Most Talented Player Of The Past 20 Years (In 2J's Opinion) Off To Meelan

Tooj

Taken from SkySports.com

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/862/452mwqs9vu.jpg

The saga of Ronaldo's transfer to Milan looks to be on the brink of completion after the Rossoneri's lawyer confirmed that a deal has been agreed with Real Madrid.

The Italian giants have been locked in talks with their Spanish counterparts over the past few days, and appear to have backed down from their original demand to sign the World Cup's all-time top goalscorer on a free transfer.

Spanish media reported on Thursday that Milan had made a €6million (£3.95million) offer for the former Internazionale star who has seen his first team standing slump under Fabio Capello.

Now Milan's legal department say only the successful completion of a medical, which could take place on Friday, is preventing 'The Phenomenon' from joining Carlo Ancelotti's squad.

"With Real all problems have been overcome," stated Milan lawyer Leandro Cantamessa.

"Monday or Tuesday could be the day for the definition of the contract.

"Everything will depend from the medicals Ronaldo will have with MilanLab and from the evaluations of the Rossoneri's doctors."

Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has also confirmed that a formal bid has been put together for the three-time Fifa World Player of the Year.

"We are sending an offer for Ronaldo, we are negotiating. Let's see what happens," Galliani told the club's official website.

"Everything, then, will depend on the results of the medical. There are still a lot of things to do."

Galliani would not rule out the possibility of the prolific striker being presented to the club's fans during Milan's Coppa Italia game with Roma at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on Thursday night, stating; "Yes, that's still possible."

Ronaldo suffered serious injury problems during his time with city rivals Inter from 1997 to 2002, and will no doubt relish the chance to prove that his star quality is undimmed in Serie A after falling from grace at the Bernabeu.

Had to laugh at a Rangers fan earlier over this.  "Fuck, I wouldn't even have him for us."

Followed by plenty of sniggering, don't worry.

I wouldve taken Ronaldo, always would have at any stage of his career, but to be fair, a move to Milan doesnt mean those who are writing him off were wrong to do so.

Similar thing happened with Vieri - linked heavily with us, which resulted in many fans turning their stomachs at the thought of getting him, calling him fat and past it, then out of the blue he moved to Milan, with plenty of "Vieri past it? Not good enough for us? Hah" posts. Vieri of course went on to fail miserably.

He should lose the extra weight; still an amazing finisher.

He has actually lost some of his extra weight already, last time I saw him playing for Real in UCL, he actually looked like being in much better fit. Could be great buy from Milan.

Real Madrids systam ruined soo many good player

I see how they train,the fact is the only reason those "galacticos" come to training in the take pictures and sign stuff for the fan..

I think if he dedicate himself in training and work hard to go back to shape he will be a fantatic signing to any team..

If he hadn't had a long injury recored and many  Weight/Fitness problems he wouldve reached a level so high that people wouldve rated him higher then the likes of Pele and Maradona..At his best and when he young he was simply Unstopble

Was superb until his knee exploded at Inter. Has never been the same since. Been living off his reputation for the past 3 or 4 seasons. Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole, given the amount of coin he'd cost us. Nah, Milan are welcome to him.  :o

Guest nufc_geordie

I agree with the original post, there hasn't ben a better centre forward for years. Greatest goalscorer in World Cup history, a true legend of the game. Lets hope that he has one last hurrah in Italy before finishing his career. O0

Guest DarkSchneider

I watched goals scored by Roonie, Ronaldinho, Bergkamp, ... but when I saw this, I was totaly... no words

<Snip. No football clips thanks. Admin>

In my opinion, the 1.st is the best goal ever scored.

Guest NSMagpie

Would have defo taken him but many laughed, may fail at Milan but if Martins gets injured im sure all those who were opposed to Ronaldo joining will love watching Sibierski centre all our attacks.

Yes, and at 3.95 million Ronaldo's also not very expencive (not considering wages). It would be also exciting to watch upfront pair of Martins- Ronaldo. But, I don't think he would have settled in any club not in the Champions League.

• 3 weeks later...