St James' Park

Delima

Guest chopey

The spare seats around me in level 7 are all season ticket holders that only attend the odd games, so they couldn't sell the seats to members anyway.

I'm aware that the seats are already sold I just find it strange that so many people, all from the same section of the ground only decide the turn up to the odd game (Gallowgate, Leazes, East Stand is always packed).

I mean why buy a season ticket when you don't plan on going.

Probably just junior seats, cost about £60 a season.

The spare seats around me in level 7 are all season ticket holders that only attend the odd games, so they couldn't sell the seats to members anyway.

I'm aware that the seats are already sold I just find it strange that so many people, all from the same section of the ground only decide the turn up to the odd game (Gallowgate, Leazes, East Stand is always packed).

Just a shame that there's people buying them with no intention of turning up when there's a waiting list for that particular area. With the turnstiles being computerised they know exactly which season tickets are not being used and anyone buying and never showing up should have their ticket cancelled and released back on sale to a supporter who would actually use it.

Guest chopey

Just a shame that there's people buying them with no intention of turning up when there's a waiting list for that particular area. With the turnstiles being computerised they know exactly which season tickets are not being used and anyone buying and never showing up should have their ticket cancelled and released back on sale to a supporter who would actually use it.

Totally agree

• 4 weeks later...

I was at Anfield last night for a work do (in the executive areas obviously, but this point is meant more generally; outside, around the stadium, on the approach to the turnstiles etc etc) and I have to say, the difference in how their ground is presented compared to SJP is absolutely fucking embarrassing. Everything is really clean, well touched up and just spot on. It feels like a top quality place for the people that go there, be it for work or pleasure.

Liverpool make lots more money than NUFC for a number of reasons - most notably Champions League football - but we look like a League One club by comparison. Because we're run like a League One club. Considering how much money every Premier League club generates, there's just no excuse for it.

Yup.

It's even more annoying when you consider that 10-15 years ago, Anfield was actually in a bit of a state. It was the same going to City in January and seeing how much their ground has improved since 2010 (last time I was there).

We must be the only club in English football that is allowing its facilities to deteriorate rather than spending to improve them.

The exterior of the stadium needs a clean up badly. It looks especially bad among the modern buildings around it too. There really is no excuse for not giving the place a face lift.

Guest Howaythetoon

The exterior of the stadium needs a clean up badly. It looks especially bad among the modern buildings around it too. There really is no excuse for not giving the place a face lift.

Inside and out needs modernising.

Guest Howaythetoon

I was at Anfield last night for a work do (in the executive areas obviously, but this point is meant more generally; outside, around the stadium, on the approach to the turnstiles etc etc) and I have to say, the difference in how their ground is presented compared to SJP is absolutely fucking embarrassing. Everything is really clean, well touched up and just spot on. It feels like a top quality place for the people that go there, be it for work or pleasure.

Liverpool make lots more money than NUFC for a number of reasons - most notably Champions League football - but we look like a League One club by comparison. Because we're run like a League One club. Considering how much money every Premier League club generates, there's just no excuse for it.

It’s shameful, there are Championship clubs who have a cleaner stadium and better facilities.

It would be interesting to compare a cleaning staff v crowd ratio against other clubs. I'm sure we'd be third division!  All part of the efficiency drive.

Not really relevant but I wish they would play New Radicals - Get What You Give before matches again, love it and it reminds me of NUFC every time I hear it.

This, I love that song and it was played on Metro Radio in the build up to 99 FA Cup Final with commentary of goals spliced onto the song. Happy days despite the final outcome.

don't suppose anyone knows where I might find this? Just came into my head now. Had a quick look around net to no avail

Not really relevant but I wish they would play New Radicals - Get What You Give before matches again, love it and it reminds me of NUFC every time I hear it.

This, I love that song and it was played on Metro Radio in the build up to 99 FA Cup Final with commentary of goals spliced onto the song. Happy days despite the final outcome.

don't suppose anyone knows where I might find this? Just came into my head now. Had a quick look around net to no avail

That cup final version was brilliant. Loved it.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

There should be some kind of restricted covenant put in place that makes it illegal for the club to play any other songs than Blitzkrieg Bop followed by Local Hero when the players are in the tunnel/walking out/on the pitch immediately pre-kick off

There should be some kind of restricted covenant put in place that makes it illegal for the club to play any other songs than Blitzkrieg Bop followed by Local Hero when the players are in the tunnel/walking out/on the pitch immediately pre-kick off

Not forgetting Jarrow song by Alan Price