Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

More of an irritant than a hate, but I'm fed up of seeing the huge variation in the estimates of how much a club gains by promotion to the Premiership. It can be anything from £20m to £100m. It's like these figures are plucked from thin air. Can't they agree on a sensible figure?

Aye. The Play-Off Final is the richest game in world football, you know.

Its worth an estimated 90 mil!!!

who done that estimate?

Simples.. Clubs relegated from the Premier League will receive £48m in parachute payments over four years after Football League chairmen today voted in favour of the proposal.... 10th May 2010

Guaranteed TV money... The Premier League will pay out record sums in TV money this season with the bottom club guaranteed at least £37million and the champions earning more than £57million.

Plus added attendance money and £90million is an under-estimate

who done that estimate?

Simples.. Clubs relegated from the Premier League will receive £48m in parachute payments over four years after Football League chairmen today voted in favour of the proposal.... 10th May 2010

Guaranteed TV money... The Premier League will pay out record sums in TV money this season with the bottom club guaranteed at least £37million and the champions earning more than £57million.

How any club struggles is beyond me, thats insane money.

When they have mongs leading the club and paying the likes of Boa Morte and Dyer £70k, not a dig at just West Ham but was the best example i could think of.

Guest Roger Kint

who done that estimate?

Makes you wonder how much WBA makes, constantly yoyo'ing, must make a fortune.

This comes up from time to time. I was under the impression that if you come straight back up the parachute payment is split to the rest of the football league.

who done that estimate?

again Simples... the outgoings are more than the incomings. Most clubs have wages running at >75% of total income. Wooney on reputed £258K a week is £13M +, Yaya Toure on £220K... £11M +, even our tossers on £40K cost £2M a year

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

This comes up from time to time. I was under the impression that if you come straight back up the parachute payment is split to the rest of the football league.

:thup:

"I just don't understand why Newcastle fans boo Owen but not Shearer."

No way. :lol:

That's pitiful, even by Talksport's standards. Not to mention completely illogical.

Jason Cundy.

was this prompted by this week's Ramble by any chance?

That's what I thought.

For people who haven't heard it, Cundy was predicting an easy Chelsea win last weekend, based on the fact that Newcastle are always "pathetic" towards the end of the season.

'Who's going to win this afternoon?'

'Well Chelsea.  Newcastle are pathetic at the end of the season'

'Hated Spurs when I signed for them, hated Spurs when I played for them, and to be honest, I still hate them'

- Cundy at Stamford Bridge before the game last Sunday, according to Jim and Luke on the Football Ramble.

That's pitiful, even by Talksport's standards. Not to mention completely illogical.

That's insane, literally. The man needs to be checked out.

That's insane, literally. The man needs to be checked out.

I find it hard to believe, that he believes a lot of the things he says, on talksport.

I'm sure there is an element of TalkSport people being told to be controversial and get people listening/calling/talking about them.

I know a couple of people they've brought over from 5 Live who used to be quite reasonable.

I'm sure there is an element of TalkSport people being told to be controversial and get people listening/calling/talking about them.

I know a couple of people they've brought over from 5 Live who used to be quite reasonable.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

An element? It's their raison d'etre.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye. I somehow don't think West Brom have come up with an ultimate financial strategy. :lol:

Nobody said they had