St James' Park

Delima

I quite like the loo sided look tbf, though if we need to expand we shouldn’t let that prevent us from doing so

There is not a chance that the Gallowgate can be extended with those office blocks across the road.

Personally I hate the lopsided look of SJP. It just looks a mish-mash to me.

I quite like the loo sided look tbf, though if we need to expand we shouldn’t let that prevent us from doing so

I think it adds to its dominance of the city skyline. It almost looks like it's climbing the hill.

We should double their money and buy it back.

Without a doubt. We need that land to extend level 7 to the Gallowgate end and the carpark land to be made into a fanzone.

I know we as fans are pretty much protested-out but fans groups should be making noises to get this reversed.

Reading that article is boiling my piss. Claiming the development will "improve the match-day experience". Fucking wankers and it sounds like a final "fuck you" from Ashley.

"Ashley Towers" right outside SJP forever. Fucking horrendous.

Guest chopey

I imagine the council would be quick to approve the Castle Leazers plans now that they have fucked over the St James expansion

I imagine the council would be quick to approve the Castle Leazers plans now that they have fucked over the St James expansion

I still can’t believe they went through with it. NCC are fucking useless

Takeover or not, looks like any hope of extending Level 7 to the Gallowgate are over. I really hoped that the new owners would reverse this.  :sad:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/strawberry-place-newcastle-united-takeover-18146987

We aren't getting a new stadium any time soon so SJP is forever to look lopsided and unfinished.

Don't believe everything you read in the papers.

It will still be possible to extend the Gallowgate if this goes ahead- it will be more complex and more expensive but still possible. There are other big issues at play here as well in terms of metro tunnels and Strawberry Place itself.

The transfer of the leasehold also hasn't happened yet - due to happen very soon but not there yet.

Guest neesy111

Could we build a very temporary stadium on the Town Moor or Leazes Park with scaffold like stands for a year or two whilst St James is demolished and reconfigured on the current site?

No.

It will still be possible to extend the Gallowgate if this goes ahead- it will be more complex and more expensive but still possible. There are other big issues at play here as well in terms of metro tunnels and Strawberry Place itself.

The transfer of the leasehold also hasn't happened yet - due to happen very soon but not there yet.

Nah, with Ashley Towers in place there is no way that Level 7 can be extended into a horseshoe like the image below. There simply would be no room to do it. And if your talking about some half-arsed expansion to gain a few thousand extra seats that would be pointless. And it still would do nothing for the overall look of the stadium as the Gallowgate would have a completely different roof to the other 3 sides of the ground.

That entire land behind the Gallowgate is needed to complete the level 7 stand, and allow for a fan-zone and/or new club shop etc.

http://i.imgur.com/mbxzmu3.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/ljiKPBh.jpg

think a new gorund will be way down the list of priorities personally - how long has abramovich owned chelsea and they still haven't got their plans off the ground

revamp all the corporate shit to rake in more money and a few years down the line if we're hot shit then get the stadium done

Guest neesy111

I would wait and see, so many potential developments will be getting canned eventually once the economic picture looks clearer.

Another ugly generic shit building going up in Newcastle...

It looks like something that needs knocking down as a failed social experiment from the 70s.

It won’t go ahead imo, or if it does it’ll be moved back. New owners simply won’t let it stand in their way.

Whatever it is to be, NUFC fans will hate it, therefore the customer and trade they’ll expect on match day will be nonexistent.

What they need to do is look at incorporating a building on that side into the foundations of a new stand with a tunnel over the road. Shops, etc inside.

Nah, with Ashley Towers in place there is no way that Level 7 can be extended into a horseshoe like the image below. There simply would be no room to do it. And if your talking about some half-arsed expansion to gain a few thousand extra seats that would be pointless. And it still would do nothing for the overall look of the stadium as the Gallowgate would have a completely different roof to the other 3 sides of the ground.

That entire land behind the Gallowgate is needed to complete the level 7 stand, and allow for a fan-zone and/or new club shop etc.

http://i.imgur.com/mbxzmu3.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/ljiKPBh.jpg

You are wrong. Preferable to make use of that land but but not a necessity to extend the Gallowgate.