won’t be here long term, whether that’s with Mitchell here or someone else.

5 minutes ago, astraguy said:

lock this nonsense ,just aiding the media fire (Craig Hope)

Aye mate, locking a thread with coming up to a hundred votes and already on 2 pages seems like what everyone wants. 

9 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I'd like a 'they will work together well' option please. 

PS terrible thread.

This is an 'if it comes down to it' poll. No room for centrism splitting the vote in the football section.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 hours ago, Conjo said:

This is probably the dumbest fucking shit I've seen on here in a long time. Craig Hope playing KI like a fiddle.

My distrust for Mitchell and my feeling that something isn't right began with the transfer window debacle and Mitchell's interview tbf.

Hope and the media are irrelevant AFAIC. 

Edited by Kid Icarus