Newcastle 2 - 2 Man Utd - Post match thoughts

Dave

Martins was good today and won a lot of battles he had no right in wining but he did make a lot of poor passes!

I thought his link up play in the first half was excellent and it was how I'd hope he'll play when Owen is back, he was controlling everything on his chest and laying it off when support arrived, second half he went missing although the support just wasn't there.

Spot on, that.  blueyes.gif

Quality btw SSR. :lol:

Given (7) - some good stops,but he wasn't at his best

Edgar (8 )- Brilliant,he got a debut against an on form C.Ronaldo,he did well,he looked far more comfortable when playing against park,and scoring a lovley goal..

Taylor (7) also not at his best,but didnt enough to convince me

Huntington (7) looked good,but had some bad moments in the game,he should get more games..

Nobby (8 ) a really good peformence when playing against C.Ronaldo,and i think we should make him our first choice right back

Parker (6) looked lost,he was OK but he couldve done better,dosn't tackle as much as he used to

Emre (6) was also OK,but he wasn't at his best today

Dyer (7) was really good at counter attacks,nothing more today

Milner (8 ) gave a 100% the whole game,and scored on of the goals of the season

Sibreski (7) very good as a talisman,but he missed a great chance

Martins (6) was running like hell,but no real effect in the pitch

Overall (7)- we got lucky today,we couldve easily ended losing the game,but luck was on our side,and a deserved points

Guest MalcolmSm1th

http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/4505/segwaydi1.jpg

:lol: What on earth?

Might be the greatest thing I've seen on this board.  Hahaha... laughing my tit's off here. 

Now I'm crying with laughter.  Magic.  Well done whomever.

Guest newcastle4life

toon class in first half.dropped a bit deep in last 5 of 1st.parker and emre were shite today like.parker was far to deep just sitting in front of back 4 when we were on attack.point deserved.well done to young edgar.good game to watch and a well deserved point

Guest Amanda

To get a draw against the league leader is a fantastic result.  Did not expect any points at all today.  Things are not going too badly for us, with new players and a lot of changes.

milner, martins, dyer all quality

emre gave the ball away too often, glad hes off corner duty though

best goals ive seen at st james for a good while. antoine should have put his header away, we should have had a pen, ref was wearing red.

A very quick view on Red Cafe suggests many thought Martins was good today, scared them every time he had the ball.

agree. seems a lot at the match thought martins was a bit poor and sibierski excellent, while many who watched on telly thought the opposite. probably because martins' strength today was his close control, something you can hardly see at the match, and this was also Sibierski's weakness.

A very quick view on Red Cafe suggests many thought Martins was good today, scared them every time he had the ball.

Scared me too, and I'm in the Upper Tier.

Guest Knightrider

Scared me too, and I'm in the Upper Tier.

:lol:

I thought Martins was average today, although the service wasn't great. I was pleased with some aspects of his game, however, such as moments of close control, strength and his prowess in the air. Overall though I thought he could have done better. That said, it was a team performance and I don't mind poor or average performances so long as the team wins and that player not playing well works hard and Martins worked bloody hard, they all did.