Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I think I've said this one before, but I have never understood it?

"If Real Madrid had done that, we wouldn't stop going on about it."

"If Messi scored a goal like that, everyone would be raving about it."

Real Madrid do world class things on a game by game basis, because they're a great team.  Messi seems to score an amazing goal every other week.  So people rightly talk about them. 

So why when some bloke from Barnsley scores a belter out of the blue, do pundits and fans spout this s****?  Just seen one on twitter about Kane's goal last night, complaining that it isn't getting enough praise.  But if Barca had scored it, you wouldn't stop hearing about it.  f*** off.

Semi-similarly: Our fans commenting on practically every challenge from every other game with the old "If Shelvey/Mitro had done that..."

"Fab Four"

Where has this s*** come from?  f***ing cringeworthy.  Sky will be absolutely dying for Liverpool to rip us to shreds on Sunday so they can say "Fab Four" at every opportunity.

What's this in relation to? I barely pay attention to any media anymore. :lol:

It's what the media have now started calling Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and Salah.  Not sure if the media or Liverpool fans started it but it's canny irritating already.

Maybe more fitting to post it in the unpopular opinion thread, but the word regime.

As soon as owners gets on the wrong foot with fans either through bad results, negligence, incompetence or ill will, they are instantly labeled as a regime.

When someone scores with a nicely placed shot or a thunderbastard from 30 yards but the keeper has managed to get the very ends of his finger tips to it before it goes in.  Then some 2nd rate fuckwit commentator like Tony Gayle or Brian Marwood comes to the conclusion that, "he got a hand to it so he should've saved it"

- Watch it again instead of just copying other commentators you fucking clown. It was quality shot and the keeper actually did well to get anything on it, if anything he was just a bit unlucky.

"Fab Four"

Where has this s*** come from?  f***ing cringeworthy.  Sky will be absolutely dying for Liverpool to rip us to shreds on Sunday so they can say "Fab Four" at every opportunity.

What's this in relation to? I barely pay attention to any media anymore. [emoji38]

It's what the media have now started calling Coutinho, Mane, Firmino and Salah.  Not sure if the media or Liverpool fans started it but it's canny irritating already.

Firmino is such a nothing player man

Don't think anyone will agree with me on this, but since being a kid I always didn't like the term 'unlucky to hit the bar/post', particularly if it was some slap-dash punt and the player didn't even look at the goal first. I'd always thought the player was lucky to even get it that close, considering.

During any European match, 'if that was in the PL it would have been a yellow card' to describe every single foul,  whether or not it was actually worthy of a booking.

Is it not the other way around? Hartson said yesterday in the Arsenal game "they don't like the studs going up in Europe" They don't like that in England either man

I know it's trivial and probably won't affect me directly as a supporter of Big Mike's anti cup FC but it really boils my piss when after cup finals when the tv folk are interviewing (normally the winners) at pitch side and rest of the team are celebrating and 1-2 players are kept to the side to answer fecking idiotic questions (more so than normal "are you glad you won?") then at the end of the pointless interview the interviewer says something like "go and join your team-mates" as if they need their fucking permission or something.

I know it's trivial and probably won't affect me directly as a supporter of Big Mike's anti cup FC but it really boils my p*ss when after cup finals when the tv folk are interviewing (normally the winners) at pitch side and rest of the team are celebrating and 1-2 players are kept to the side to answer fecking idiotic questions (more so than normal "are you glad you won?") then at the end of the pointless interview the interviewer says something like "go and join your team-mates" as if they need their f***ing permission or something.

Good one.  Who was it who swore in one of those interviews a couple of years ago?  Possibly an Arsenal player.  The interviewer wasn't impressed and i remember thinking he shouldn't have kept him there answering shite questions for so long then.

I know it's trivial and probably won't affect me directly as a supporter of Big Mike's anti cup FC but it really boils my p*ss when after cup finals when the tv folk are interviewing (normally the winners) at pitch side and rest of the team are celebrating and 1-2 players are kept to the side to answer fecking idiotic questions (more so than normal "are you glad you won?") then at the end of the pointless interview the interviewer says something like "go and join your team-mates" as if they need their f***ing permission or something.

Good one.  Who was it who swore in one of those interviews a couple of years ago?  Possibly an Arsenal player.  The interviewer wasn't impressed and i remember thinking he shouldn't have kept him there answering shite questions for so long then.

I remember Micah Richards doing that ages ago. He's possibly been superseded now, like :lol:

Good one.  Who was it who swore in one of those interviews a couple of years ago?  Possibly an Arsenal player.  The interviewer wasn't impressed and i remember thinking he shouldn't have kept him there answering s**** questions for so long then.

I remember Micah Richards doing that ages ago. He's possibly been superseded now, like :lol:

It was actually Balotelli i was thinking of, him and Micah Richards both swear in the same interview

about 1:50 into this video

https://youtu.be/W4ifAbFYXKA