St James' Park

Delima

It's a clever move

Any perspective sponsor would not want the bad publicity of renaming SJP

However

To rename SDA with the adidas arena or the budweiser bowl would be a positive step

(shit names but that's not the point)

Btw this dosnt bother me at all. We need to compete end of!

Compete ffs. My emotional investment in NUFC doesn't start and stop at the fucking transfer window. Happily see another relegation if it got rid of this shithead and we stopped becoming Sports Direct FC.

hope to f*** Rob the DJ keeps some decency and keeps welcoming everyone to St. James' Park in his pre-match ramblings.

Would probably get the boot if he didn't. Still, I'd rather sit on the dole than call it that...

Can you imagine the kind of replacement they'd bring in? It would just be recordings of that wanker on the Sports Direct advert on the telly on loop, with the horiffic jingle every 2 minutes.

There's a huge difference between selling naming rights to a brand new stadium and defacing a name that has nearly a century of history and tradition tied to it.

Not even the Americans would accept something like this.

Imagine this happening in German football? The reaction of the fans would be nothing but fierce protection to their ground and history. Even in Italy, Netherlands....but of course here nowt will be done. We'll moan on internet forums, spell words wrong on bedsheets and almost refuse to believe it. But, in saying that, the position us as fans now have in the football food-chain is somewhere right at the bottom, rotting away. Hence, we have no say or no control in whatever goes on.

I will always love Newcastle United, but I'm rapidly falling out of love with the way football is run (marketed) in this country at the highest level.

The majority of German stadiums are named after brands.  Was 14 out of 18 in the top division in 2007, not sure about now.

AWD-Arena (FKA Niedersachsenstadion)

Bay Arena (FKA Ulrich-Haberland-Stadion )

badenova-Stadion (FKA Dreisamstadion)

Mercedes Benz Arena (FKA Neckarstadion)

RheinEnergieStadion (FKA Müngersdorfer Stadion)

Imtech Arena (FKA AOL Arena, HSH Nordbank Arena, Volksparkstadion)

Signal Iduna Park (FKA Westfalen Stadion)

And those are just stadiums that have been renamed.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=w3bgv.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Anyone know how I could contact these clowns? I have a mutually beneficial task for them.

:lol:

It's a clever move

However

To rename SDA with the adidas arena or the budweiser bowl would be a positive step

(shit names but that's not the point)

Compete ffs. My emotional investment in NUFC doesn't start and stop at the fucking transfer window. Happily see another relegation if it got rid of this shithead and we stopped becoming Sports Direct FC.

Regardless of sentiment, I do think sicko has understood their logic behind this. Still a nasty thing overall, though.

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg615/scaled.php?tn=0&server=615&filename=w3bgv.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Anyone know how I could contact these clowns? I have a mutually beneficial task for them.

:lol:

Desperate times calls for desperate, desperate measures. Fucking hell they'd have more of a clue than Ashley, and they probably can't even fucking talk.

Good job he got all the new cheap arse season ticket holders sorted last week.

Who gives a fuck to be honest. Its his stadium. He can do what the fuck he wants with it. If you don't like it then don't set foot in it. Yes, its a shit thing to do but it wont impact on the 95 minutes I spend there once a fortnight.

wonder what the atmosphere will be like at city now. this is just going to have a negative impact on everything, feel like all the momentum we have is fucking gone now.

i am of the belief though that we just have to ignore it, absolutely fuck all we can do

There's a huge difference between selling naming rights to a brand new stadium and defacing a name that has nearly a century of history and tradition tied to it.

Pretty much every stadium is named bar Fenway, Yankee Stadium, etc. in Baseball....I blv every single NFL stadium is named as well.

I've just come to grips with it over here, but loved how the grounds in football in europe were not named, guess that all comes down slowly.

They invented this, man.

It's a clever move

However

(s*** names but that's not the point)

Compete ffs. My emotional investment in NUFC doesn't start and stop at the f***ing transfer window. Happily see another relegation if it got rid of this shithead and we stopped becoming Sports Direct FC.

Regardless of sentiment, I do think sicko has understood their logic behind this. Still a nasty thing overall, though.

The biggest flaw in this logic is that businesses are so fucking stupid that they need him to do this. "Hmm however could we sponsor a stadium like St James' Park - I wouldn't know where to start..."

Edwards gets a bad press on here but at least that article introduces some actual debate about what the fans think rather than basically being a big fuck off advert like the others.