St James' Park

Delima

Oh definitely, I haven’t been keeping up with the progress of safe standing. Is there a serious prospect of PL clubs using it?

Many clubs have it already installed. Spurs, Wolves etc. On same one seat one person capacity at the moment. Still some way away from what we see on the continent.

Can these blokes not just turn the whole ground into the platinum club?

Cushy chairs for everyone!

Arsenal have that, guess it's what contributes to the sleepy atmosphere.

New Spurs stadium has nice seats but very little width so everyone is still packed in.

My preferred route would be something like Greg[/member] mentioned above - 1) buy the strawberry place land or enter into a lease with the new owner of the land and pay them rent and 2) expand gallowgate end 3) total renovation of the interior/exterior of the stadium to modernize and take it to the next level; 4) create more premium seating to drive additional revenue within the current stadium

My secondary idea would be to develop on the site that SJH wanted to create the new stadium on and build something brilliant - hopefully with an "ode" to SJP in design

you don't want to add capacity for the sake of it - but think getting to 60-70k (max) is the right idea if possible. More-over do we think we need to basically re-do the seating, add additional premium options etc and enhance the concourses etc to be able to justify charging more for seats? or is this someone that raising the prices will hurt the capacity?

The owners will have seen many different stadiums, sporting venues around the world and they would probably saying we want to have something like that. Look at how they modernise the sporting venues in the Middle East like how they make the F1 a spectacle over there. Look at Qatar hosting the Club World Cup last year. They will want to show their prowess to the world soon.

Yep - extend the Gallowgate and add 8-10,000 seats and refurb the stadium.  60-62,000 would be enough. 62,000 would be pretty much the second biggest stadium behind Old Trafford.

exactly, we don't need more than that we need to improve corporate and general quality facilities in the ground to maximise that revenue

Spurs have a club shop that's absolutely gigantic, must have about 100 staff on match day. People spending hundreds of pounds at a time, it's crazy.

I went to the LFC one last year on a non-match day. It was fucking packed with a line to pay that took about 20 minutes even though they had 10+ registers open. Compare to the one time i've been in our club shop and seeing some generic shit with a badge on it, just really sad.

Guest neesy111

Can we do literally nothing with the East Stand ?

Potentially yes not in terms of extending it back but probably modernising it.

Can we do literally nothing with the East Stand ?

Maybe it could be extended vertically, would be a challenge but Leazes Tce means it's the only realistic option. It's a long shot, the only other example of another club to do this that comes to mind is Boca Junior's ground

LaBomboneraCrop.jpg