St James' Park

Delima

5 hours ago, Orphanage said:

Well , we will see in the next five years or so but dont be too shocked if it doesnt happen ( ground extension )

We will know within 12 months when feasibility study is complete…

And my money is on will build a new stadium near current site. Ready for 25/26 earliest but more likely 26/27. 

Anyone who’s got a problem with that has probably got a good seat/ST so I would pose to them would you rather have a ST in the new ground most likely a equal or better seat or do you want to remain at SJP and relinquish your ST for those who can’t get in regularly currently ?

Feel free to bookmark ?

3 minutes ago, LFEE said:

And my money is on will build a new stadium near current site. Ready for 25/26 earliest but more likely 26/27. 

Anyone who’s got a problem with that has probably got a good seat/ST so I would pose to them would you rather have a ST in the new ground most likely a equal or better seat or do you want to remain at SJP and relinquish your ST for those who can’t get in regularly currently ?

Feel free to bookmark ?

Lol will do . Would love a new stadium on Castle Leazes too but cant see them wanting to spunk a few hundred million on it . 

I've a seat in SJP in one of the so-called "posh" sections so am one of lucky ones I guess. I'd be in favour of a new stadium, purely so as to allow access to those who are locked out. It's a generational opportunity in more ways than one. I adore SJP but we need to get the younger generations in.

10 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Feel free to bookmark ?

Fancy a bet?

35 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Feel free to bookmark ?

If there is to be a new stadium - zero chance it is ready to move into in less than 36 months let alone in under 24 months.

More like 2028/29 at the very earliest.

Just now, Mikky said:

For someone not from Newcastle - how far is the Arena to SJP and can a large ground be built on that site? 

About 10mins walk but the land already has plans drawn up for it. These could change obvs.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

About 10mins walk but the land already has plans drawn up for it. These could change obvs.

You must walk at a canny lick! ?

You’re right about it already having plans drawn up though.

1 hour ago, Orphanage said:

Lol will do . Would love a new stadium on Castle Leazes too but cant see them wanting to spunk a few hundred million on it . 

A new stadium for us will easily be closer to a billion dollars ala Spurs stadium, I’d imagine. They won’t spare any expense if that’s the route they go. 

edit: I also just looked up the newest football stadium in America, SoFi Stadium and that cost 5.5 billion. :lol: 

So yeah a new one for us is going to run at least one bill easily. 

Edited by cubaricho

What has given you the impression that the Saudi's would be reluctant to spend money? The $400m painting? The £1tn sideways skyscraper in the middle of the desert?

56 minutes ago, madras said:

I think the planning permission is due to lapse soon.

In saying that, until they start developing it, it would likely be available for fee, just like the Strawberry land.

You would need to develop the whole area around it though, because it is fucking grim around all those garages.

Edited by Stifler

50 minutes ago, Orphanage said:

Why would they need to ? Why spunk several hundred million on us if its not imperative as a way of us winning cups , leagues etc ? 

Well the football argument is that rebuilding the stadium is a way to channel non-FFP funds into the club (by investing in "infrastructure") which can then create FFP income (via matchday, corporate and sponsorship income).

The "sportswashing" argument is essentially "We're Saudi Arabia, look what we can do". 

Why would they need to ? Why spunk several hundred million on us if its not imperative as a way of us winning cups , leagues etc ? 

Because image is very important to them and they shit money. 

2 hours ago, Orphanage said:

We need a poll : Will St James Park be extended via 

A. East stand 

B . Gallowgate 

C . Both 

D. Not at all

E. New Stadium 

C. I reckon they want a double tier on the east stand with a gap between the two tiers (light for cunts)  and the upper tier to integrate into a new upper gallowgate. 

But they probably want to know what possibilities there are with the east stand because it impacts the gallowgate new build 

A new stadium is most likely IMO. The Saudis aren’t here to mess around. Giving us a stadium as good as any in the league would a long way to cementing us amongst the elite. They’ll be playing it cautious because they know fans are attached the SJP and they’ll need the council on board with any plans.