Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

The new one player taking the kick off thing. Absolutely unnecessary change and it looks totally wrong.

Makes sense doesn't it? What's the point in making someone roll the ball an inch forward?

Encourages front foot football ;) Just seemed like a totally unnecessary thing to change. It really hasn't been a problem in the however many years it's been a rule.

• 2 weeks later...

When a team's nickname actively avoids including the definite article.  It may well be just Birmingham that this applies to :lol: but "Blues" instead of "The Blues" makes me wince every time I read it or hear it.  Used to work with a fan who insufferably corrected people every! fucking! time!

When a team's nickname actively avoids including the definite article.  It may well be just Birmingham that this applies to :lol: but "Blues" instead of "The Blues" makes me wince every time I read it or hear it.  Used to work with a fan who insufferably corrected people every! fucking! time!

Don't read this then. :lol: http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/latics-v-newcaastle-match-report-3469211.aspx

"Can anyone find [insert opposition striker]? Or is he still in [insert defender]'s pocket? "

Happens all the time on twitter and forums after big matches or derbies. Since last night I've seen loads of jokes about Lukaku being in Klavan's pocket. I think it's terrible craic (even worse than my jokes)

"Can anyone find [insert opposition striker]? Or is he still in [insert defender]'s pocket? "

Happens all the time on twitter and forums after big matches or derbies. Since last night I've seen loads of jokes about Lukaku being in Klavan's pocket. I think it's terrible craic (even worse than my jokes)

It's funny the first time but quickly gets tedious.