St James' Park

Delima

So there we have it. The ground name is being sold because the fans are demanding another striker. Is that finally an admission that no more of the Andy Carroll money is going to be spent on players and all £35m has already been reinvested in the club? Those agents fees really must be extortionate....

Let's assume that the £8-10m is an exaggeration and in reality selling this part of the club's heritage will bring in more like £5-7m. Is it worth it? That is not going to help us "compete with the big boys".

At the moment clubs like Stoke City, Fulham and QPR are outspending us, while we plead poverty. That's despite 45K season ticket holders, a significant share of TV money, substantial merchandise income (including three new shirts per year) and the fees banked from other player sales - not just big Andy.

Why are we not already competing with every team in the Premier League except Chelsea, the two Manchester clubs and possibly Arsenal? It can't be put down to massive player wages anymore, unless Alan Smith is still costing us £10m/year....

Like the Carroll transfer fee, a lot of us would accept the economics if we thought the money was going to be used purely for team strengthening but recent history suggests otherwise.

It seems that over four years on, Ashley's lack of due diligence is still being paid for by everyone connected with the club, except those at fault.

:thup:

:thup: .com have got it right imo, this extra sponsorship money will do fuck all man. "More competitive" :hmm:

We can't compete with the big boys so we just give up trying to improve?

Dave is one of the biggest trolls on here, look at his post count ffs and this is a guy that supported Leeds through his early teens.

I met some Barnsley fans years ago while on holiday and went to see Newcastle play Barnsley at Barnsley.  They came in our end have supported Newcastle ever since and now go to more games than I do and they have kids who follow Newcastle.

Dave is one of the biggest trolls on here, look at his post count ffs and this is a guy that supported Leeds through his early teens.

I met some Barnsley fans years ago while on holiday and went to see Newcastle play Barnsley at Barnsley.  They came in our end have supported Newcastle ever since and now go to more games than I do and they have kids who follow Newcastle.

Cool story.

Guest bimpy474

This should be interesting, i'll get the popcorn in........

It's the opposite of interesting, proper hardcore yawn.

Well yes and i'am due a afternoon kip, this may help me along.

The council have said that they will not be putting up new signs around the ground, I hope that they do and I hope they put a massive St James' Park sign in front of the SDA shit that will soon go up on the walls of the ground.

Has the planning permission been mentioned yet? Surely if he has got permission to put "SPORTS DIRECT.COM @ST JAMES PARK" signs up (which were specifically shown in the plans) then he can't replace them without red tape from the planning department? (Genuinely don't know)

The council have said that they will not be putting up new signs around the ground, I hope that they do and I hope they put a massive St James' Park sign in front of the SDA s*** that will soon go up on the walls of the ground.

Aye!

Guest bimpy474

Try this, better than nytol...

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=10709

Nah its more fun/boring to watch people who support the same team, trying to dissect each others degree of support because they go to more games, live closer, used to support another team when they were 4, may or may not agree with the Fat man, are or aren't a Geordie and being dismissed for being a Southerner.

Funny as we all love the same thing.

Has the planning permission been mentioned yet? Surely if he has got permission to put "SPORTS DIRECT.COM @ST JAMES PARK" signs up (which were specifically shown in the plans) then he can't replace them without red tape from the planning department? (Genuinely don't know)

Considering the branding "advice" they sought the actual branding measure they've imposed and timing (just after these have gone up) is appalling.

He'll not get permission for anything now, I think the council will treat him like a disease.

The council have said that they will not be putting up new signs around the ground, I hope that they do and I hope they put a massive St James' Park sign in front of the SDA shit that will soon go up on the walls of the ground.

I think- in my non season ticket opinion, thats what the council should do- put extra new SJP signs up.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=10709

Nah its more fun/boring to watch people who support the same team, trying to dissect each others degree of support because they go to more games, live closer, used to support another team when they were 4, may or may not agree with the Fat man, are or aren't a Geordie and being dismissed for being a Southerner.

I was only joking with you Bimpy man.

I don't get why they bothered putting those up unless the new name was a spur of the moment type thing?

Guest bimpy474

I knew that...........:)

I was entering the world of sarcasm there like :D

He'll not get permission for anything now, I think the council will treat him like a disease.

Would be class if he took all the SJP references down and then couldn't replace them :lol:

backtracking!!! he's backtracking!!!!

:frantic:

Would be class if he took all the SJP references down and then couldn't replace them :lol:

The stadium with no name :lol:

backtracking!!! he's backtracking!!!!

:frantic:

Probably best that you did delete your original post and quote mine as nobody would know what you were on about. O0