Newcastle United vs. Manchester City: 28/09/24 @ 12:30 (TNT Sports)

HaydnNUFC

4 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

Rodri ruled out for the whole season 

Urgh. Happy to have him missing against us (not that it'll make much difference lol), but this could be enough to give Arse or Pool an edge over the season. Either of those winning the league is pure :anguish:

14 minutes ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Urgh. Happy to have him missing against us (not that it'll make much difference lol), but this could be enough to give Arse or Pool an edge over the season. Either of those winning the league is pure :anguish:

I think they will still do it. They are just that dominant. If Haaland gets injured aswell, I might change my mind.

Edited by Erikse

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I understand the sentiment, but I'd feel a little sick of Villa won the title.

Same. I would much rather City just kept on winning until we are good enough to do it.

Just now, Nine said:

Pep will play a Kovacic - Gundogan double pivot for this with Rodri gone imo 

Fuck. The double pivot always gazumps our triple reverse turnover press. 

1 minute ago, RS said:

Fuck. The double pivot always gazumps our triple reverse turnover press. 

We don’t even possess a single reverse turnover press this season, let alone a triple [emoji38]

44 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

I’m sure last season he was out for 3-4 games and they failed to win 

You're right.

With the Spaniard in the side, Guardiola's title machine have won 74 per cent of their games and lost only 11 per cent. 

Without Rodri, City have a 64 per cent winning record and have lost 24 per cent of their games. 

Rather incredibly, City lost only three league games last season when Rodri had been absent through suspension. 

Rodri's record 74-match unbeaten streak with City was ended after his side suffered defeat in the FA Cup final to Manchester United. 

5 minutes ago, Decky said:

Fully expect the team to put in a much better performance because its City but I'll be thoroughly disappointed if they do and then put in another poor showing against Everton. 

A Newcastle classic would be a much better performance with a loss in the last five mins against Man City and then a 3-0 loss against Everton with Keane scoring a blastie, Burn heading into his own net and DCL slamming one in off his cock 

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

A Newcastle classic would be a much better performance with a loss in the last five mins against Man City and then a 3-0 loss against Everton with Keane scoring a blastie, Burn heading into his own net and DCL slamming one in off his cock 

the moment i got to "blastie" i knew the post would end with that word. :lol: 

Rodri is such a huge miss for them. Can't help getting naively optimistic for this :lol: He's everywhere when we play them. The ball seems to fall into his feet no matter where he is and never loses it.

7 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Rodri is such a huge miss for them. Can't help getting naively optimistic for this :lol: He's everywhere when we play them. The ball seems to fall into his feet no matter where he is and never loses it.

No KdB and Rodri and we/others might just give them a game .