Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

The best football conversations I've ever had are with a Stockport fan and a Swindon fan. You've got to really like football to continue supporting Stockport County. Fair play to the lad.

Yeah, I've had some of the best football chats with lads who support lower-league teams. They can be just as up themselves in their misery though. "Puh, you shouldn't complain being a Newcastle fan, you've got it lucky cos wahh wahh wahh." Er, no, it's all relative, isn't it - we have different things to be pissed off about.

Guest firetotheworks

I work with a Man United fan that knows his stuff outside of Man United. He's still from Killy though, so in footballing terms he's scum.

I work with a Man United fan that knows his stuff outside of Man United. He's still from Killy though, so in footballing terms he's scum.

I asked a ManU-fan last week which of their players he thought surpassed Ben Arfa, not as a footballer on the whole, but the way he brings excitement and hope for that something special every time he has the ball. He thought that was an easy one and right of the bat went; "Kagawa, RVP, Rooney, Nani, Young, Valencia, Chicharito." You can say that discussion became pretty heated, fucking bellend

The Other Games thread and the like...every week.

'Oh, look at team X winning a game after playing in Europe'.

'So jealous of the way team Y play'

Etc

We get it, Pardew's s**** and talks s**** too.

:thup: Enjoy other games for what they are.

Aye that's the point I was raising. I watch other games to try and forget us these days, but every time someone plays it always comes back to Pardew (tactics), Ashley (signings). Keep it to those threads if at all since we hear it constantly.

Find it very tedious :thup:

The answer to that is to ask them to show you to point them to someone that they know that thinks those things. Obviously they'll have some weak link to knowing someone that says those things. People like that are generally easy to beat, but they'll hate you for it, which means they won't talk to you again, or just say things solely to wind you up. In the end you've won. We know that no one thinks those things, it's just about knowing how to trip them up on their thoroughly s*** argument.

Yeah true, I usually go with the "that's only what sky sports news etc portrays us as" but it's probably more useful to question exactly where they have heard that from and like you say give an example of a supporter they know that has those opinions.

Tbh peoples ill informed, want football opinions are massively up there in pet hates for me.

Always got the "hahahahah fat crying geordies when you got relegated" remarks.  Asked them to show me one from TV footage.  They couldn't, other than this one well-used image because very few actually did cry.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45819000/jpg/_45819047_newcastledown512.jpg

Aye, had this a fair bit. Didn't see anyone crying that day, I thought we were great, extremely defiant. What the fuck was that twat in the picture thinking.

:lol: A lass at work was spot on with her NUFC patter when she first started and I was well impressed, she knew the players and the tactics, the problems and the background, she was 10/10 and I thought we'd got a good un. The following week she'd forgotten it all and didn't have a clue. :lol: She gets extra points for revising as far as I'm concerned, I'd never swot up on golf or f***ing cricket to impress anyone. She wangled me a freebie for a match as well, come to think of it. She's still a 9 :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Former players on SSN brought on to talk about their former clubs. Particularly Chelsea, City and to a lesser extent Man Utd players. They'll have Jason Cundy or some obscure Man City player from the late 90's on asking them about the run up to title or the upcoming Champions  league game and "what will be in players heads?"

How the fuck would they know???!! They played for these clubs when they were shit and now the way they go on you'd  think their clubs where challenging at the top during their playin tenure!

Former players on SSN brought on to talk about their former clubs. Particularly Chelsea, City and to a lesser extent Man Utd players. They'll have Jason Cundy or some obscure Man City player from the late 90's on asking them about the run up to title or the upcoming Champions  league game and "what will be in players heads?"

How the fuck would they know???!! They played for these clubs when they were shit and now the way they go on you'd  think their clubs where challenging at the top during their playin tenure!

:lol: true

How the f*** would they know???!! They played for these clubs when they were s*** and now the way they go on you'd  think their clubs where challenging at the top during their playin tenure!

:lol: Absolutely. Although they do provide a service by reminding everyone that they actually were shit not that long ago.

Blatant time-wasting.

Bit of an obvious one but I'm sure it's happening more and more. Get up you cheating cunt, you're not hurt in any way.

Also, linked to this, someone on one team losing the ball and it going out for a throw in, then immediately collects the ball, walks with it for a few seconds, then throws it either really high in the air, or slowly drops it in an inconvenient position for the other team. All, obviously, with the aim to make sure the other team gains no advantage. For blatant cases like that I'd just start giving yellow cards out, it'll decrease it massively. Grinds my gears. They've lost any advantage by giving up the throw-in to the opponent.

Another one:

Teams putting the ball out when an opposition player is down on the ground "injured". Play to the whistle ffs. If it's a serious injury it'll soon become apparent then stick the ball out.

Otherwise, it's up the ref to stop the game.

Another one:

Teams putting the ball out when an opposition player is down on the ground "injured". Play to the whistle ffs. If it's a serious injury it'll soon become apparent then stick the ball out.

Otherwise, it's up the ref to stop the game.

Better than teams putting the ball out deliberately so they can make a sub and expect it back. Happened a few times in the last few months.

This lad at work, 28 years old, has literally just started following football. Got himself a Leeds season ticket this year and goes with his mate, and knows nothing about football. Like f*** all. His whole football life started at the start of this season, and now I'm getting "Good result for you boys at the weekened. Yorkshire, Yorkshire"

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

For a start, you're from Yorkshire, so your opinion on football is already very f***ing questionable before you open your mouth. Then there's the fact you've chosen to support Leeds, 28 years in to your life, and actually talk about them. Any other Leeds supporter I know is wise enough to steer clear of conversation about their shambolic club.

Now obviously with this f***ing game on Wednesday it's all he talks about. I just want to reply with, "You don't have a f***ing clue and it's like keeping a kid entertained talking this utter drivel".

There should be a rule for 'new' football fans. Nee football patter with any normal football fan for at least 2 years. And if you get told to shut up, know your f***ing place and shut up.

:anguish::anguish::anguish:

Even though they lost, it's unbearable. He's been chanting 'Yooorkshire, Yooorkshire, Yooorkishire'

Get me out of this county!!

Blatant time-wasting.

Bit of an obvious one but I'm sure it's happening more and more. Get up you cheating cunt, you're not hurt in any way.

Also, linked to this, someone on one team losing the ball and it going out for a throw in, then immediately collects the ball, walks with it for a few seconds, then throws it either really high in the air, or slowly drops it in an inconvenient position for the other team. All, obviously, with the aim to make sure the other team gains no advantage. For blatant cases like that I'd just start giving yellow cards out, it'll decrease it massively. Grinds my gears. They've lost any advantage by giving up the throw-in to the opponent.

I'm massively with you on all of that, not a lot has me shouting and balling more than that shite.

Usually takes me until about 10 mins before I start losing my rag with the opposition keeper for timewasting if they're at the Gallowgate first half. Jussi and Begovic unsurprisingly are by far the worst.

tbf many opposing fans think Krul is as bad as most for doing that.

Usually takes me until about 10 mins before I start losing my rag with the opposition keeper for timewasting if they're at the Gallowgate first half. Jussi and Begovic unsurprisingly are by far the worst.

tbf many opposing fans think Krul is as bad as most for doing that.

He is, that annoys me as well.

Blatant time-wasting.

Bit of an obvious one but I'm sure it's happening more and more. Get up you cheating c***, you're not hurt in any way.

I'm massively with you on all of that, not a lot has me shouting and balling more than that s****.

seen it a couple of times aswell when they player is injured off the pitch and they still put the ball out and wait for him. bring in rugby rules, if a player goes down injured play carries on.