Everton 0-0 Newcastle United (05/10/24)

Yorkie

14 hours ago, Cronky said:

I think we were just unlucky. We created a number of chances but the ball just didn't fall for us. 

Yup, Bruno was unlucky not to score and if Gordon does the same penalty shot he does against City, we’re 2-0 up at the half.

xG of 1.73 backs that up. Plenty of positives to take away for the break and hopefully a striker or two coming back in that time. 

10 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Last season we could score at will. This season it looks a struggle. It’s the same team largely. Why is this?

Last season was chaos, we were never going to score the same amount this season. That’s why signing a RW was so important in the summer.

5 hours ago, STM said:

Creating chances and scoring goals isn't an issue with Eddie Howe sides and never has been for us (barring the odd little spell).

Having a solid defence and balanced midfield is more of a likely issue and if feels like we've turned a corner in that regard (since Tonalis inclusion and the Brazilians getting up to speed).

Against City I never really felt like they would get a winner and Everton didn't get near our goal for most of the game.

We drew away from home, kept a clean sheet and dominated the game. We are fine. 

Also, as absolutely shite as Everton are, they will get a couple of big scalps this season and I'm pleased we aren't one.

Disagree on Everton being much of a threat to the big teams, they looked shit. But agree that we did look better defensively in the last couple of games and that is a positive.

25 minutes ago, TRon said:

Disagree on Everton being much of a threat to the big teams, they looked shit. But agree that we did look better defensively in the last couple of games and that is a positive.

I didn't say they were going to be a threat, more that they will win a couple of big games. More to do with Goodison. At some point this season they will beat a Spurs or whatever.

Basically I'm saying we got through a historically tricky fixture unscathed and unlucky.

Just now, STM said:

I didn't say they were going to be a threat, more that they will win a couple of big games. More to do with Goodison. At some point this season they will beat a Spurs or whatever.

Basically I'm saying we got through a historically tricky fixture unscathed and unlucky.

I'm not one who pays that much mind to history tbh. I just look at the team we are playing, and if they aren't very good I am disappointed if we don't beat them.

24 minutes ago, madras said:

Dyche apparently whinging they should have had a pen because Calvert Lewin kicked Burn. How the fuck does that work ? Idiot.

Dyche is one of the biggest shithouses in football. Talks absolute bollocks, couldn't stand him at Burnley always moaning about other teams diving and carrying on when they were among the biggest load of cheating bastards I've ever seen 

Don't feel like we've really moved on from intensity is our identity. It's familiar patterns working the ball across the pitch hoping you'll outrun the opposition and get players into space before the defence can cover but you have to evolve and force the opposition to second guess.

5 hours ago, Kilcline said:

Dyche is one of the biggest shithouses in football. Talks absolute bollocks, couldn't stand him at Burnley always moaning about other teams diving and carrying on when they were among the biggest load of cheating bastards I've ever seen 

Not quite cheating but without doubt he had a say in how that pitch was yesterday 

5 hours ago, TRon said:

I'm not one who pays that much mind to history tbh. I just look at the team we are playing, and if they aren't very good I am disappointed if we don't beat them.

This is the correct way to be but I think all the staticians and what not generate a psychology around each fixture that unfortunately even some of those playing in the fixture might tune into.

55 minutes ago, Heron said:

This is the correct way to be but I think all the staticians and what not generate a psychology around each fixture that unfortunately even some of those playing in the fixture might tune into.

If I took an objective view like TRon then Michelle Collins is just a 62 year old woman who would be open minded enough to have a sleepover at mine

But that’s not the reality, she’s Michelle Collins and she’s never agreed to sleep over at mine, even though I’ve asked her many times. So now I’m expecting her to say no 

Therefore psychology of past events will usually influence future success 

16 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

If I took an objective view like TRon then Michelle Collins is just a 62 year old woman who would be open minded enough to have a sleepover at mine

But that’s not the reality, she’s Michelle Collins and she’s never agreed to sleep over at mine, even though I’ve asked her many times. So now I’m expecting her to say no 

Therefore psychology of past events will usually influence future success 

I mean, I get what you're saying albeit I'm not sure it's a similar situation like. :lol:

I mean she must be stupid to decline, right?