St James' Park

Delima

Guest daniellenufc

Nexus said at the time of the renaming that they have no plans to change it.

and Newcastle City Council said they won't change the street signs...I reckon it's just the name on the stadium itself that's being changed.

Those signs are so small and shit it's mind boggling.  At least make it classy and have giant fuckoff marquee across all the columns or something.

Shhhhhh.

It's actually annoying me how badly they clash :lol:  I mean, signage is going to happen, might as well make it look good. 

:lol: Just a big ass piece of oak tag.

Nexus will never change it to follow a sponsor. Potentially too many changes.

What with the station signs, literature, other signs etc...it will run up quite a bill.

Likely....Hundreds of Billions :shifty:

:lol:

Those signs are so small and shit it's mind boggling.  At least make it classy and have giant fuckoff marquee across all the columns or something.

Shhhhhh.

It's actually annoying me how badly they clash :lol:  I mean, signage is going to happen, might as well make it look good. 

Maybe he's deliberately putting up cheap-ass signs in anticipation of having to change them again when a new sponsor comes in?

:yao:

Shhhhhh.

Maybe he's deliberately putting up cheap-ass signs in anticipation of having to change them again when a new sponsor comes in?

:yao:

:lol: The biennial change to DIRECT SPORTS.

New signage will have to come down for the Olympic football, as well as other advertising inside the ground. Makes you wonder what he'll do with the big fuck off sign on top of the Gallowgate - cover it up with a boat load of gaffa tape?!

I suspect more permanent signage will go up once the Olympics are done and no, there will be no ground sponsor. It's always been about peddaling his company on TV for nout.

Nexus said at the time of the renaming that they have no plans to change it.

and Newcastle City Council said they won't change the street signs...I reckon it's just the name on the stadium itself that's being changed.

NCC (Newcastle City Council) has in the last year installed a new form of street signs. On these signs the stadium is marked Newcastle United not St James' Park.

It will ALWAYS be St James Park. However whatever happened to this urgency to have the ground sponsored?? I thought then and still think now that it's purely a marketing tool for Ashley and that he never had any intention of getting another party in to sponsor the ground. While he's at the club all the tacky sports direct stuff will remain.