Oguchi Onyewu signs on loan

KaKa

Keefaz, as long as heading the ball is permitted, big, tall, physically intimidating central defenders like Gooch are going to be highly valued. He's almost impossible to win a header off of and will go a long way towards shoring up our central defense and clearing out all those crosses that our defenders usually muck up and let bounce around our box. And while his technique isn't terrific, he is not on of those defenders who panics with the ball at his feet and just hoofs it up the pitch. Think of him as someone who with a year or so of good coaching will become as good as Rio Ferdinand or Sol Campbell were in their primes. That's how promising he is.

Ah yes but this is our coaching staff.

So you're saying Pearson is over-rated? 

Couldn't tell you at the moment as I can't say I'm all too familiar with how he operates. Although I can guarantee he's more use than Terry Mac.

It's quite off-topic, and I hope he's a good signing for us, but, from what I've read so far, I hope this isn't the future of football. I fear it is. 10 foot tall fuckers who have all the skill of Andy O'Brien but can run all day long. I heard on Talksport the other day an anonymous fella working in what is basically a feeder club for London PL sides and he said when they coaches and scouts come down to have a look at his lads, for the most part, they ignore the lads with good technique and football brains and pick out the ones with pace or who they think will grow into monsters. He reckons some scouts measure the lads' hands to work out how tall they'll grow, etc.

Can't find a link and I can't remember where I heard it, but it was some commentator saying that when David Bentley went on loan to Norwich from Arsenal (or it might have been his transfer to Blackburn), he couldn't believe the amount of weight training equipment he was faced with because Wenger doesn't bother with any of that, it's all technique and actual footballing training at Arsenal.

Keefaz, as long as heading the ball is permitted, big, tall, physically intimidating central defenders like Gooch are going to be highly valued. He's almost impossible to win a header off of and will go a long way towards shoring up our central defense and clearing out all those crosses that our defenders usually muck up and let bounce around our box. And while his technique isn't terrific, he is not on of those defenders who panics with the ball at his feet and just hoofs it up the pitch. Think of him as someone who with a year or so of good coaching will become as good as Rio Ferdinand or Sol Campbell were in their primes. That's how promising he is.

I didn't know he was rated at all, never mind over-rated.

Was he not tipped to take over the U21's?  I, like you, have no clue, but others around here

seem to think he's a genius. 

Couldn't tell you at the moment as I can't say I'm all too familiar with how he operates. Although I can guarantee he's more use than Terry Mac.

The Human Clipboard Stand.

The Human Clipboard Stand.

:lol:

how d'you guarantee that ?

Was he not tipped to take over the U21's?  I, like you, have no clue, but others around here

Tipped by who, the Chronicle?

The FA clearly went nowhere near him.

Some people on here think Luque is world class. You do the math, as the Americans probably don't say as much as i like to think they do.

Nowhere near him in the sense that he's now England's U-21 assistant manager?

I would have said that's quite close personally.

Some people on here think Luque is world class. You do the math, as the Americans probably don't say as much as i like to think they do.

I'm Canadian, we don't do math.  O0 

EDIT: Ahahahahahahaha..... 

Nowhere near him in the sense that he's now England's U-21 assistant manager?

I would have said that's quite close personally.

Is he really?? Fuck me. Not literally. Thats a surprise. And not a particularly good one, to be honest.

You think he's a good assistant manager for us? time will tell, but i don't have a lot of faith in anyone Roeder brings in.

I'm Canadian, we don't do math.   O0 

EDIT: Ahahahahahahaha.....  

tut tut  ^-^

Is anyone else getting a bit miffed at how long its taking for anymore news to come through?

He broke the scales when they tried to weigh him. Can't find another set as the shops close early on a Monday.

Is anyone else getting a bit miffed at how long its taking for anymore news to come through?

He broke the scales when they tried to weigh him. Can't find another set as the shops close early on a Monday.

Most rational answer yet :thup:

Guest Knightrider

BREAKING NEWS I've just had a text from the club and they're saying he's failed his medical.

Apparently he has no injury problems whatsoever.

Guest Moe-Ali

Wow, im delighted with this news, Onyewu will bring soo much to our team, height, strength, composure, creativity, youth, and a very very long throw in.

Guest Moe-Ali

Ive seen six of his seven world cup qualifying matches, and 1 match for Standard Leige.

Also all his world cup minutes, hes been one of my favourite young players for a while,

just hope we can sign him on a contract and not just loan.

Doubt anything will be confirmed until the morning, especially if we are indeed bringing another player in tmrw.

Although they might put something up later to say he is set to sign tmrw after the medical was passed.  That is if he passes it and agrees to the whole arrangement.