St James' Park

Delima

Those big billboards outside SJP are £758 for two weeks of advertising. I would love to try and organise something to go up on one but they appear to be all fully booked for at least the next 12 months.

right o, i think you're right and the deal's already been made.

He's as good as said that anyone interested will get the advertising space Sports Direct currently has.

Unfortunately for us, what he says is worth absolutely nothing.

Why? It's completely reasonable for any new stadium sponsor to have their name plastered everywhere and not Sports Direct.

repeat after me......"there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor........"

there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor, there will be no new stadium sponsor...WHAT?!??!

You get the bedsheets, I'll get the felt tips.

Those big billboards outside SJP are £758 for two weeks of advertising. I would love to try and organise something to go up on one but they appear to be all fully booked for at least the next 12 months.

what about those trucks / vans that have advertising boards stuck on the back ? Could drive one up and down Strawberry Place on match days.

Just a thought, but Ashley doesn't give a s*** what we think so any negative reaction would be like water off a duck's back. Other clubs' owners are too worried to try this because of how it would take down their popularity, though it wouldn't surprise me if over the next year or so, if more clubs follow.

Without the tacky over the top branding obviously.

Ashley does give a shit, that's why the singing section has been thrown out.  He probably thinks that we'll sing a few songs for a game or two then everythign will go back to normal.

right o, i think you're right and the deal's already been made.

He's as good as said that anyone interested will get the advertising space Sports Direct currently has.

Unfortunately for us, what he says is worth absolutely nothing.

Why? It's completely reasonable for any new stadium sponsor to have their name plastered everywhere and not Sports Direct.

I'll tell you what else is reasonable, he's a liar.

Just a thought, but Ashley doesn't give a s*** what we think so any negative reaction would be like water off a duck's back. Other clubs' owners are too worried to try this because of how it would take down their popularity, though it wouldn't surprise me if over the next year or so, if more clubs follow.

Without the tacky over the top branding obviously.

Ashley does give a shit, that's why the singing section has been thrown out.  He probably thinks that we'll sing a few songs for a game or two then everythign will go back to normal.

Or they could have sat down.

Guest bimpy474

Where's that quote from the KK case where they admitted lying to the fans?

As a PR excerise they reckoned  :idiot2:

Where's that quote from the KK case where they admitted lying to the fans?

You mean when they said they agreed with Keegan that he was in charge of signing players in public as not to be seen as causing unrest?

Is that any different from Keegan lying to the fans when he said he was on good terms with Wise when he told the tribunal they were not getting on?

People lie to keep any problems in house, it happens.

Why are people trying to sincerely debate with Baggio? :lol:

He's a genuine bootlicker who supports Ashley and Lambias first and foremost. It's a bit cultish really.

Been on here since May and has 51 posts...

I smell and alt account.

In fact didn't Bobby Robson lie to the fans to protect Kieron Dyer? When he came out and told us that he didn't refuse to play out wide before coming out later sand admitting that was wrong?

Good old Bobby.

Thats management of a player. Ashley lied to the fans who signed up to 3 year season tickets about Keegan making the decisions, Dennis Wise lied to the fans about his role, and lied to Keegan one minute claiming he had a "great player" for him and the next minute admitting he'd never actually seen him play. "But you going to have him anyway" too.  The situation with Ashley & his mates is a little more serious, surley.

In fact didn't Bobby Robson lie to the fans to protect Kieron Dyer? When he came out and told us that he didn't refuse to play out wide before coming out later sand admitting that was wrong?

Good old Bobby.

Thats management of a player. Ashley lied to the fans who signed up to 3 year season tickets about Keegan making the decisions, Dennis Wise lied to the fans about his role, and lied to Keegan one minute claiming he had a "great player" for him and the next minute admitting he'd never actually seen him play. "But you going to have him anyway" too.  The situation with Ashley & his mates is a little more serious, surley.

Both lied to not draw any unwanted attention to the club, put it this way if Ashley and came out after Keegan had said he had full control over transfers and said that wasn't the case then how do you think that would have gone down?

The same goes for Keegan when he said he was getting on well with Wise which was a lie as he told the tribunal that their relationship was strained, now how much attention would it have brought on the club if Keegan had came out at the time and said he didn't get on with Wise rather than lying about it?

What about when Hughton lied to the fans when he said he was still looking for an assistant only to come out when he left saying he wasn't allowed to replace Calderwood? How would it have gone down if he said that at the time?

People say stuff to keep things in house, it's always happened and always will.

Good old Bobby.

Both lied to not draw any unwanted attention to the club, put it this way if Ashley and came out after Keegan had said he had full control over transfers and said that wasn't the case then how do you think that would have gone down?

The same goes for Keegan when he said he was getting on well with Wise which was a lie as he told the tribunal that their relationship was strained, now how much attention would it have brought on the club if Keegan had came out at the time and said he didn't get on with Wise rather than lying about it?

What about when Hughton lied to the fans when he said he was still looking for an assistant only to come out when he left saying he wasn't allowed to replace Calderwood? How would it have gone down if he said that at the time?

I agree with your sentiment. Keegan says he was told he'd make final decisions verbally, Ashley denies that. I just think Ashley & co didnt really lie to 'keep the peace', but lied as a more pure deception, it was fairly emphatic when he answered the questions about Keegan in that Nufc magazine. And that Dennis Wise Gonzalez situation was as blatent as you can get.

Good old Bobby.

I agree with your sentiment. Keegan says he was told he'd make final decisions verbally, Ashley denies that. I just think Ashley & co didnt really lie to 'keep the peace', but lied as a more pure deception, it was fairly emphatic when he answered the questions about Keegan in that Nufc magazine. And that Dennis Wise Gonzalez situation was as blatent as you can get.

It was never just about Nacho though, news was being drip fed by someone for months before that that Keegan wasn't in charge of transfers and at one point he said off the record he was "just the coach" or words similar to that.

The point is though that what you say in public isn't always what's happening behind the scenes, people say things to protect the club and I don't see what Ashley did as different from any of the examples that I've given.

He's a genuine bootlicker who supports Ashley and Lambias first and foremost. It's a bit cultish really.

I smell and alt account.

Looks up profiles.

I smell paranoia.

Baggio are you actually Derek? Or just try to answer as he would and put a picture of him as your avatar? Fair play if you like the man. Derek would then have two friends :)

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/s320x320/254616_259298007415574_229984367013605_1060349_6815212_n.jpg

I smell and alt account.

Looks up profiles.

I smell paranoia.

Not really, you get familiar with names and avatars so when someone you've never noticed before insults you you do wonder who he is.