West Ham

GeordieDazzler

ironic after a take over and money pumped in for new players and they are still crap.bet curbs ever saw this coming  ;D

Just like Liverpool today ;)

bloody hell never even thought about that,wonder who rafa will spend his take over war chest on come summer probably more spaniards or in the immortal words of jade goody "portaganese"

Ashton is a top player, imo. Don't know what you mean about his general play? Seems very good to me.

His general play. His control, technique, linkup, passing, vision, dribbling, etc, on a consistent basis. Its often poor.

Similar to Milner. Good player when hes producing something, but general play can be poor, eg in comparison to the likes of Nobby, Dyer etc. Too many players like this and the team will get nowhere near top 4 imo.

Ashton is a top player, imo. Don't know what you mean about his general play? Seems very good to me.

His general play. His control, technique, linkup, passing, vision, dribbling, etc, on a consistent basis. Its often poor.

Similar to Milner. Good player when hes producing something, but general play can be poor, eg in comparison to the likes of Nobby, Dyer etc. Too many players like this and the team will get nowhere near top 4 imo.

Not sure I'd agree with that. His link-up play and vision have both seemed excellent whenever I've seen him.

Guest Kenton Magpie

I cant help but hope they go down, i remember when i was walking around upton park before the game in which we won 2-0 and large numbers of fans where laughing and making remarks such as your going down with roeder mate etc etc.

Good to see that the tables have turned!

Disagree totally. His control, technique and vision are brilliant. His weakness is a lack of pace, but as others have said, linking him with a quick striker could work well. Given that we've already got Oba, I'd sacrifice Owen for him.

the lack of pace is the biggest issue for me, Martins looks a different player with a pacy player alongside him, but i see where tmonkey is coming from. because ashton sees himself as a withdrawn "creative" striker, his linkup, passing, vision, technique, first touch etc should be top class, and Ashton's is only decent. i can't see how anyone can say his control is anything better than average to be brutally honest. he has square feet, opens them up and the ball travels quite far away from him, the best players move the ball into their body with their instep, or use their first touch to anticipate the next move. i think he uses his strength and power to mask his poor first touch and at the top level he simply won't get away with this.

Love to see them go down...esp after that 'brain tumour' chanting down there earlier in the season. Now theyve spent bucket loads of money to buy their safety, i'd love them to go down even more.

They arent down yet (Wigan should get beat tomrrow) but really West Ham should be beating Watford at home if they wonna stay up. Theyve got some tough fixtures (Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal) and also some 6-pointers (Charlton, Wigan)

Disagree totally. His control, technique and vision are brilliant. His weakness is a lack of pace, but as others have said, linking him with a quick striker could work well. Given that we've already got Oba, I'd sacrifice Owen for him.

it is not overated u said all of that about ashton? emm... what he has done before.... at premiership to be cemented into status of very very good player??? i think he is most overhyped player by most of fans.. they way fans think about ashton goes well also on samaras.... between them both i still choose mido

The best part is that Neill has a release clause in his contract if they go down - one can only assume that all their other winter signings do too...

Yossi is a good bet - unheralded but quality (and fits in with our penchant for signing midfielders ;) )

Cue Curbishley's new summer book "How to spend 20 years building a reputation then lose it in a few months" :lol:

Guest Stephen927

I really hope they go down, I don't like them any more after the disgraceful chants at Roeder.

The best laugh of all will be Lucas Neill, turned down Liverpool because West Ham were offering higher wages.