Gooch

Dragon55544

Loved this quote;

"I just told him to keep on talking and we would keep on playing. There was a moment when he was complaining I elbowed him in the head.

“So I just responded ‘look at where your head is, I can’t help it if you’re so short you only come up to my elbow.’ He just smiled and said ‘you’ve got a point there’.”"

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=447654&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=Roeder+praise+for+Onyewu

Onyewu, meanwhile, has admitted he enjoyed his battle with Craig Bellamy at the weekend.

Former Newcastle striker Bellamy led the line for Liverpool at St James' Park and fired The Reds ahead, but Onyewu believes the Welshman did not overly enjoy their battle.

"My size and strength are big assets and I don't think Bellamy liked that too much being half my size," said the American.

"He never shuts up. When you come across players like him, you've just got to laugh at them.

"Bellamy is a handful, he's very quick and tries to get into the heads of defenders with his talk.

"From his history I know he's a very good player but, all in all, we handled him well."

;D O0

i like this guy more and more :D :D

If we are going to offer Titus a new deal then Gooch should be signed on a 5 year deal, I like what I see even though you can tell his fitness and sharpness are not 100% there yet, the lad is going to get better and better once he is more used to the league.

He gave Bella's a right old battle and I honestly do not think Terry would have done a better job on Bella's when he is in that kind of form.

I like what I see even though you can tell his fitness and sharpness are not 199% there yet, the lad is going to get better and better once he is more used to the league.

Hes playing extremely well for someone who is only 160% fit.

I like what I see even though you can tell his fitness and sharpness are not 199% there yet, the lad is going to get better and better once he is more used to the league.

Hes playing extremely well for someone who is only 160% fit.

yes hahaha well spotted, fixed it now :D

I was half expecting Bramble to get overly mocked as usual on saturday so when I watched the 90 mins I decided to focus on the 3 CB`s and count each players mistakes. In the first half Taylor made 5 Bramble 2 and Gooch 0 . In the second half Taylor 3 Bramble 2 and Gooch 2.  Nearly all the mistakes were from Bellamy turning them or getting in behind apart from one time Taylor played Bellas onside when the rest had stepped up. 

Considering Taylor played RB , Bramble & Baba back from long injuries and Gooch being new to the prem I thought the defence were good and you could notice the improvement between the 3 who played last week without changing it around to much.  The goal wasn`t even conceeded due to the defence, it was a keeper error.

Guest shaun11177

A bit quiet for my liking-i like centre halves who communicate-perhaps he feels he cant order other players about when he is only on loan.

Value about 2.5-3m.

Its a bit early to decide on whether he's the answer to our defensive problems, but if all the players and staff had a Royal Rumble, my pearl diver would be on the Ham Shank.

Little Charlie Zog would be the first man tossed over the top rope!

Needs to work on his heading, the boy has head like a 50 pence peice. Ball was flying off at all angles, seemed to be better at attacking the ball in the air with a player challenging than when he was unopposed. Seems ok like...reminds me a bit of J.A. Boumsong though - lets hope he doesnt end up like him,

You could tell every time Bellend got the ball he was desperate to have a run at Big Bungle... like he knew how crap he is... luckily it didnt pay off for him, but seriously, every striker in the Prem must fancy their chances when they see they are up against Bungle.

Guest Stephen927

Nothing over-spectacular so far but he's put in some very solid performances in his first two games. If he carries on like this I'd be happy for him to get a permanent deal.

Guest newcastle4life

If Gooch carries on playing like he has should be signed would be a useful part of the squad specialy compared to whats already here.

You could tell every time Bellend got the ball he was desperate to have a run at Big Bungle... like he knew how crap he is... luckily it didnt pay off for him, but seriously, every striker in the Prem must fancy their chances when they see they are up against Bungle.

i'm puzzled, is gooch "Big Bungle"? 

Bellamy is the type of striker that will give Bramble the most trouble. He will chase everything and try to exploit any lapse/mistake.

That said, Bramble did very well on saturday, especially considering the nightmare conditions for a defender. In the second half he won virtually everything.

Guest mishka17

i'm impressed with gooch. even if it's too early to say, i think that he have got a huge chance to get a good contract...especially when moore is going out

• 1 month later...

3 s*** performances in a row, not really looking good for him.

Got caught in possession twice, other than that had a decent game. I'm sure he can cut that out once he gets used to the pace of the Premiership.

Indeed. He's nowhere close to being as sharp as he needs to be and he obviously has a major issue with the pace of the English game.

yeah, he looks a bit slow out of the blocks. how much would the fee be if we dedice to keep him on?