St James' Park: "NEWCASTLE UNITED" lettering on East Stand roof being replaced (Official)

Delima

I imagine any plans for either SJP or a new stadium also rest on what happens with Euro 2028. Still about 6 years away but would the club risk expansion at SJP if there’s a chance it can’t be done by then? 

1 hour ago, Mr Pups said:

As I've said before Newcastle United are an investment for the PIF. If they were here just to throw 50 billion quid about, they wouldn't be looking for all these extra revenue streams and sponsorship.

Those extra revenue streams and sponsorship are needed to allow them to spend their money, due to FFP. Under current rules and current deals for the club, they simply cannot throw money at us. 

44 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I imagine any plans for either SJP or a new stadium also rest on what happens with Euro 2028. Still about 6 years away but would the club risk expansion at SJP if there’s a chance it can’t be done by then? 

I think that's a good question. But there's probably on a couple of people who could answer that 

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

Those extra revenue streams and sponsorship are needed to allow them to spend their money, due to FFP. Under current rules and current deals for the club, they simply cannot throw money at us. 

very true. I think there's still some grey area whether FFP applies to ground expansion/new stadiums (has the rules changed recently??). either way I doubt there is a 400m pot to develop the ground at this moment in time 

24 minutes ago, Mr Pups said:

very true. I think there's still some grey area whether FFP applies to ground expansion/new stadiums (has the rules changed recently??). either way I doubt there is a 400m pot to develop the ground at this moment in time 

Not sure how ffp could apply to a ground when other facilities are not.

1 hour ago, Mr Pups said:

46 minutes ago, Slim said:

Not sure how ffp could apply to a ground when other facilities are not.

I think the proposed new FFP regs state that clubs will only be able to spend up to 70% of income on ‘football related’ activities. This therefore covers infrastructure also. If the proposals are accepted, there will be a leeway for the first three years (first year 90%, dropping to the 70% after the third year). The proposals haven’t yet been accepted as far as I know. However, if we are to be rebuilding, it’s clear that we either need to begin fairly quickly in order to come within the current regs, and also need to massively increase revenue (which it seems we are doing). 

3 hours ago, Mr Pups said:

I mean that's the sensible outlook but you'd probably be better off putting.....

1. Smash Leazes terrace to pieces, tell the people that live there to clear off if they aren't killed in the destruction. If the council are upset, tell them to fuck off. 

2. Dig a tunnel to Beamish underneath Shearers bar.

3. knock down the Milburn and Leazes and import 256 shipping containers 

4. Play at Gateshead and sit on a shipping container or bring a chair

5. Build a stadium at the Race course JUST for horses. 89999 horse capacity. Bring a small horse and you can sit in Level 7.5 (if your a horse) 

6. Rebuild Leazes terrace at Beamish

7. Build a new state of the art 190000 capacity stadium at Beamish and set up a fanzone at Leazes terrace and sell SJP land to buy Neymar

Fuck that I live next to Beamish and I don't want extra traffic on the roads, I pulled up to the roundabout near there yesterday and I bet there were 8 cars in front of me, I was trapped for a good minute waiting to pull out, I don't want that sort of traffic chaos on a bi weekly basis.

Even if they make it apart of FFP workarounds are easy. 

First one that comes to Mind is selling the stadium to an offshore based entity (no corporate transparency in say the BVI)for an inflated amount who then renovate the stadium themselves. 

So from an FFP point of view we would actually benefit as the “sale” proceeds would be revenue. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Cant we groundshare with Sunderland for a year?....

Can't tell what would be greater.....the fewm for actually filling their ground, or the piss taking that we had to ask them for a favour.

Probably the former.

Saw this on toontastic and I think it's a pretty accurate idea of how SJP will look if extended, when it comes to tackling the East Stand problem. An upper tier that heavily overhangs the lower tier, although the rake will probably need to be steeper than this shown here.

utBgqLg.png

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

Can't tell what would be greater.....the fewm for actually filling their ground, or the piss taking that we had to ask them for a favour.

Probably the former.

You just know that it’d be us getting the blame from the MLFs for shitting on the seats and throwing empty crisp packets onto the pitch…

53 minutes ago, Rich said:

Massive LED board to fill that gap that can pivot upwards when not in use to allow light through. Job's a good 'un.

Led board with BeOutQ beaming other 3p games on at same time 

3 hours ago, Wandy said:

Saw this on toontastic and I think it's a pretty accurate idea of how SJP will look if extended, when it comes to tackling the East Stand problem. An upper tier that heavily overhangs the lower tier, although the rake will probably need to be steeper than this shown here.

utBgqLg.png

I love that like! Not too dissimilar to the San Siro with 3, 3 tiered stands and a 2 tiered stand down one side. Would take capacity to over 65k as well.

42 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

A massive fuck off LED screen would be beautiful, not just some shite in the corner that a lot of the stadium can’t even see

There was a load of scaffolding on the outside of the stand where the screen is last time I was round that way.