Newcastle United vs. Brighton & Hove Albion: 19/10/24 @ 15:00 (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

If we have the energy and intensity of the City game then we will win. 

If we lose and Minteh scores I'm going to need to not come here for a couple weeks and I don't want to do that.

He’s got a doubleheader against Madagascar to negotiate first…

On 07/10/2024 at 12:18, HaydnNUFC said:

Correct. In all competitions we've lost 9 home games under Howe.

Man City 2x

Liverpool 3x

Arsenal 1x

Forest 1x

Cambridge Utd 1x ( :lol: )

Dortmund 1x

Milan 1x

Ten :lol: 

On 10/10/2024 at 14:46, timeEd32 said:

If we have the energy and intensity of the City game then we will win. 

If we lose and Minteh scores I'm going to need to not come here for a couple weeks and I don't want to do that.

-

-

On Saturday Newcastle will get a jarring reminder of the difficulties of getting the recruitment policy right when Yankuba Minteh, sold in the summer to solve a Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) problem, lines up for Brighton.

Knutson is in disbelief that the club let him go.

“If they’re looking for a right winger they had the right person! They literally had him,” he says.

“It’s the biggest fumble they could make. It literally might have been better to be docked points than lose him.

“They flipped their money and got a 4x profit on it which is really good in most circumstances but Minteh’s profile is one that looks like he might be a top 10 right winger in the world in the next three years. Brighton clearly think that because they have him in the first XI.

From the full aricle Inside Newcastle’s transfer revolution ‘worth millions if you get it right’

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-transfer-revolution-worth-millions-3322993?ITO