***The Quote-tastic thread***

Guest smoggeordie

Silvestre is crap. Responsible for alot of ManU's goals conceded last season. No coincidence that ManU are conceding less now he's out of the team. Note - conceded the penalty against Wigan on boxing day as well.

Distin would be the better option for the same job.

I think you've forgotten how average/crap Distin was for us.

He seems to be ridiculously over-rated IMO. Seems to make a lot of mistakes for citeh from what I see of him as well.

Guest eyeball_tickler

crouch comes here for first team football for £7 million then gets benched in april when we have martins and owen then leaves in the summer for £3 million.

bulletproof.

i'll take him for 5m - 7 seems a bit high.

but whereas i thought it was the worst pool signing when i went through, he has actually surprised me pleasantly. the only thing i fear is him returning to villa/soton standards when coming here... or even worse, us returning to long ball tactics....

I actually rate Heskey more than Crouch.

Not sure about that like. ;) But if we can't find a better striker than Crouch for £7m, our scouts want shot. (also, 5 of his 10 goals in the league for Liverpool came in a 5 game spell last December, which helps exaggerate his goals per game ratio.)

Carew loan till end of season

Luque swap with Cassano maybe loan or full deal.

Two moves that would suit all parties and would cost nothing.

I'd be delighted if we did this for our forward strengthening and spent the rest on defenders.

I'd be delighted if we did this for our forward strengthening and spent the rest on defenders.

You are genius :lol:

Do you think these kind of thoughts cross Roeder mind?

I hope so...although Casano is very conflict person,alot like Bowyer :thdn:

But he has great talent

If we don't have anyone new through the door within the first half of the month i'll be slightly annoyed. We've had four months or so to conduct any transfer arrangements, etc, aswell as January itself. It's a pathetic show of management/chairmanship if we're doing deals on the last day again.

13th January: Mark Viduka - £2m

You must have been f***ing fuming when we signed Woodgate! :lol:

What i meant was that if we're doing deadline-day panic deals a la Rossi, Sibi, Bernard... it's a pathetic display of management/chairmanship.

:thup:

But he has great talent

Probably not. But then apparently Madrid are touting Cassano around England and with our clubs strong links with Madrid i'm sure we'd be asked first, or somewhere near first.

With us touting Luque around Spain, its only a matter of time before the penny drops in someones head.

Maybe Cassano doesn't find a move to us appealing? I wouldn't if i wasn't a fan, and he is ambitious and temperamental

But he has great talent

Probably not. But then apparently Madrid are touting Cassano around England and with our clubs strong links with Madrid i'm sure we'd be asked first, or somewhere near first.

With us touting Luque around Spain, its only a matter of time before the penny drops in someones head.

Maybe Cassano doesn't find a move to us appealing? I wouldn't if i wasn't a fan, and he is ambitious and temperamental

To say Cassano is tempremental is a massive understatement

But he has great talent

True.

Cassano is a women trapped in a footballers body.

Does that do it?

But he has great talent

True.

Does that do it?

No thats taking it a little too far now.

Lets say footballs answer to Elton John? :D

But he has great talent

True.

Does that do it?

more like the footballing version of

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/housemates/profiles/nikki_profile_185_194.jpg

Cassano? You'd be fecking mad. He's a gobby trouble maker with a weight problem, who'd probably struggle to settle over here in any case.

I also don't think Crouch is worth anything like 7m, but given the choice of him or Cassano, I'd take Crouch.

But he has great talent

True.

Does that do it?

more like the footballing version of

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/housemates/profiles/nikki_profile_185_194.jpg

Can you imaging him here in this climate?

'Am so cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold'

If we get a striker and a left-back I'd be happy enough with our work in the transfer window. Unless we're beset by another avalanche of injuries then I think we'd be just about covered for the rest of the season, a centre-half on top of that would obviously be ideal but it all depends on what kind of money is available.

I can't see us buying 5 players, though, as a lot of people seem to have been suggesting.

I can see us getting a centre back to be honest. Roeder is going on about Bramble and Moore being out for quite a while yet, so any injury to Taylor or Ramage and we're down to Huntington at centre half. No disrespect to the lad but we don't want to throw him in the deep end.

If we get a striker and a left-back I'd be happy enough with our work in the transfer window. Unless we're beset by another avalanche of injuries then I think we'd be just about covered for the rest of the season, a centre-half on top of that would obviously be ideal but it all depends on what kind of money is available.

I can't see us buying 5 players, though, as a lot of people seem to have been suggesting.

Left back and Striker would be good centre back would be useful but wouldn't expect any more than that.

I would rather go for Woodgate rather than Upson, would probably get the same amount of games out of either of them but Woodgate would likely cost less and is far FAR better than Upson.

(See 2J, I don't hate Woodgate!  tongue.gif )

I would rather go for Woodgate rather than Upson, would probably get the same amount of games out of either of them but Woodgate would likely cost less and is far FAR better than Upson.

Urrgh. Agreed.

Urrgh. Agreed.

:lol: ya big minge!  tongue.gif