Newcastle 2 - 2 Man Utd - Post match thoughts

Dave

Tbh, I thought in the second half Martins was bossed by Vidic, who's actually turning out into a good player and forming an excellent partnership with the druggie (Rio). First half he was decent, as was our whole team. Second half just couldn't get anything going, especially after our whole team's confidence seemed to have been lost after Scholes' second. He'll get better, this is pretty early on his learning curve still.

Guest Knightrider

Tbh, I thought in the second half Martins was bossed by Vidic, who's actually turning out into a good player and forming an excellent partnership with the druggie (Rio). First half he was decent, as was our whole team. Second half just couldn't get anything going, especially after our whole team's confidence seemed to have been lost after Scholes' second. He'll get better, this is pretty early on his learning curve still.

Aye, nowt to worry about.  blueyes.gif

I just hope he doesn't let his frustration get the better of him.  He need's proper service, which ain't happening at the moment.  I noticed a few times he was clear and threw his arms up wondering why he can't get a ball played to his feet. 

Guest Knightrider

I just hope he doesn't let his frustration get the better of him.  He need's proper service, which ain't happening at the moment.  I noticed a few times he was clear and threw his arms up wondering why he can't get a ball played to his feet. 

Aye, he does get frustrated, I noticed the bench motioning him to calm down a few times, or that's what it looked like anyway. I think that's his eagerness coming through more than anything else though and he's in good company as Rooney is another who gets himself wound up like Martins. A winning mentality sign?

Aye, he does get frustrated, I noticed the bench motioning him to calm down a few times, or that's what it looked like anyway. I think that's his eagerness coming through more than anything else though and he's in good company as Rooney is another who gets himself wound up like Martins. A winning mentality sign?

I would have to think so and I think we can thank Inter for that.  Having come from such a respected club in Italy has obviously given him the

drive to succeed and I truly hope he does.

If he can reach that balance needed to become a quality striker, we'll hit pay dirt for years to come.  :thup:

Guest Knightrider

The good thing about Martins is you can see with every game that he's adapting more and more. For example hen he first joined he looked weak where as now he's showing strength on and off the ball. He's also picking up the pace more and more which is very important, his increased stamina levels are proof of that.

Guest BooBoo

Obas weakness remains that he's hopeless at making runs. A lad with such pace should be coached into being able to time his runs to perfection.

Guest Knightrider

Obas weakness remains that he's hopeless at making runs. A lad with such pace should be coached into being able to time his runs to perfection.

I don't think its his game, although I agree with you and it is certainly something that can be worked on, providing he himself wants to learn. It may even come naturally as he is still only young and learning the game (I can't see it though). Not training alongside Owen isn't helping mind, you pick up good habbits from good players and bad habbits from poor players and we could do with him learning some of the finer points from players like Owen.

As said before I thought Martins played a lot of bad passes but it could have just been a few very close to each other so it sticks in my mind.

As mentioned the kick off for the second half was woeful, don't know why the ball was passed back to Given as a punt up the field was more likely to give them the ball back (which it did) and what they were up to when the ball bypassed a load of players and went  straight to Ronaldo to tee up Scholes I don't know!  blueupset.gif

Still a great result and performance.  bluebiggrin.gif

I don't think its his game, although I agree with you and it is certainly something that can be worked on, providing he himself wants to learn. It may even come naturally as he is still only young and learning the game (I can't see it though). Not training alongside Owen isn't helping mind, you pick up good habbits from good players and bad habbits from poor players and we could do with him learning some of the finer points from players like Owen.

Agreed. Right now, he's in the uncomfortable position of being our star striker at a very young age. He doesn't really have anyone he can learn from amongst our ranks, so he's having to improve his game as he goes without the kind of mentor-figure that Owen could be if he was fit & training with him. That said, he's still doing very well at fixing his weaknesses as he goes, and hopefully he's going to blossom into a real danger.

VdS - Pole

Gaz - Orange

Rio - Head shaped like a kidney

Vidic - Vidic

Evra - Richardson. Diarra

Fletcher - Feather weight

Scholes - Deflects

Park - Lot of hair

Giggs - Growing bald

Ronaldo - Donado

Saha - A year without the wheelchair

Rooney - Hey, Ref! FUCK OFF!

Carrick- I like him

:lol:

if this game was between 2 teams we didnt care about we'd say man u deserved 3 points.....but unlike what most expected after thelast couple of games ,even when a goal down we fought,signs of spirit and defenite hope for the future.

what a match... we could have won if Oba had passed better and more :\

Edgar was cool, he made a few mistakes but played way better than Baba, so i think Celestine can look for a new team :cool:

oh, and those who said that MU will win at least 1-4, can f*** off and i hope they will be more optimist in the future bluedead.gif

I was very happy that Roeder played 442 today and not 451. Every time we play 451 against a big team we lose and hopefully this will show Roeder that we're much more likely to come away with something if we have a go at the big teams.

Great result, Martins wasn't great but was hardly a bad performance was it?

One negative is the way we gave away the 2nd goal, and have done it so often recently. Given always boots the ball, and with such a small team we're not likely to win the header or the 2nd ball. Just play it short to the full backs and play football, otherwise we just give away possession so easily, and against a class side they punish you. To lose possession seconds after kicking off was pathetic.

One negative is the way we gave away the 2nd goal, and have done it so often recently. Given always boots the ball, and with such a small team we're not likely to win the header or the 2nd ball. Just play it short to the full backs and play football, otherwise we just give away possession so easily, and against a class side they punish you. To lose possession seconds after kicking off was pathetic.

I didn't mention this earlier... but why the fuck did we pass back to Given straight from the kick-off? Ridiculously piss-boiling.

I didn't mention this earlier... but why the F*** did we pass back to Given straight from the kick-off? Ridiculously piss-boiling.

Parker. Scott.

It was stupid of Parker, when he knows Given is having a problem with his kicking at present, due to his groin problem.

Saying that, Taylor seemed intent on testing out Given's groin in the first-half as well. Surely we should have some sort of plan for kick-offs, though? Unless it was a plan, in which case someone wants a slap.

Well I thought that was a thoroughly entertaining match - chances at both ends.  I don't get to many games so it was good to be treated to such a good one today.  Thank fcuk Solano was in the right place at the right time at the end. 

That was better than Scotland v France for me.  Oh, and I pity the poor bugger who borrowed my Dundee United season ticket today - we got humped 5-1 from, wait for it.....Falkirk  blueeek.gif

Guest thaitoon

was straight from the restart our wisely captain plays the ball back from the kick off to given, whos widely known as carrying some sort of leg strain, whos clearance gives the ball back to manu , who proceed to score.

i mean cmon, was that the only option parker had from the restart, would have been easier just to pass it straight to manu, to save some of the strain on givens dodgy leg, .

apart fromthat we showed character, just look at our back 4 , and compare them with the manu front, scary or what.

although it does have to be said, we were fortunate

taylor is going to be a real star, the way he struts around is the sure sign of his self belief.