Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

I like delicious precisely because it's creepy. Some day someone will describe a ball as succulent as well. It has to happen.

Players going mad at opponents who they think have dived, when they know very well that they have team-mates who would do the same. Only they would be a streetwise professional rather than a cheat.

I thought this about Justin Lockwoods half time bantz about there being some lost property found, a pair of diving swimming trunks with the name Shaqiri written on them. Bit rich after Merinos histrionics last week imo

More than a few pundits, even Rafa himself (probably because everyone in the media keeps telling him we are) talking of the fans now thinking about Europe. Even if it's in jest you know the intent is there to recycle the idea that we have unrealistic expectations.

Happens all the time with us, where the media declares we are thinking, saying, or doing something that is completely wide of the mark, the rest of the country believes it and tops up their 'deluded Geordies' meter.

Obviously ultimately it doesn't matter what others say or think, but it's definitely a bit of a pet hate in football for me!

Guest firetotheworks

Liverpool's stadium announcer. He's got to have the worst most boring voice of all time.

I always imagine him saying 'Thomas wasn't very happy' with his Ringo Starr style drawl.

Fucking glory hunters.

Got caught in a massive hail storm whilst walking to play 5-a-side tonight in Solihull so I sheltered under a bus shelter. Got chatting to a lad who was watching the Man Utd match on his phone. When we got around to discussing which team each of us supported, he said "I used to support Birmingham but they just don't perform any more so now I support Liverpool"

:anguish:

Analysis of matches using big touch screens to manually add arrows and stupid spotlights in the studio when they could have just done it properly before the show, like the rest of the graphics.

Obviously another thing Sky introduced, but now MOTD is making a hash of it too. Needless shite.

Analysis of matches using big touch screens to manually add arrows and stupid spotlights in the studio when they could have just done it properly before the show, like the rest of the graphics.

Obviously another thing Sky introduced, but now MOTD is making a hash of it too. Needless s****.

It was proper amateur stuff on MOTD2 last night. Danny Murphy didn't have a clue what he was doing

Obviously another thing Sky introduced, but now MOTD is making a hash of it too. Needless s****.

It was proper amateur stuff on MOTD2 last night. Danny Murphy didn't have a clue what he was doing

Yeah, but he's describing some pretty complex stuff. Imagine trying to understand his points without detailed visual prompts.

When it's very late in the game and you're chasing a goal, and the opposition keeper comes out and catches it...and then falls on the ball for about 10 seconds before taking an age to release the ball. Only time a keeper ever catches a ball in this way is from the 88th minute onwards while a goal ahead.

When commentators try to be clever and say a foreign players name in a foreign accent.  Like Cazorla in a Spanish accent or Gross in a German accent.  Just say it the way the rest of us British knuckledraggers say it you bellends!

Or if you insist on doing it, i want to see some consistency  - Robert Snodgrass pronounced in a Scottish accent and Aaron Ramsey pronounced in a Welsh accent etc.

Guest firetotheworks

When commentators try to be clever and say a foreign players name in a foreign accent.  Like Cazorla in a Spanish accent or Gross in a German accent.  Just say it the way the rest of us British knuckledraggers say it you bellends!

Or if you insist on doing it, i want to see some consistency  - Robert Snodgrass pronounced in a Scottish accent and Aaron Ramsey pronounced in a Welsh accent etc.

Class!  ;D

Guest firetotheworks

That's a good one, it's poncey as fuck. Again you can apply the Tyldesley Law - if he does it, it's wank.

Peter Drury as well.

Remember when him and Tyldesley used to do the 'John Terry of Chelsea to Rio Ferdinand of Manchester United to Steven Gerrard of Liverpool to Manchester City to Arsenal to Newcastle' :anguish:

I think I've said this one before, but I have never understood it?

"If Real Madrid had done that, we wouldn't stop going on about it."

"If Messi scored a goal like that, everyone would be raving about it."

Real Madrid do world class things on a game by game basis, because they're a great team.  Messi seems to score an amazing goal every other week.  So people rightly talk about them. 

So why when some bloke from Barnsley scores a belter out of the blue, do pundits and fans spout this shite?  Just seen one on twitter about Kane's goal last night, complaining that it isn't getting enough praise.  But if Barca had scored it, you wouldn't stop hearing about it.  Fuck off.