St James' Park

Delima

Guest pintofscottsellers

Won't he have to take it down again in a few months for the Olympics?

Aye, he'll probably employ a couple of radgepackets to keep the costs down

That

What next? A Sports direct store to replace Shearer's or the club shop.

that little shop downstairs within the club shop is a s/d owned shop aint it? Cant remember the name tey using there though

Aye, it's called Soccer Scene.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Once again, Ashley uses a break in the fixture list to do something like that. Clever.

Makes sense tbh. Schools have a lot of work done during holiday periods!

Guest johnson293

Any chance the club has taken down the 'St James' Park' lettering to be replaced with new, like they did with 'Newcastle United' on the East Stand?

I know people may say 'why?' when the club have renamed the stadium, but on Look North tonight, the lettering is gone, but not replaced (yet) with an 'SDA' sign.

Also, 'St James' Park' is supposedly gotta be used for the Olympics - so why take the lettering down now, with only 4 months till the Olympics?

Probably more straw clutching, but maybe the intention is to renew that lettering, not remove/replace with 'SDA'.

The club as usual have said nowt, so maybe wait and see what appears on that wall?

Guest johnson293

Doubt that. Really really doubt that. It'll have some Sports Direct for sure.

Like I say, its probably clutching at straws again, but many similar comments were made when the 'Newcastle United' lettering was first spied being seen being taken off the East Stand.

Doubt that. Really really doubt that. It'll have some Sports Direct for sure.

Like I say, its probably clutching at straws again, but many similar comments were made when the 'Newcastle United' lettering was first spied being seen being taken off the East Stand.

I like the notion.  We are still called Newcastle United though - sadly the stadium is no longer (officially) called SJP

<-------- see avatar

A handsome, self-made billionaire having a great (albeit drunken) time. What's the point? :lol:

Exactly that, he just doesn't give a f***.

Edit: And he knows no-one can be bothered to stop him.

Guest neesy111

I just wonder but for this cunt we could be where Rangers are? not that theres any need for this shite, or some of his other antics.

It would had been his own fault completely.  If you don't do due diligence then you deserve to lose x amount of money.

I just wonder but for this cunt we could be where Rangers are? not that theres any need for this shite, or some of his other antics.

It would had been his own fault completely.  If you don't do due diligence then you deserve to lose x amount of money.

absolutely agree neesy. I was more thinking If he ahdnt bought and we stuck with fat fred, would we have ended up like Rangers?

Yep, it would have been his fault. But on the other side of that exact coin we aren't in financial meltdown thanks to him. He's done a lot of good things for the club, and he's made some huge fuck-ups as well.

I just wonder but for this c*** we could be where Rangers are? not that theres any need for this s****, or some of his other antics.

absolutely agree neesy. I was more thinking If he ahdnt bought and we stuck with fat fred, would we have ended up like Rangers?

The old cliche, but more like Leeds to be honest. With a swish of Portsmouth thrown in for good measure, and a sprinkling of Plymouth Argyle.

If you buy a house without doing a survey and the house falls down, it's your fault you've lost your money, but it's not your fault that the house has fallen down. That's down to the neglect of the previous owner.

The bizarre logic that's often applied to Ashley is that because he's to blame for not spending his money wisely, he's also to blame for the problems that emerged.

Yes he has probably saved the club from financial meltdown and the team is doing well, but strokes like this only serve to show what an utter cunt he is.

I noticed that the signage is well out of the way. To stop the inevertable vandalism that would have taken place, do you think ?