Steve Bruce Toon Heartache

Skirge

Guest Knightrider

For those who are perhaps puzzled why so many dislike Bruce, let me explain...

During the 96 title run in (and before) Bruce was attributed to a number of pieces that basically put Newcastle United down as a club that will never be as big as Man Utd, as successful and he took a good few snipes at our playing style too, as did many others. For a so-called Geordie to put down the club you supported as a boy (apparently), that's unforgivable and furthermore, he's only been a Geordie, dyed in the wool Mag since he become a manager. By that I mean he's false as fuck and using his Geordie card to suit his own agendas.

Anyway...

For what its worth I think he's half decent as a manager and has done a very good job at Birmingham, but I don't think he's good enough at the top end of football and never will be. For that reason alone I'd be pretty disappointed if he ever took over at St. James' Park.

Guest Phil K

"Bloody hell, Newcastle wanted me!

We had exactly the same feeling Steve  :lol:

My hair stood on end at the thought Stevie. blueyes.gif bluelaugh.gif

• 3 years later...

STEVE BRUCE: NEWCASTLE HAVE GOT NO CLASS

STEVE BRUCE last night accused Newcastle of a lack of class in the wake of their 5-1 thrashing of Sunderland.

Sunderland officials were infuriated by Newcastle’s post-match reaction to their biggest derby win since 1956.

In what they saw as a ploy to mock their neighbours, the Sixties hit Daydream Believer was played at full volume though the loudspeakers, in the knowledge that Newcastle fans would sing their own abusive version which includes the lines “What can it mean to a sad Mackem b*****d and a s**t football team.”

The Sunderland hierarchy can still recall the spectacle of Toon owner Mike Ashley and chairman Derek Llambias performing the conga around the boardroom table following a Newcastle win two seasons ago.

“Thankfully, I was down the tunnel by then but I did hear about it,” said Bruce in a reference to events at St James’s Park after the final whistle.

“It was probably typical of their etiquette. Hopefully, we can repeat the same dosage.’’

Bruce’s immediate task is to ensure Sunderland bounce back tomorrow against a Stoke side which includes several players he sold including Kenwyne Jones on his first return to his former club.

But he knows that for many fans, sickened by last Sunday’s humiliation, he will not be forgiven easily.

“I will have to live with it forever,” he said. “There is no hiding place.’’

I love it. He is losing the mind games which proves the derby is too big for him, I mean would Hughton have came out with any bullshit if the scoreline was the other way round? His days are numbered at Sunderland.

Guest Roger Kint

If he loved Newcastle that much he'd have went, quite simple really.

Robson turned down Newcastle in 1997 due to loyalties elsewhere, do you doubt his credentials as a Newcastle fan?

Robson never quit two clubs in 5 months each time a better offer came around to be fair......

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The Sunderland hierarchy can still recall the spectacle of Toon owner Mike Ashley and chairman Derek Llambias performing the conga around the boardroom table following a Newcastle win two seasons ago.

:mackems:

There has to be a dodgy mobile vid of this. It'd be a stroke of PR genius to improve their image!

Robson turned down Newcastle in 1997 due to loyalties elsewhere, do you doubt his credentials as a Newcastle fan?

Robson never quit two clubs in 5 months each time a better offer came around to be fair......

Robson also had the lure of some of Europe's top clubs. Bruce on the other hand could only dream of a club like Newcastle coming in for him.

Robson also had the lure of some of Europe's top clubs. Bruce on the other hand could only dream of a club like Newcastle coming in for him.

sure there's plenty who will correct me but i seem to recall robson was very clear that he stayed at Barca due to an agreement he made with whoever was in charge or something, he felt to leave and take the NUFC job (which he desperately wanted) would have been dishonourable and thus he stayed only to get shafted at the end of that season by them

that right?  to compare bruce and robson, for fucks sake :no:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

sure there's plenty who will correct me but i seem to recall robson was very clear that he stayed at Barca due to an agreement he made with whoever was in charge or something, he felt to leave and take the NUFC job (which he desperately wanted) would have been dishonourable and thus he stayed only to get shafted at the end of that season by them

that right?  to compare bruce and robson, for fucks sake :no:

Correct. Robson honoured his contracts.  :thup:

There has to be a dodgy mobile vid of this. It'd be a stroke of PR genius to improve their image!

I seem to remember it was actually Chris Mort who entered the boardroom at SJP coing the conga, Niall Quinn was in the room at the time and was well pissed off.....  :lol:

Reminds me of Laporta getting smashed and utterly wasted after last year's win against Real Madrid. Except we *do* have photos of it :lol:

All week he was going in the press about making sure that the occasion did not get to his players but I think he himself completely undestimated what the derby match is like up here.  He admitted he had never been to one before and I supposed based his opinion on the Manchester and Birmingham derbys which are not the same thing at all.  He seems to have been shell-shocked by the experience.

All week he was going in the press about making sure that the occasion did not get to his players but I think he himself completely undestimated what the derby match is like up here.  He admitted he had never been to one before and I supposed based his opinion on the Manchester and Birmingham derbys which are not the same thing at all.  He seems to have been shell-shocked by the experience.

he`s lived away from the NE for so long wouldn`t be too surprised if he forgot how much it means up here.