St James' Park

Delima

How long do some people still have on the long-term season ticket deals and what is the price difference between those and current prices? Curious re: discussions around matchday revenue.

5 hours ago, ennyoueffsea said:

Just seen this in the latest edition of Groundtastic. Nee mention of the terrace with St James Street though.

Screenshot 2024-01-10 173048.png

What a load of cobblers.

IF moving Leazes Terrace brick by brick WAS feasible (and I'm inclined to agree with @TheBrownBottle that it isn't and wouldn't be allowed anyway), then the potential  increase would be way over 13,000 additional seats.

More like potentially a 75,000 capacity.

Edited by bigfella

14 hours ago, bigfella said:

What a load of cobblers.

IF moving Leazes Terrace brick by brick WAS feasible (and I'm inclined to agree with @TheBrownBottle that it isn't and wouldn't be allowed anyway), then the potential  increase would be way over 13,000 additional seats.

More like potentially a 75,000 capacity.

That's what I was thinking, if the stand mirrored the Millburn with no dugout, press box and heavy corporate, you'd be talking a monumental increase in capacity

This brick by brick shite is bollocks, the only option would be demolition and that's not going to happen 

I've just got onto a bus at Haymarket for the first time in about 30 years. Hearing Local Hero and the roar at the end of it is enough to make me think they really can't move more than 250 metres or so :lol: arena site is city centre the same way Sunderland's stadium is. Can hear the crowd through noise cancelling headphones from here.

Edited by OpenC

Interesting video on Buffalo’s new stadium and what’s gone into it. Think Populous who the club are using are involved and they’ve taken quite a bit from Spuds new stadium when designing it.

Also being built right next to their current stadium, it’s all about the fan experience and sight lines in new stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJxJdICI1I

9 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Interesting video on Buffalo’s new stadium and what’s gone into it. Think Populous who the club are using are involved and they’ve taken quite a bit from Spuds new stadium when designing it.

Also being built right next to their current stadium, it’s all about the fan experience and sight lines in new stadium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYJxJdICI1I

Rather enjoyed that. Thanks for sharing. 

Makes me want a mega new build on the Leazes even more. 

12 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Maybe this is a silly question, but would it be possible to lower the pitch, like digging it further down, and add more seats downwards? :lol:

Like the Nou Camp?

No, there wouldn’t be enough space to make it worthwhile - the Nou Camp had a running track originally

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

Maybe this is a silly question, but would it be possible to lower the pitch, like digging it further down, and add more seats downwards? :lol:

Because there's very limited space between the pitch and the first row of seats, the answer is unfortunately no. 

I can't see an obvious solution to the problem without a whole stadium redesign which i'd guess is not practical. 

I also think the horseshoe design is not something that is favoured as it still leaves the problem of the dilapidated east stand, which is maybe why they targeted the east stand first.

I just hope they can compromise with this 'right to light' shit, maybe take down a couple of house on st James terrace and extend the east footprint across the road to at least get the east stand up an extra tier 

One thing I would add is that with the restrictions of FFP on players, that the club might push forward on developing the stadium as apparently FFP doesn't apply unless someone can say otherwise 

1 hour ago, Pancrate1892 said:

Because there's very limited space between the pitch and the first row of seats, the answer is unfortunately no. 

I can't see an obvious solution to the problem without a whole stadium redesign which i'd guess is not practical. 

I also think the horseshoe design is not something that is favoured as it still leaves the problem of the dilapidated east stand, which is maybe why they targeted the east stand first.

I just hope they can compromise with this 'right to light' shit, maybe take down a couple of house on st James terrace and extend the east footprint across the road to at least get the east stand up an extra tier 

One thing I would add is that with the restrictions of FFP on players, that the club might push forward on developing the stadium as apparently FFP doesn't apply unless someone can say otherwise 

Stadium costs are FFP neutral (though interest on borrowings aren’t - though I’m assuming that the owners would cough up the sums themselves)

On 20/01/2024 at 19:59, Kid Icarus said:

There's an architect who did a speculative design with the pitch being lowered and moved more towards the L7 corner. 

I'm pretty sure that concept was actually raising the pitch and taking out level 1 of the milburn and leazes 

just off the top of my head these are all the teams i can think of that have had new or major major upgrades in the last 25 year

UK

Southampton

Smoggies

Mackems

Man Citeh

Leicester

Arsenal

Derby

Bolton

West Ham

Spurs*

Brighton

Everton**

Coventry

Luton**

Swansea

Cardiff

* built over old stadium

** coming soon

Theres many more in europe built for world cups and euros which as we are host city we can surely leverage

Bayern Munich?

Schalke

Marseille

PSG?

Milan are getting a new one

Juve

Atletico Madrid

Barca

Real Madrid

Think we need to wake up and realise we cant stay glued to SJP and its limitations if we want to move forward

13 hours ago, Cookie1892 said:

just off the top of my head these are all the teams i can think of that have had new or major major upgrades in the last 25 year

UK

Southampton

Smoggies

Mackems

Man Citeh

Leicester

Arsenal

Derby

Bolton

West Ham

Spurs*

Brighton

Everton**

Coventry

Luton**

Swansea

Cardiff

* built over old stadium

** coming soon

Theres many more in europe built for world cups and euros which as we are host city we can surely leverage

Bayern Munich?

Schalke

Marseille

PSG?

Milan are getting a new one

Juve

Atletico Madrid

Barca

Real Madrid

Think we need to wake up and realise we cant stay glued to SJP and its limitations if we want to move forward

The state of the majority of those clubs old grounds were a quite a step down from SJP though tbf.

17 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Word is going about lately that Beamish are interested in Leazes terrace. 👀

They'll have to get a move on if they want it done before the transfer window slams shut.