St James' Park

Delima

Lots of these modern stadiums will be out of fashion again in 20 years so would love it to look like a actual castle that can be seen from space or the side of it with a twin towers of the old wembley vibe on a bigger scale,Massive stone blocks as far as the eye can see

A real fortress

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’m sure Spurs’ stadium is larger than the Mercedes Benz stadium.

Assuming that website @Kid Icarus linked to is accurate, they're pretty much identical other than Spurs being more oval versus MB's circular shape.

https://joshuahhh.com/projects/same-scale/#17.57/51.604055/-0.066421/33.755322/-84.400658/Satellite

Edited by Keegans Export

3 minutes ago, Steve Charlton said:

Lots of these modern stadiums will be out of fashion again in 20 years so would love it to look like a actual castle that can be seen from space or the side of it with a twin towers of the old wembley vibe on a bigger scale,Massive stone blocks as far as the eye can see

A real fortress

Have something like this with statues of Eddie and Jason. 

IMG_1302.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Spurs’ doesn’t, however they do close off the nearby roads.

Spurs have a concrete concourse that’s goes all the way outside, then two areas at each end where they do the security checks before you go up the stairs to the concourse, it’s a different shape but the footprint of spurs stadium is massively larger than just the stands 

34 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Like the one below for example? As has been said, it's just for illustration purposes but you don't need to measure it to see that applying The Leazes end all the way around SJP means you get a bigger footprint than the current site, that's the exact reason why we can't do it. 

image.thumb.png.5363d8e6c5ca3fdf26ca4aa04301a6b4.png

It's absolutely bigger btw

image.thumb.png.4d98c7eff35fdc6df9d92dbd7c55ca95.png

That’s what I meant though. Your illustration has a stadium with a bigger footprint than the one shown by ponsaelius.

Anyway, thinking about it logically, if the club have had discussions with the relevant authorities it is more likely to theorise a new vision of the 1997 proposal, rather than something like on that Bondibot video.

2 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Spurs have a concrete concourse that’s goes all the way outside, then two areas at each end where they do the security checks before you go up the stairs to the concourse, it’s a different shape but the footprint of spurs stadium is massively larger than just the stands 

Spurs footprint t is apparently nearly twice their old stadium https://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/eng/tottenham_hotspur_stadium

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Have something like this with statues of Eddie and Jason. 

IMG_1302.jpeg

4 gigantic statues one in each corner on the outside of the ground : Keegan Robson Supermac Shearer 

2 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Stadium-overlay.jpg

Marvel at my elite MS Paint and Google Map skills

Looks like what you'd come up with if asked to draw Megatron's anus.

I’d fear for match prices if we built anything less than 70k. Ultimately the opportunity to expand whatever they build down the line without great expense is vital.

Not sure on the laws around parks being listed but is there any leeway on us take up space in the northern part of the park if the deal allows for them to extend the park south into the space where SJP currently sits?

26 minutes ago, Decky said:

Not sure on the laws around parks being listed but is there any leeway on us take up space in the northern part of the park if the deal allows for them to extend the park south into the space where SJP currently sits?

I’d imagine that’s the obvious discussion with the Council and the Freeman.

Personally think it’s a much better place for it also as often forgotten about his behind SJP.

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I get your point although I do think there is benefit in staying closer to SJP and limit the impact on the area. Just went searching for some original posts post takeover from Ponsaelius and saw that we've had this exact conversation before. :lol:

In your defence the same conversations all repeat every 5 pages of this thread as though it's brand knew:lol:

Just seen SOL mentioned a page back as though it's an incredible new suggestion ha