St James' Park

Delima

:lol: 'Played.

They'll probs just make em submit an application but it's a bit of pain in the arse paperwork. Every little helps.

Yeah, they’ll no doubt grant in retrospect, and it does happen quite often. However it is an indication to Charnley and Ashley that the fans will be on top of everything, and where ever we can, we’ll attack.

For those saying it might need permission because it’s illuminated, all signs need planning permission, illuminated or not. The sign for the turnstiles will also go down as a 2nd infringement.

Sad sad people

It’s ok they’re not members of Steve Bruce’s Donnay Army (We hate Rafa) so you’re safe.

Neither am I mate

You are a cunt though

ThriftyOrdinaryCoot-size_restricted.gif

They are missing the trick massively. The best bet is to focus objections on how it will prevent expansion both the the Tyne and Wear Metro system, and the stadium, and how they are economically critical to the future of Newcastle as a city. For the stadium expansion you have to also state that the developers claim an expansion is still possible, however this is worded to carefully exclude a full expansion of the Gallowgate end and the proximity of the new buildings could prevent any expansion of the Gallowgate end in future.

Greg[/member] will be able to help more on what information people objecting should include as this is actually his job (for a different council).

We stopped the McD's drive-thru on the old Kenton Bar site. One thing the council told us was that they, legally, could not assist. Legally, it made sense, but the very idea that a council cannot represent the people it represents is backward.

We stopped the McD's drive-thru on the old Kenton Bar site. One thing the council told us was that they, legally, could not assist. Legally, it made sense, but the very idea that a council cannot represent the people it represents is backward.

Legally there are many things they can’t take into consideration in a planning application. The Magpie groups tweet are asking people to object for reasons that the council cannot legally reject on. The reasons I gave above are more valid than what the Magpie group are saying.

Also in terms of the Kenton Bar McDonalds, the council can’t assist you in objecting because they are the ones making the decision and have to be impartial. All the can do is remind both the objectors and those seeking permission on what is legally acceptable and what isn’t. The McDonalds wasn’t actually refused planning permission, it was just informed that it would be refused a hot food licence due to health concerns.

What was wrong with the McDonald's?

People were concerned that kids would go to McDonalds on their school break and it would lead to an epidemic of fat kids. They forgot that kids aren’t allowed out for their dinner breaks anymore, unless they are in 6th form. Anyway the council said they wouldn’t give anymore hot food licenses to anymore takeaways in the area. Planning permission wasn’t actually refused.

The same thing happened to Hooters in town. Hooters planned on opening up, people got pissed off that a place which has waiters with big boobs was going to open up, the police objected to an alcohol licence, the council agreed to refuse them one. Again planning permission was not refused, but an alcohol licence was. In the case of Hooters though, they would have easily won the appeal had they decided too. I still think they own the site and will probably come back and make another application which they’ll keep quiet about in order to prevent the people who get outraged from knowing.

People were concerned that kids would go to McDonalds on their school break and it would lead to an epidemic of fat kids. They forgot that kids aren’t allowed out for their dinner breaks anymore, unless they are in 6th form. Anyway the council said they wouldn’t give anymore hot food licenses to anymore takeaways in the area. Planning permission wasn’t actually refused.

The same thing happened to Hooters in town. Hooters planned on opening up, people got pissed off that a place which has waiters with big boobs was going to open up, the police objected to an alcohol licence, the council agreed to refuse them one. Again planning permission was not refused, but an alcohol licence was. In the case of Hooters though, they would have easily won the appeal had they decided too. I still think they own the site and will probably come back and make another application which they’ll keep quiet about in order to prevent the people who get outraged from knowing.

It's been sold.

Edit: Sorry. You were on about hooters, weren't you.

Guest chopey

It's been sold.

Great news, I'm happy for every one concerned, what's been sold?

Hooters would be another nice option for those who go to the match to get away from the missus. Just dont tell her you didn't renew and still go out anyway to Hooters 👍

There's no way to determine how many people are actually doing that. Maybe Seymour's wife looks through his posts.

:lol: 'Played.

They'll probs just make em submit an application but it's a bit of pain in the arse paperwork. Every little helps.

Yeah, they’ll no doubt grant in retrospect, and it does happen quite often. However it is an indication to Charnley and Ashley that the fans will be on top of everything, and where ever we can, we’ll attack.

For those saying it might need permission because it’s illuminated, all signs need planning permission, illuminated or not. The sign for the turnstiles will also go down as a 2nd infringement.

Sad sad people

It’s ok they’re not members of Steve Bruce’s Donnay Army (We hate Rafa) so you’re safe.

Neither am I mate

You are a cunt though

ThriftyOrdinaryCoot-size_restricted.gif

You basically questioned my loyalties and said I was an Ashley apologist. Of course I would respond!

They are missing the trick massively. The best bet is to focus objections on how it will prevent expansion both the the Tyne and Wear Metro system, and the stadium, and how they are economically critical to the future of Newcastle as a city. For the stadium expansion you have to also state that the developers claim an expansion is still possible, however this is worded to carefully exclude a full expansion of the Gallowgate end and the proximity of the new buildings could prevent any expansion of the Gallowgate end in future.

Greg[/member] will be able to help more on what information people objecting should include as this is actually his job (for a different council).

Dude, you've been pushing that Metro extension for yonks, but everyone who replies to that suggestion says it's never going to happen. It seems you're the only person who thinks it might...?

Just observing from half a world away.

Dude, you've been pushing that Metro extension for yonks, but everyone who replies to that suggestion says it's never going to happen. It seems you're the only person who thinks it might...?

And?

People have said trying to get Ashley out of the club won’t do much, but we still try. People say NUFC will win fuck all, but we still support.

If I and others don’t fight for this, then Metro will not be expanded from SJP in future, if I fight it then theirs a chance that somewhere down the line it will happen.

People who are crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

And?

People have said trying to get Ashley out of the club won’t do much, but we still try. People say NUFC will win fuck all, but we still support.

If I and others don’t fight for this, then Metro will not be expanded from SJP in future, if I fight it then theirs a chance that somewhere down the line it will happen.

People who are crazy enough to believe that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

You're saying it's a better proposition than the course TMG proposes. There doesn't seem to be much support for that, and has been some resistance. I guess I'm thinking about factionalism and splintering - seems to be a good case for toeing the line, is all...?

And?

You're saying it's a better proposition than the course TMG proposes. There doesn't seem to be much support for that, and has been some resistance. I guess I'm thinking about factionalism and splintering - seems to be a good case for toeing the line, is all...?

I don’t think blocking the view of SJP will be something the council would reject proposals over. Ok so it’s designated as an iconic building, but I don’t think it’s iconic enough for NCC to block developments over, of fight a legal battle backing such a decision.

In my view you have to get the council thinking. Right now they have thousands of angry football fans who don’t want anything negative to impact NUFC. They need to see a benefit to rejecting the proposals, or at least asking for further changes to it. They need to see a long term outcome, ‘blocking the view’ doesn’t do that.

You also have to remember that the people not supporting this development because it would ruin the view of the iconic stadium, would wilfully support changing that view of it meant an expansion of SJP.