St James' Park

Delima

On 06/08/2022 at 14:38, ianovthetoon said:

At the Keegan talk in last night he reckons we will move away from SJP eventually 

A very good friend of mine ITK tipped the ministry site in Longbenton as our future home .

Just now, GWN said:

He said the site is big enough to hold the lot and owned by ……The Ruebans

Interesting. 

Did he say we are seriously looking at building a new stadium there?

I still can’t see us moving though. Also hope we don’t. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Interesting. 

Did he say we are seriously looking at building a new stadium there?

I still can’t see us moving though. Also hope we don’t. 

Dunno mate but it is a massive site if you know the area you could probably get quite a lot on there . Just the transport links would make it ball ache for many . Personally don’t think we will move if at all for many a year . I don’t envisage an NUFC out of the city centre, ever .

However the training ground idea together with womens footy stadium is a more likely bet mate . 

Just now, GWN said:

i agree , a new training ground there makes more sense .

Aye, training ground would make sense with it being just up the road from where they are now.

Imagine the South Gosforth roundabouts at half 2 if there was a stadium there. :lol: The infrastructure around there could never handle it like, it's already held together with spit and string around there as it is.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

Dunno mate but it is a massive site if you know the area you could probably get quite a lot on there . Just the transport links would make it ball ache for many . Personally don’t think we will move if at all for many a year . I don’t envisage an NUFC out of the city centre, ever .

However the training ground idea together with womens footy stadium is a more likely bet mate . 

South Gossie roundabout is bad enough as it is. But I don't doubt they've taken such things into consideration. If this happens one would assume it would include a solution to that problem. Could all be part of investing in the city.

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Would be gutted if the ground was there. Fuck all nearby, the match day experience would be shite.

The city centre on match days is unreal. 

True that . Be soulless as fuck

Really don't think we need to move anytime soon like

Edited by jack j

13 hours ago, GWN said:

A very good friend of mine ITK tipped the ministry site in Longbenton as our future home .

Transport links/nearby facilities are nowhere near good/plentiful enough.

Just reading all the comments from Forest fans over the weekend; "best away trip ever", "drinking with home fans in all the bars in the city centre", "Incredible atmosphere", "proper football city", that's just some of many of them I've read.

We'd lose all of that if we moved to an out of town site somewhere and a big part of it if we left SJP. Get the capacity up to 60k and leave it at that.

49 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Just reading all the comments from Forest fans over the weekend; "best away trip ever", "drinking with home fans in all the bars in the city centre", "Incredible atmosphere", "proper football city", that's just some of many of them I've read.

We'd lose all of that if we moved to an out of town site somewhere and a big part of it if we left SJP. Get the capacity up to 60k and leave it at that.

im happy with the capacity the way it is , great if we can get more but 100% leave it where it is , life just wouldn’t be the same in Newcastle if we moved . 

50 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Also I think a max of 65k is more than enough, we’d struggle to fill a much larger capacity stadium IMO.

nah, who’d have thought West Ham would fill 62k 10 years ago , we’d fill it no problem as long as we were in the top flight . 

2 minutes ago, GWN said:

nah, who’d have thought West Ham would fill 62k 10 years ago , we’d fill it no problem as long as we were in the top flight . 

And they fill it in that horror show of a stadium