St James' Park

Delima

What a clueless c*** that brand expert is. Wonder whose pocket he's in.

He's laughably poor.

Other brand experts have come out and said Newcastle have been badly advised in this and as a resullt are likely to prove unsuccessful in finding a buyer.

He's laughably poor.

Other brand experts have come out and said Newcastle have been badly advised in this and as a resullt are likely to prove unsuccessful in finding a buyer.

Ashley and Llambias probably went through several brand experts until they found one who supported their idea of renaming the stadium.

He's laughably poor.

experts ? right now there are no experts.

He's laughably poor.

Ashley and Llambias probably went through several brand experts until they found one who supported their idea of renaming the stadium.

And was willing to peddle it on national television for a modest fee.

There is a part of me that is concerned about what will be Ashley's next move.  If they don't find a buyer (and I am not convinced they are looking because the plan is for it to be SD),  I can imagine Llambias blaming the fans and saying they had no choice but to sell Tiote etc to raise funds because the fans had put off potential buyers.  The backlash provides them with an excuse to justify whatever they plan to do next.

As been pointed out so many times before, fascinating how they're all going about as if these brands they are supposedly trying to attract don't have any kind of marketing expertise and wouldn't have the slightest idea of what sponsoring a stadium could do for them.

Would be hilarious if it all wasn't so tragic.

He mentions Arsenal getting £6 million a year from 2006 when the global economy was probably at its height and he claims that £10 million for us in the middle of a global recession is more than realistic and is an actual bargain.  :lol:

Walked past the stadium today and that absolute eejit who's always black and white from head to toe was standing outside the club shop with a sign saying 'Sack The Board'. Had two side kicks with him- one being a horrendously fat kid. Cringe didn't do it justice.

To be fair to him, at least he's doing something.

Standing there with a sign saying 'Sack the board', though? :lol:

The funny thing is that he is standing there with a board that is saying sack the board.

That may be down to my bad humor though, but I´ll take anything I can get these days.  :lol:

Taking back (if he has) what you've put in, is not "taking out"

Check out the previous regime for a real example of taking out. (£52 Millions worth of taking out)

Of course it's taking out, I take money out of my bank account on a daily basis.  I put it in and I take it out.

Suppose you loaned some of your money to a company. If the company paid some of it back (with no interest) do you consider that you have taken money out of that company? I can't see that you have since all you have done is get a repayment of what you loaned in the first place.

On the other hand if you charged 6% interest on the loan then you have taken money out because you did not put the interest into the company in the first place. The company has had to somehow earn the interest in order to be able to pay it to you.

If I loaned a company money and they re-paid it of course I'd consider that I'd taken money out of that company.  I understand that Ashley has saved us money by not charging interest, he's still taken at least £6 million out, even if it is the money that he put in.

people have lost the fucking plot here like

Just to clarify: He would be taking money back from the company.

Mick: If you loaned money to a friend, and later ended up needing the money and asked to get the money back: Would you take money from your friend, or would you get your money back?

Just to clarify: He would be taking money back from the company.

Mick: If you loaned money to a friend, and later ended up needing the money and asked to get the money back: Would you take money from your friend, or would you get your money back?

I would be getting it back.

Just a thought about the Olympics... Knowing those cheap twats, nothing will probably be coming down or painted over. It'll all just be covered up in some grotesque half arsed way that will look even more ridiculous.

Probably use left over SD tracky bottoms to hang over the East stand signage.

Just a thought about the Olympics... Knowing those cheap twats, nothing will probably be coming down or painted over. It'll all just be covered up in some grotesque half arsed way that will look even more ridiculous.

Probably use left over SD tracky bottoms to hang over the East stand signage.

They'll probably cover everything with some lightweigth crap in the hope that it will blow away.

Was thinking about ways to speak out against this in a reasonable manner... Do you think a letter-writing campaign to major media outlets/commentators asking them to continue to refer to the ground as SJP be feasible?

Granted, knowing Ashley, he'll probably sue them all :lol:

There are obviously better ways to go about finding a sponsor than this. This could hit attendances, shirt sales and other revenue streams in the process and if the team performs poorly as a result it will affect sponsorship further down the line, both TV deals and post-Northern Rock.

So why have they gone this route? They cite Chelsea as an example that other clubs are doing it, but Chelsea have not renamed the stadium for free to 'showcase' Stamford Bridge. So we are in fact the only club doing it for free.

Are they really looking for a sponsor or is it just an excuse for the club to give Sports Direct free sponsorship? Time will tell but they've chosen a strange way to go about finding sponsors and it makes you suspicious. For once I agree with Shepherd, they've already changed the name, changing it again so soon would just look tacky and it could put sponsors off. Changing the official name twice in a year? The media are unlikely to roll with that and sponsors will be aware. Similarly if the media all continue to call it St James Park that would also put sponsors off as the 'showcase' would be a failure. There is a real possibility of that happening with the entire fanbase and the city council wanting to keep the name the same. If the media continue to call it St James Park then it would actually deter sponsors.

My gut feeling? I could be wrong but I suspect it's just another way for Ashley to squeeze what he can out of the club (free advertising) before he eventually finds a buyer for the club.

As a 'response' I'd just like to see someone come up with a new song that gets sung from start to finish in every game. I'm hopeless at shit like this but something about St. James' always being our home and supporting the team, bypass the FCB out shit to not affect the players but also make it clear the name change will not be accepted. Ever.

As a 'response' I'd just like to see someone come up with a new song that gets sung from start to finish in every game. I'm hopeless at shit like this but something about St. James' always being our home and supporting the team, bypass the FCB out shit to not affect the players but also make it clear the name change will not be accepted. Ever.

For immediate impact it would need to be based on an existing / recognised tune and easy for people to pick up the lyrics e.g.

"Stand up for St James's Park" (stand up if you love the toon)

"This is St James's Park, say this is St James's Park" (we are top of the league)

"Our ground, you'll never rename our ground, you'll never rename our ground, you'll never rename our ground" (only got one song)

"......Gannin along to St James's Park, to see the geordie aces" (blaydon races)