West Ham

GeordieDazzler

You'd think after O'Brien and Bramble you would have learned not to covet defenders from relegation teams.

They're going down for a reason, you know.

They've had Upson for one game. Unless you are referring to Konchesky.

It really looked in the interview that Curbishley had lost belief that West Ham can stay up. I don't think that labelling games as 'must win' particularly helps the players either.

This was the one situation that Curbs didn't really want on his return. I have a feeling they still have time and it will go to the wire. Certainly many good players in the side.

I'd love West Ham to go down. Their fans really did boil my piss with them sick chants they sung towards Roeder. Fair enough it was minority more than the majority, but for them few arseholes alone i hope they go down and stay down. Oh and Ashton would do nicely.

It really looked in the interview that Curbishley had lost belief that West Ham can stay up. I don't think that labelling games as 'must win' particularly helps the players either.

This was the one situation that Curbs didn't really want on his return. I have a feeling they still have time and it will go to the wire. Certainly many good players in the side.

No question there's some good players there, but I can't see where they're going to get the goals from. I think the effort is there now, but I can't see Harewood and Zamora pulling them out.

No question there's some good players there, but I can't see where they're going to get the goals from. I think the effort is there now, but I can't see Harewood and Zamora pulling them out.

Agree strikers not good enough. If only they had got the 'real' Tevez and not this imposter. :laugh:

We played them last week, and I've never seen a team with so many players who clearly could not give a fuck if the team stays up or goes down, they were an absolute disgrace. I actually felt sorry for their fans.

The only one of them who looked even remotely bothered was Reo-Coker, who I'd have at Villa like a shot.

Any team with a manager who chooses Bobby Zamora ahead of Carlos Tevez deserves to go down, tbh.

Guest Knightrider

I rate Ashton highly but he's had one too many injuries now and appears prone to them on a regular basis so on that basis alone I wouldn't sign him, I'd stay away from any injury prone player from now on regardless of their ability unless they come on a free and we put certain clauses in their contracts. Shame though because he's exactly what we need and a smashing player.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Definately:

Dean Ashton - Perfect sigining to make up our 4 -Owen, Martins, Ameobi, Ashton

For the right price:

Nigel Reo Coker - 4m no more

Anton Ferdinand - 3m

Guest Slagter_Palle

Perhaps Tevez can go the entire season without scoring.

Would love it... love it! and then we sign him and he will be an instant PL hit!

Whats the craic with this whole with holding documents business with Tevez?

Are they actually going to get punished for it or is it going to get pushed under the carpet and forgotten about, whilst Emre gets banned for life.

Points deduction would be fantastic.

Guest Bramble OG

Wonder if Curbs/Pardew will get the same hatred Roeder gets if they go down, theres as much quality players wise in this side Tevez,Boa Morte,Ferdinand,Green/Carol,Upson etc

Is this biscuit fella absolutely monied then?

Because if not, surely they've got to have the biggest wage bill of a team ever to be relegated?

Think of all of their players who'll be on £25k+ per week:

Tevez

Mascherano (obviously he's going to be off but their still paying him atm)

Sheringham

Ashton?

Ferdinand

Bowyer

Reo-Coker

Gabbidon?

Harewood?

Cole?

Zamora?

Neill

Upson

Boa Morte

Green?

Davenport

Benayoun

Quashie?

I know Brum would've had a few big earners when they went down but surely no side has ever gone down with such a big wage bill? Magnusson's going to have to subsidise wages to the tune of millions if they drop.

Some of the players will probably have a 'relegation wage drop' in the event the Hammers go, but it's still alot of wonger for them to find before they start to rebuild.

Happy Days.