St James' Park

Delima

Thought more people would be disappointed that Ashley is about to kill the prospect of ever extending the ground stone dead.

Only other option would be to build a new stadium out of town and call it Sports Direct Arena.

Any word on which hotel it'd be? Sure I read something a while back but I can't remember. Assuming someone shit.

No idea, it maybe a speculative build. I'll be going to the event, my main concern is that there is enough room for a Gallowgate expansion in future, if there is then I'm behind proposals to develop thy land. However I'm concerned that so much of it is being used for student accommodation. I hope the finishing quality of it is good, I'm particularly a fan of the business school on the other side of Barrack road.

Frank Leboeuf in The Sun today going on about how quiet the crowds at Chelsea are, saying to get really passionate crowds you need to go to Newcastle of Liverpool.

Obviously hasn't been up here in a while.

Nor Liverpool for a league game.

Any word on which hotel it'd be? Sure I read something a while back but I can't remember. Assuming someone s***.

In the US they build nice full service upscale hotels or luxury hotels near stadiums, including a good mix of high end and fun bars - you get the feeling this is going to be budget as fuck, look terrible as fuck too.

Guest firetotheworks

St James Park always seems like it has a terrible atmosphere until you go somewhere else in the country and realise that despite it being dead, it's still rowdier than most other places.

Would've thought Newcastle is reaching hotel saturation.

Apprently we are still about 10% of room availblilty away from the prime % of availability. I.E. Enough rooms needed for the city but enough free rooms to make room prices competitive.

The shortage is in higher class hotel rooms.

Would've thought Newcastle is reaching hotel saturation.

Apprently we are still about 10% of room availblilty away from the prime % of availability. I.E. Enough rooms needed for the city but enough free rooms to make room prices competitive.

The shortage is in higher class hotel rooms.

They need them in order to bid for things like the UEFA Cup final as well.

New Hampton Inn looks a bit disjointed but I think The Crown Plaza will be pretty swish.

New Motel in The Bigg Market looks classy!!!! And New Premier Inn next to the Gate will become as shite as the one next to my office very very quickly. That one's not been the same since Holiday Inn flogged it and the derelict snooker hall makes it look 50 times worse.