St James' Park

Delima

Memories . .

Who remembers the fabulous SCOREBOARD at the Gallowgate End at St James' Park?

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/ScoreboardatStJamesParka.jpg

Totally, i remember when one of the sponsors paid for a new scoreboard.  It was really exciting as it could create a face of the player with his number.  :lol: :lol:

Somebody should change the thread title to Sports Direct Arena :lol:

The responses would be class

Little doubt that Lee Ryder has already directed the club's media watchdogs to this important issue.

Memories . .

Who remembers the fabulous SCOREBOARD at the Gallowgate End at St James' Park?

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv345/manorpark_photos/Newcastle%204/ScoreboardatStJamesParka.jpg

Aye and those little dancing men that looked like something from a shit arcade game.  High tech at the time!!

Guest johnson293

270751_157164261020102_4315277_n.jpg

The NEI scoreboard showing us 6-0 up at half time during the final match of the 92/93 season against Leicester.

270751_157164261020102_4315277_n.jpg

The NEI scoreboard showing us 6-0 up at half time during the final match of the 92/93 season against Leicester.

This is the first Newcastle match I remember, was listening to it on the radio and been in love ever since!

This is the first Newcastle match I remember, was listening to it on the radio and been in love ever since!

That game is in my top 3 for best atmospheres during a game, it was the perfect end to a perfect season, I miss being able to stand.

That game is in my top 3 for best atmospheres during a game, it was the perfect end to a perfect season, I miss being able to stand.

My only disappointment for that game was that we gave Leicester the whole Leazes end and we had to stand (sit on the barrier) in the paddock.

My only disappointment for that game was that we gave Leicester the whole Leazes end and we had to stand (sit on the barrier) in the paddock.

Didn't Lindisfarne play before the game at the Leazes?  One of the funniest things was when Steve Walsh scored and we started singing his name to the Andy Cole song.

Didn't Lindisfarne play before the game at the Leazes?  One of the funniest things was when Steve Walsh scored and we started singing his name to the Andy Cole song.

yip they did, on a temp stage built into the newly part built leazes.

Didn't know about that.

Why did they close Level 7?

Haven't been to SJP since 2010.

They close it for cup games to save money on staff/stewards etc since the lower bowl is big enough to cope with the demand for tickets.

• 4 weeks later...
Newcastle United have announced that they are increasing the number of corporate hospitality boxes at St.James’ Park.

There will be another six boxes added at the ‘Leazes End of The Sports Direct Arena’ is how the marketing info describes them. Quite amusing the fact they are using ‘Leazes End’ rather than ‘Sir John Hall Stand’, though they then have to spoil it all with SDA instead of St.James’ Park.

The boxes (1 x 20 seater and 5 x 10 seater) will be ready for the Manchester United home match on Sunday 7th October and the decision to build the first new boxes since 1999/2000 is apparently due to a sell-out of the existing boxes.

It will be interesting to see exactly where they are placed and exactly how many will be knocked off the current 52,404 capacity at St.James’ Park to accommodate the 70 corporate seats.

Taken from theMag

Newcastle United have announced that they are increasing the number of corporate hospitality boxes at St.James’ Park.

There will be another six boxes added at the ‘Leazes End of The Sports Direct Arena’ is how the marketing info describes them. Quite amusing the fact they are using ‘Leazes End’ rather than ‘Sir John Hall Stand’, though they then have to spoil it all with SDA instead of St.James’ Park.

The boxes (1 x 20 seater and 5 x 10 seater) will be ready for the Manchester United home match on Sunday 7th October and the decision to build the first new boxes since 1999/2000 is apparently due to a sell-out of the existing boxes.

It will be interesting to see exactly where they are placed and exactly how many will be knocked off the current 52,404 capacity at St.James’ Park to accommodate the 70 corporate seats.

Taken from theMag

Very little will be knocked off.

They are replacing where the old family enclosure was at the very back of the Leazes lower before it moved to L7 Milburn, it's been empty for most games for the last two years.