St James' Park

Delima

9 hours ago, Mr Pups said:

Anfield can not hold international football anymore because of it's smaller pitch size

The a scousers have also banned the Sun, so that discounts them from holding an international match because all press are invited, this is why they don’t hold England matches 

1 hour ago, TBG said:

Could they build the fan zone on Leazes Terrace?

Leazes terrace has a right to light.

So we would probably have to revisit the glass escalator to the sky idea and place the fan zone above leazes terrace on a mezzanine platform.

18 hours ago, madras said:

Never knew that.

aye, apparently minimum pitch size is 105m by 68m (like SJP) The bin dippers pitch is only 100m in length, not sure about width but their whole ground is very compact, I mean it must be as SJP looks bigger but holds less. 

Also, think you've got to have adequate space around the pitch (7m) which probably puts off the nufc owners consuming that space to bring the east stand and/or gallowgate further in to solve expansion problems (unless they demolish the first section of the milburn or leazes)

7 hours ago, Cort said:

Hope the owners use this break to change the lettering on the East Stand.

the people who bought the letters should be forced to give them back. These cunts participated in Ashleys quest to desecrate the ground, as well as everything else

7 minutes ago, Stifler said:

If their pitch is too short then you wonder why they haven’t corrected that when they started redeveloping the Anfield Road end which they are currently doing.

I thought that, they could have moved the stand back a bit and solved the problem to meet current FIFA standards. Probably something to do with helping dodgy VAR decisions like when opposition strikers run through and score perfectly good goals

14 hours ago, nufcnick said:

The a scousers have also banned the Sun, so that discounts them from holding an international match because all press are invited, this is why they don’t hold England matches 

England played there when Wembley was being rebuilt so this must be a new thing. On both counts cos a couple international play-offs were played there.

Edited by Wolfcastle

• 2 weeks later...

No-one is going to build a temporary 50k stadium in the UK, let alone one which may have a lifespan of less than two years

It is either move from SJP or accept the site’s limitations with a more modest rebuild.  I don’t mind either way, assuming that any new ground is close enough to the city centre; I still think that moving to the site of the current arena would be a decent option, given proximity to Central Station and the fact it’s actually closer to most of the city’s pubs than SJP

Edited by TheBrownBottle

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No-one is going to build a temporary 50k stadium in the UK, let alone one which may have a lifespan of less than two years

It is either move from SJP or accept the site’s limitations with a more modest rebuild.  I don’t mind either way, assuming that any new ground is close enough to the city centre; I still think that moving to the site of the current arena would be a decent option, given proximity to Central Station and the fact it’s actually closer to most of the city’s pubs than SJP

Anyone know if there’s anything already signposted for the current arena site?