Oguchi Onyewu signs on loan

KaKa

Well OK, that's fair enough Ally if you think that. I can't really argue with you if you think Ramage has no ability at all...  ;)

I think Ramage has the ability and can be nurtured...

I think Bramble has the ability but cannot be nurtured...

That's where we think differently...

We'll agree to disagree mate.

EDIT: Same to Jon, n'all.

Guest Knightrider

As said both arent good enough but Bramble has some good points to his game where I really cannot think of many if any to Ramage's!

At least he's a Geordie, LOL!!!!

Moore might stay aswell which would be helpful. We could even snap up the likes of Tal Ben Haim and Sylvain Distin for frees in the summer. Would definitely go in for Ben Haim; it wouldn't be Campbell mark II either, cos the Israeli's only like 24.

I would be stunned if Moore got offered a new contract. He's done quite well when fit but he must have missed at least 60%+ of the games since joining NUFC by being injured with hamstring problems. He wasn't nick named Moorcelino for nothing.

Tal Ben Haim would be well worth going after in the Summer. Hopefully Chelsea will be after more expensive alternatives by the Summer.

Guest Sniffer

Ben Haim is Ok if you want a cheating twat that goes down at a glance. Usually holding his head.

Vastly overated player who is beginning to believe his own hype.

I think Bramble has shown far more potential than Ramage. I've seen plenty of games where Bramble has been absolutely immense, like a truck couldn't get past him. Others, obviously he's been horrific but i've yet to see a performance in Ramage like Bramble's best.

I don't think he's going to be a good player in the future, but Ramage is even worse!

Bramble BEST games was with Woodgate UNDOUBTABLY

he needs someone good alongside him, commanding.  Absolute waste to let him go, guy has everything, just needs a spell of games with someone classy, building confidence.  and getting into his head he is PL material, and build up his game from there.

Add me to that list Yorkie... I also reckon Bramble is a better footballer than Ramage, by a considerable margin an' all.

Jon's point about the attributes is exactly my feeling and for you to say that a player at 23 can mature and a player who is merely 2 years older cannot is laughable. This ain't Football Manager, players can improve significantly when they get beyond 24 years old. Not that Bramble needs to do much, other than to cut out his infamous lapses in concentration... and he needs to get injured less, if that's at all possible to control.

It's beyond me how you think Ramage is better and has more potential. (Which I would associate with previous form, physical attributes, mental attributes, etc.) I'd say Bramble is quicker, can use both feet, is stronger, is a better passer of the ball, is better in the air and is a more intelligent footballer than Rampage. As people have already said, he's also proven himself to be able to play at a high level, where Ramage has not. The fact that these three managers you speak of have (the "top-class" one being the bloke who shelled out all that cash for him) all preferred Bramble to Ramage is another point in the chubby bastards favour.

As I've said before, though, it's all about opinions, it's amazing how we all see things differently.

That said it took about the same time for Sol Campbell to stop looking like a complete donkey, although sometime he has to oblige.

Its a known fact Bramble needs a leader next to him, thats why he looked great alongside Woody and to an extent Boumsong in his first season, the minute boumsong lost all confidence (and apparent talent) the partnership was useless.

Whether Gooch can fill this void who knows. Although the fact that Bramble has managed to perform without a leader next to him on more than several occasions is cause for hope.

But how many chances does he get?

Bramble has had some enormos performances in Black and white and has played some howlers. Not always about mis-kicks either, he can go to sleep at all times and be out of position on corners, free kicks etc.

However, on his game, he is head and shoulders above Ramage. If you compare their potential, Bramble is by far the better defender.

That should be as clear as day tbh.

Guest Knightrider

If Brambvle could just concentrate and read play better, he'd be one hell of a player, but he has consistently failed in those areas while a number of managers and coaches have now also failed to work on those things and there comes a time when you have to give up the chase. I don't know why Bramble hasn't improved those parts of his game, I don't think you either have it or don't in this case, because there are countless examples that prove otherwise, but for whatever reason, it just hasn't happened for him. I do wonder whether he actually realises the severity of these problems though and he has to shoulder most of the responsibility for his own game. By all accounts he's a quiet lad but not the brightest and isn't one for taking things in, or rather he struggles to do so. Not his fault of course but not wors either. Shame because he does have ability.

If Brambvle could just concentrate and read play better, he'd be one hell of a player, but he has consistently failed in those areas while a number of managers and coaches have now also failed to work on those things and there comes a time when you have to give up the chase. I don't know why Bramble hasn't improved those parts of his game, I don't think you either have it or don't in this case, because there are countless examples that prove otherwise, but for whatever reason, it just hasn't happened for him. I do wonder whether he actually realises the severity of these problems though and he has to shoulder most of the responsibility for his own game. By all accounts he's a quiet lad but not the brightest and isn't one for taking things in, or rather he struggles to do so. Not his fault of course but not wors either. Shame because he does have ability.

He needs to concentrate more

But improving a player mentally is much harder then improving him physically or technically..

He does seem to have what it takes to be a good defender, he is strong, good in the air, can tackle, but mentally he is and to be completely honest, an idiot..

If we somehow manage to make him concentrate while playing (Maybe send him to sleep earlier, heard the lad is a night guy) ,we will have one hell of a defender

I've said this many time before, he is thick as fuk.

I bet his IQ is borderline retarded. I'm not trying to be funny or nasty, but you can just tell the lad is missing a brain.

It has to come naturally to him, or not at all. That's why parts of his game are excellent, and have been from day dot, and why other parts just haven't caught up.

I hoped it was case of not telling him once, but 10 times, then i thought maybe he needs telling 100 times, but the reality is it could be 1000 times before it sinks in.

I still think it could, and why i wouldn't be too quick to release for free.

The last throw of the dice is Pearson for me. He was starting to improve, just like all the defenders when Pearson came in, then picked up an injury, so we haven't had the full on Pearson effect on Titus, maybe this guy can crack him, fingers crossed.

Is Rooney intelligent?

No, its all natural, which is great when its that concentrated in one person, and of course an attacking player.

I know what you are saying, i just dont think you need to be bright to stay awake for 90 minutes.

Guest Knightrider

I bet his IQ is borderline retarded. I'm not trying to be funny or nasty, but you can just tell the lad is missing a brain.

It has to come naturally to him, or not at all. That's why parts of his game are excellent, and have been from day dot, and why other parts just haven't caught up.

I hoped it was case of not telling him once, but 10 times, then i thought maybe he needs telling 100 times, but the reality is it could be 1000 times before it sinks in.

The last throw of the dice is Pearson for me. He was starting to improve, just like all the defenders when Pearson came in, then picked up an injury, so we haven't had the full on Pearson effect on Titus, maybe this guy can crack him, fingers crossed.

What gets me is some thick players have forged great careers for themselves over the years. Look at Gazza, thick as whale's spunk, but a fine footballer. They even say the less their head is filled with shite, i.e. the less they think, the more able they are to concentrate on their game and develop. So what is Bramble's problem? Saying it's his IQ just seems to easy an answer for me, not to mention harsh as lets face it, none of us know the man. The way he speaks and his quiet nature doesn't mean he's thick. I reckon it's his attitude to the game, his game and himself. He's the Emile Heskey of defenders.

Is Rooney intelligent?

No, its all natural, which is great when its that concentrated in one person, and of course an attacking player.

I know what you are saying, i just dont think you need to be bright to stay awake for 90 minutes.

There is no link only myth with ADHD & low IQ's is there?

I dont think there is, but maybe he has some form of that.

What gets me is some thick players have forged great careers for themselves over the years. Look at Gazza, thick as whale's spunk, but a fine footballer. They even say the less their head is filled with shite, i.e. the less they think, the more able they are to concentrate on their game and develop. So what is Bramble's problem? Saying it's his IQ just seems to easy an answer for me, not to mention harsh as lets face it, none of us know the man. The way he speaks and his quiet nature doesn't mean he's thick. I reckon it's his attitude to the game, his game and himself. He's the Emile Heskey of defenders.

Completely different though not having to think in Gazza's position, as his game was based on instinct and the things Gazza could do with a football definitely can't be taught, whereas playing at the back you need to be taught drills etc.

i'm from the US and have seen gooch play numerous times.  he really stormed onto the seen over the last year and a half. before late world cup qualifying i hadn't even heard of him, but after watching a few games i always wanted him to be in the squad.  people will talk about his world cup performace, which trust me was not near his best. he's got the ability, awareness, and physicality to compete at this level.  but all ye ne sayers don't start criticizing him after flippin two games. he's 24 i believe but not nearly maxed out on potential yet. in the long run this will be a very good signing and i'm looking forward to seeing him partner taylor at the back. newcastle will again be a stout defense

USA USA

Is Rooney intelligent?

There is no link only myth with ADHD & low IQ's is there?

I dont think there is, but maybe he has some form of that.

Bramble needs Ritalin  :crazy2: