How much do we miss Emre

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think we are missing Emre more than I thought we would, his work rate and the closing down he does are a real miss.

I know alot of you do not see him and Parker working well togethe,r but odes the Parker Butt partnership really work any better ?

His is the spark we have in midfield and when he does drive on he can create chances.

Butt's been superb this season, but today was easily his worst showing of the season.

Whether it be Parker and Butt who makes way, we're definitely missing Emre. He's far from perfect and too inconsistent, but he's the only player we have with any creative spark, and his surging runs from midfield are fantastic when they come off.

Hope this racism thing blows over so we'll only have the injury to worry about.

EDIT: erm, aren't "not at all" and "no different to Butt" pretty much the same thing...?

When he has the ball he can pass it and always can create something more than Butt&Parker

His set piece is crap al season though

And his defending is awful

I hope that next season we dont think for Butt as a leading role in our team

I want to see Giles Barnes or Stephen Appiah here

Said it a million times in reply to those who think hes shit because hes not taking on teams like ManU or Chelsea on his own or having 25 assists to his name - we have no presence, no passing, in central midfield when Emre's not playing.

The rest of our central midfield options are good in their own right, but not one of them has the ability to dictate play like Emre does, nor can any of them maintain possession or spread the play for us like he does.

Vital player, despite his faults, and has been one of our best players this season up until the Blackburn injury. I think were going to miss out big time if we dont try that Emre Butt partnership again, the only partnership since the peak of the Speed/Dyer one under Sir Bobby that truly looked like it clicked, with both players combining well and each compensating for what the other lacks.

We definately need to sign someone, but there are far more important areas we need to worry about before spending 5-6 mill or more on another central midfielder.

Butt's been superb this season, but today was easily his worst showing of the season.

Whether it be Parker and Butt who makes way, we're definitely missing Emre. He's far from perfect and too inconsistent, but he's the only player we have with any creative spark, and his surging runs from midfield are fantastic when they come off.

EDIT: erm, aren't "not at all" and "no different to Butt" pretty much the same thing...?

Butt has been ok this season, I wouldnt say superb, he gives the ball away more than people realise ,if Butt Parker and Emre were all fit I'd have Emre and Parker in there. But then I would tell Parker that he has to be a DM and it dont look like Roeder is gonna do that!

Said it a million times in reply to those who think hes shit because hes not taking on teams like ManU or Chelsea on his own or having 25 assists to his name - we have no presence, no passing, in central midfield when Emre's not playing.

The rest of our central midfield options are good in their own right, but not one of them has the ability to dictate play like Emre does, nor can any of them maintain possession or spread the play for us like he does.

Vital player, despite his faults, and has been one of our best players this season up until the Blackburn injury. I think were going to miss out big time if we dont try that Emre Butt partnership again, the only partnership since the peak of the Speed/Dyer one under Sir Bobby that truly looked like it clicked, with both players combining well and each compensating for what the other lacks.

We definately need to sign someone, but there are far more important areas we need to worry about before spending 5-6 mill or more on another central midfielder.

I would play Dyer centre right with Nobby on the wing, Dyer can rip teams apart late in the game when people are knackered and he's still got loads of stamina.

The biggest problem we've had without Emre is that we give possession away to easily, one thing he done that often went unnoticed was he dropped deep to collect the simple pass from the defence, now he isn't in the team the defence either boot it up field or pass it back to the keeper for him to boot up field! :lol:

A big miss to the team.

it's a choice of parker of last season or butt of this season so far,neither has done it over a sustained period...emre has a bit more going forward but often disappears away from home.

i think Parker was MUCH better last season than Butt is this season!

Butt and Emre. Yes, I think he's quite a big loss. That's not to say he's undroppable, I wouldn't be averse to selling him if I thought our manager could go out and find a suitable replacement, but he's got the greatest amount of attacking intelligence of all our central midfielders and we miss him at this time. Putting aside today's showing, Butt has been fine this season but he's not there to play through-balls. I'm in the anti-Parker camp and don't think he's adequate in any area of the game. Dyer, meanwhile, has been far more productive when played further up the pitch since his return. Emre, therefore, is the man who should be joining both halves of our game together (along with Nobby at right-back and our brilliant new left-back, whoever he may be, but those are other matters...).

The biggest problem we've had without Emre is that we give possession away to easily, one thing he done that often went unnoticed was he dropped deep to collect the simple pass from the defence, now he isn't in the team the defence either boot it up field or pass it back to the keeper for him to boot up field! :lol:

A big miss to the team.

always makes himself available for a pass too, and does the little things like shifting the ball to areas where we have more players, or away from the opposition, rather than putting his foot on the ball, looking up, feigning to pass, spinning round, spinning round again, spinning round one more time, spinning round yet again, pass back to the keeper.

A big miss to the team.

always makes himself available for a pass too, and does the little things like shifting the ball to areas where we have more players, or away from the opposition, rather than putting his foot on the ball, looking up, feigning to pass, spinning round, spinning round again, spinning round one more time, spinning round yet again, pass back to the keeper.

:lol:

A big miss to the team.

:lol:

yes he is creative and that makes a difference. i'll give him that. emre's weak side tho, he doesn't follow up after passing the ball to teammate like gerard does to make a dummy run or finding a space to reclaim the ball. it's kinda of saying "i am done, here you go mate, do your thing. the goal is that -> way" and than, he washes his hands off. i think that's what seperates him from being a creative player and a great player. i don't think he has reached to maturity level yet and years are passing by. what is up with calling prime minister of turkey to complain about racism charges in uk?

I was at the match today and have to say one big reason for us not winning was the performance of Scott Parker.

Butt cleans up most of the balls/players that come through the middle of the park but Parker simply gets in the fucking way.

HE doesn't know what he is. Is an attacking midfielder or a holding midfielder?

Because to be honest, he offerred absolutely dick all today going forward and doesn't need to play any part of the holding role. HE is the reason we're struggling.

Emre, with Butt sweeping up, CAN take off the shackles and bomb on. He's a different player without any defensive responsibilities (i.e: When Butt plays) AND yes we missed him today.

It's no coincidence that we are far more effective with a Butt/Emre partnership.

Seems like it's taking the FA ages to come to a conclusion about the racial matter,

besides I don't think emre is THAT injured tbh, he's faking it a bit until the FA comes with a decision.

We miss him an awful lot! After Martins, Dyer and arguably Given, he is our most important player IMO. We have no cover for him when he's injured. Parker/Butt is a terrible partnership, neither of them offer any creativity and passing is a weakness for both of them!

Guest Ridzuan

I agree that we miss him a lot.He gives us that extra option of going forward.But to be honest,I dont know whether we will see him playing for us again this season.I hope he does.

Seems like it's taking the FA ages to come to a conclusion about the racial matter

Hard to make a decision either way, I'd reckon. One player's word against another.

Can't see how you can find him guilty based on that. No impartial witnesses and apparently conflicting stories, but the FA has to look tough on racism, so they won't want to say he's innocent, either. Maybe they'll try some kind of halfway measure, like censuring him for unprofessional behavior without specifically answering whether it was a racist comment. Either way, it's unsettled him nicely at a time we really could have used him. (I don't believe for a minute that he's actually injured, just being kept out of the spotlight until the FA ruling.)

Butt has been ok this season, I wouldnt say superb, he gives the ball away more than people realise ,if Butt Parker and Emre were all fit I'd have Emre and Parker in there. But then I would tell Parker that he has to be a DM and it dont look like Roeder is gonna do that!

Nowt like ignoring the evidence and there's been plenty of it to show that Emre and Parker is a shite pairing.

Might as well tell Sibierski to score 30 goals a season. He'll try hard, but he won't do it.

Parker doesn't have the ability to be a defensive midfielder, he is unable to read the play so his anticipation is rubbish, he lacks real tackling skills (ie he spends too much time diving in and ending up on his arse) and his passing is terrible. That there is still hype about him gives me hope that we can rid of him in the summer for a decent fee. We won't miss him at all.

Read this post just a bit further up the thread...

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=35842.msg699172#msg699172