Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

He's not as bad as Garth Crooks but he's more widespread, it's kind of like comparing 2 terminal illnesses in that respect.

Nah, he's worse than Crooks. Crooks is just mental. He's just a sad, older, mental cunt.

To use a horrendous analogy...

Crooks'd be like getting stabbed off a drug addict for your wallet when you're walking about, you can understand it is cos he's not in full control of his marbles, just wants a fix. Bright is the snide sort of cunt who copies your card in his bad restaurant and doesn't even need the money, he already has a fully functioning business, he's just robbing you to make you suffer.

Crooks talks less shit than a lot of them. It's mainly his mannerisms (particularly when he goes on a rant, then quickly sits back and pulls a stroppy face) that irritate me.

He's not as bad as Garth Crooks but he's more widespread, it's kind of like comparing 2 terminal illnesses in that respect.

Nah, he's worse than Crooks. Crooks is just mental. He's just a sad, older, mental cunt.

Crooks'd be like getting stabbed off a drug addict for your wallet when you're walking about, you can understand it is cos he's not in full control of his marbles, just wants a fix. Bright is the snide sort of cunt who copies your card in his bad restaurant and doesn't even need the money, he already has a fully functioning business, he's just robbing you to make you suffer.

:lol: Nice, it doesn't change my opinion but it's not far off.

People who think going to ground when being fouled is somehow cheating.

The point is, people go to ground to gain the foul.  When its totally clear to everyone except the ref, the lines men and you  :lol:

I maintain that most players go to ground because the referee will not call it if they stay on their feet. If there is no advantage to be gained from standing upright, and you have an injustice has been performed against you, falling down is the most reasonable course of action, frankly.

Throwing yourself on the deck is trying to win a free kick from nothing.  I could understand if a player was constantly being barged over by his marker or opposit number but thats rarely the case, its right from the first whistle of the game man.

Howay man.  :lol:

Crooks talks less s*** than a lot of them. It's mainly his mannerisms (particularly when he goes on a rant, then quickly sits back and pulls a stroppy face) that irritate me.

Crooks talks total gibberish man :lol:

Crooks talks less s*** than a lot of them. It's mainly his mannerisms (particularly when he goes on a rant, then quickly sits back and pulls a stroppy face) that irritate me.

Crooks talks total gibberish man :lol:

Point still remains. :lol:

People who think going to ground when being fouled is somehow cheating.

The point is, people go to ground to gain the foul.  When its totally clear to everyone except the ref, the lines men and you  :lol:

I maintain that most players go to ground because the referee will not call it if they stay on their feet. If there is no advantage to be gained from standing upright, and you have an injustice has been performed against you, falling down is the most reasonable course of action, frankly.

Throwing yourself on the deck is trying to win a free kick from nothing.  I could understand if a player was constantly being barged over by his marker or opposit number but thats rarely the case, its right from the first whistle of the game man.

Howay man.  :lol:

That's not what he's saying though, he's referring to instances where the player is fouled, but would be unlikely to gain a FK if they chose to 'fight on' and stay upright. They want a FK, they've been fouled, but incompetent officiating consistently fails to recognise these instances unless the player goes to ground.

:lol:

Just seen this. Brilliant.

Guest Roger Kint

I just hate the commentary in general in this country..... i usually just play music over the commentary in most games.

I challenge you to listen to Talkshites live coverage, suddenly Mark Bright is fantastic when compared to the utterly awful Sam Twatterface :lol:

I just hate the commentary in general in this country..... i usually just play music over the commentary in most games.

I challenge you to listen to Talkshites live coverage, suddenly Mark Bright is fantastic when compared to the utterly awful Sam Twatterface :lol:

I have done before i thought like  :suicide: the only commentator i can stand at all is Martin Tyler..... the rest bring nothing at all to the table.

You do wonder how a vast majority of these blokes actually find employment. Are producers really that ignorant as to how twats like Townsend and Bright come across to the general public? It's plainly obvious they don't have a fucking clue what they're doing/saying.

Commentary on radio 5live is fairly decent - particularly like Jimmy Armfield's co-commentary.

Guest Roger Kint

The only bonus of no more 5pm games this tournament having to listen to the first 20 minutes of that appalling wanker while driving home from work

I was at a gig last night and they had the game on while the support bands were on and have to say I enjoyed the game alot more having reggae playing instead of ITV's commentary :)

I wish they would provide a red-button option with no commentary. But that would be to admit their commentators are shite.

The BBC have done this for all their euros games.

I wish they would provide a red-button option with no commentary. But that would be to admit their commentators are shite.

:thup: Thought that was always an option of BBC matches, could just get the crowd?

:thup: Thought that was always an option of BBC matches, could just get the crowd?

Have they? Shit, I've been missing out.