Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Refs that get in the way of play.

Is it just me or have we seen WAY more of this than usual in this world cup?

I have counted three times when the referees actually collided with PLAYERS not just the ball. A few times where they've made contact with the ball as well, and then countless times when someone is in possession and the referee is smack in the middle of their best passing lane.

Is this normal and I just haven't noticed yet? Or are they just using incredibly shit referees from bullshit leagues because FIFA?

I watched a lot of the premier league last season and never once saw a referee make contact with a player, now in this world cup it looks like their setting up the fucking pick and roll.

Guest firetotheworks

Danny Welbeck. He's f***ing s****.

He's not like. He's not amazing but he's far from shit.

People with no interest in football remarking on England's failures with perverse satisfaction when they know nothing about football other than we lost.

:lol: Got into work today and my colleague was all "so what about Suarez then.. with those two goals?" when she's never mentioned football ever.

People with no interest in football remarking on England's failures with perverse satisfaction when they know nothing about football other than we lost.

:lol: Got into work today and my colleague was all "so what about Suarez then.. with those two goals?" when she's never mentioned football ever.

Been happening a lot here. Everyone knows I'm an England fan, so they all want to start a conversation about it, when I'm still trying not to give a fuck. The last thing I want to do right now is talk about England. I just deflect the conversation to the US. It actually makes me angry - they just don't get how much this shit hurts.

Been happening a lot here. Everyone knows I'm an England fan, so they all want to start a conversation about it, when I'm still trying not to give a fuck. The last thing I want to do right now is talk about England. I just deflect the conversation to the US. It actually makes me angry - they just don't get how much this shit hurts.

:lol: You'd think Cleveland would know that feel.

In attack vs defence games, how forwards for the attackers never seem to gamble at the near post - which is as far as most crosses seem to make it in such congested circumstances

He's not like. He's not amazing but he's far from shit.

What is he then? All I see is a player who couldn't get into a shit Man Utd side and starts every England game despite doing nothing in them except running the ball out of play.

Everything about Shola at this World Cup. From the fact he's actually there, through to it taking him about 12 years to figure out he'd play for Nigeria, to the general way Newcastle fans are going on about him.

I bet 95% of those would be calling him worse than shit if he returned to pre-season here in a few weeks time. He's a footballing fraud.

Peter Nurse ‏@PeterNurse1  Jun 11

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. ‘It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"’ said Jose, age 6.

This joke has been making the rounds constantly the past week, with Spain occasionally inserted for England. Fucking get over it.

The England team visited an orphanage in Brazil today. ‘It's heartbreaking to see their sad little faces with no hope,"’ said Jose, age 6.

This joke has been making the rounds constantly the past week, with Spain occasionally inserted for England. f***ing get over it.

lyk fpr Josh shr if u cryed ignor if u hve know hart lets dr who is brve enuf i no im

Guest firetotheworks

He's not like. He's not amazing but he's far from s***.

What is he then? All I see is a player who couldn't get into a s*** Man Utd side and starts every England game despite doing nothing in them except running the ball out of play.

Off the ball he's very good and he's good at creating space for other players. He should be better at this stage imo but he's not shit like. Last season he was a 1 in 2.5 wing forward (25 league games), which isn't bad for someone that's 23 and apparently can't get into a shit Man United team. Kagawa can't get in the Man United team, Ben Arfa can't get in ours, Mata couldn't get in Chelsea's. The point about him not playing doesn't really tell you anything, especially when their manager's just been sacked.

Not so much a pet hate, but I cannot fucking bare Harry Redknapp, and his most recent comments are the shit-stirry ramblings of someone still desperately bitter about missing the job. He's an attention-seeking, deluded, arrogant arsehole and a totally average manager. That being said, he's still an ambassador for the English game which makes his comments (particularly about 2022) all the more abhorrent. If only they'd picked you, ey gavna'? Even if he is right, it's the likes of him who perpetuate some of the main issues which have caused the English national team to falter over the last decade. I wonder if there is a manager to have signed more foreigners in the history of the Premier League? So much good-for-nothing, mercenary guff, too.

I'm pissed off that he's back in the division next season and I hope he takes that grotty, nothing London club straight back down.

This joke has been making the rounds constantly the past week, with Spain occasionally inserted for England. Fucking get over it.

:lol: That's definitely been around for a good few international tournaments now.

:lol: That's definitely been around for a good few international tournaments now.

I posted it on Facey B 4 years ago, came up on Timehop the other day :lol:

Pure bantz all over

Adverts wear people are wearing plain football shirts pretending to be fans. Really bugs me for some reason.

that shite advert when a fan goes on the pitch and takes a penalty ,think they have dodgy shirts on in that .A chocolate bar ?

Commentators who say 'it hit his hand but it wasn't deliberate'. No-one ever (apart from in Suarez vs Ghana situations) deliberately handles the ball in the box, the ref basically just has to judge whether the player gained an advantage from the handball or if his arm was well away from his body. Yet every time it happens Lee fucking Dixon or some other 'expert' will bleat on about how it wasn't deliberate. It boils my piss