January Transfer Window thread attempt 3

Syrette

Guest Zenith

Craig Bellamy would do nicely.

in a hot pot and shat out again

Hot pot's shit themselves?

Ok, craig Bellamy would do nicely with a salmon slapped round his chops? Either way, he's a Cvnt

Dunno mate, I'm not a cannibal.

Know nowt about him.

EDIT: Just read up on Cruz on Wikipedia. Been around quite a lot, was at Feyenoord before he moved to Italy with Bologna in 2000. Joined Inter in 2003 but was a fringe player until last season, where he finished to pscorer with 21 goals. Had a troublesome injury at the start of this season, but has come back in very good form, scoring 5 goals from 4 starts, including 3 goals in the Champions League and some key ones in the league aswell.

Big, strong, experienced and has played with Martins aswell. Sounds like a decent option.

I believe the majority of our money simply must be spent on defence. The fact that Huntington and Edgar are now regular first-teamers highlights that there is a desperate need for funding in this area. If any more drop out we could be turning to the youth team and throwing 16 year old kids in.

If we go and blow all our money on a striker we will be in big problems at the back come May. Even our best available back four isn't anywhere near good enough, but in Solano, Taylor and Given I believe we have the makings of a good defence. What we need is an experienced top drawer defender to play alongside Taylor and a decent LB.

That doesn't mean we can afford not to bring in a striker. But if we're prioritising, then defence must come first and then a cheap/loan striker. I believe the lion's share of money (be it now or in summer) should go on a centre back, followed by a left back and then a striker.

I believe the majority of our money simply must be spent on defence. The fact that Huntington and Edgar are now regular first-teamers highlights that there is a desperate need for funding in this area. If any more drop out we could be turning to the youth team and throwing 16 year old kids in.

If we go and blow all our money on a striker we will be in big problems at the back come May. Even our best available back four isn't anywhere near good enough, but in Solano, Taylor and Given I believe we have the makings of a good defence. What we need is an experienced top drawer defender to play alongside Taylor and a decent LB.

That doesn't mean we can afford not to bring in a striker. But if we're prioritising, then defence must come first and then a cheap/loan striker. I believe the lion's share of money (be it now or in summer) should go on a centre back, followed by a left back and then a striker.

Another intelligent and superbly reasoned post from Ohmelads. Agree wholeheartedly.

Though, i'd probably prioritise a left-back over a centre-back. Everything else is spot on, though.

SWP turning down West Ham scares me a little. Does anyone actually want him here?

See thread dedicated to said matter.

Sorry,  didn't see it.  Thought this thread was about january transfers  :thup:

SWP turning down West Ham scares me a little. Does anyone actually want him here?

See thread dedicated to said matter.

Sorry, didn't see it. Thought this thread was about january transfers :thup:

It is, of sorts. ;-)

The Spanish press are saying Coloccini wants to leave Deportivo and claim there are several offers on the table.

For those who don't know he's a versatile defender and Argentina international.

Him or Andrade swap for Luque.

We need a swap deal.

Guest Bellers

The Spanish press are saying Coloccini wants to leave Deportivo and claim there are several offers on the table.

For those who don't know he's a versatile defender and Argentina international.

Definetly a long shot.

Milan made a massive mistake selling him and I have no doubt Europe's top clubs will be chasing him.

Add to this massive wage demands and I'd say we've got a no go...

To be honest I'm pretty much green with envy over West Ham as they're signing players left and right with Magnusson's biscuit money.

In the mean time, we hardly get concrete links much less signings.

We'll get one or two players in eventually I suppose, but I have to admit that anxiety is setting in.