St James' Park

Delima

11 minutes ago, Decky said:

What's it like buying tickets as a member these days? Shitshow is it? 

Normally get in the website any time from half 9 when the queue opens, it randomises at 10 and then it’s the luck of the draw. The legend that is @LFEE helped me today as I was 5k, may have got one in level 7 but in the Gallowgate now. 

Just now, Wallsendmag said:

31,000. Dropped down to 30k under Bruce and they released around 1k for sale this season.

That would seem low. Even taking out away fans and corporate numbers, it really doesn’t feel like there’s 10k+ tickets go on sale every game?

Difficult to quantify though and I’ve never read or heard anything on it coming from a place of authority.

Surprised it’s only 31k, as being 7000th in the queue for tickets can sometimes result in not getting one. I know people will get them for their pals etc like.

Then again, we had to give away 10k for free for Ashley to save face. No way he’d have done that if season ticket sales were decent. 

Just now, Danh1 said:

Surprised it’s only 31k, as being 7000th in the queue for tickets can sometimes result in not getting one. I know people will get them for their pals etc like.

Then again, we had to give away 10k for free for Ashley to save face. No way he’d have done that if season ticket sales were decent. 

The average was still over 46,000 when he introduced that. 

2 hours ago, NWMag said:

I think if you compare this to the Fulham, where there were still a few tickets available a week after they went on sale, it probably shows what a difference ko time makes. Sat 5:30pm is great for loads of people. Sunday 2pm, not so much.

1 hour ago, SteV said:

That would seem low. Even taking out away fans and corporate numbers, it really doesn’t feel like there’s 10k+ tickets go on sale every game?

Difficult to quantify though and I’ve never read or heard anything on it coming from a place of authority.

We hit 44k under Bobby Robson and for our first season back in the Prem under Benitez which was the maximum the club could sell. For Rafa's last season it had dropped to 38k as Ashley hiked the prices right up for people not on long term deals and subsequently a few crowds dipped below 50k. Bruce's appointment knocked a further 8k off. A friend of mine was 14,000 odd in the queue for the Chelsea match and was successful in getting a ticket.

19 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

We hit 44k under Bobby Robson and for our first season back in the Prem under Benitez which was the maximum the club could sell. For Rafa's last season it had dropped to 38k as Ashley hiked the prices right up for people not on long term deals and subsequently a few crowds dipped below 50k. Bruce's appointment knocked a further 8k off. A friend of mine was 14,000 odd in the queue for the Chelsea match and was successful in getting a ticket.

Aye, using the queue numbers as a yardstick is a bit spurious though as we all log on multiple times. Equally though there’s a lot of people buying multiple tickets. Just seems that the times I have got in right near the front of the queue, there hasn’t seemed to be anything like 10k available. 

As I say though, always seems to be something that’s never quite known for sure.

Edited by SteV

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Aye, using the queue numbers as a yardstick is a bit spurious though as we all log on multiple times. Equally though there’s a lot of people buying multiple tickets. Just seems that the times I have got in right near the front of the queue, there hasn’t seemed to be anything like 10k available. 

As I say though, always seems to be something that’s never quite known for sure.

I got on at 10.03 for the Palace game (league) this season which is the earliest I've been on and there was masses of availability everywhere. We got 4 together in the Gallowgate no problem and there was still loads in the East Stand especially towards the Leazes and other popular areas. However for the Fulham game coming up I didn't get on till around 10.30 and there wasn't a great deal left other than L7. Just 1s and 2s dotted around so that 25 mins or so made a massive difference.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

I got on at 10.03 for the Palace game (league) this season which is the earliest I've been on and there was masses of availability everywhere. We got 4 together in the Gallowgate no problem and there was still loads in the East Stand especially towards the Leazes and other popular areas. However for the Fulham game coming up I didn't get on till around 10.30 and there wasn't a great deal left other than L7. Just 1s and 2s dotted around so that 25 mins or so made a massive difference.

That Palace game is the only PL game this season I've managed to get two seats together outside of level 7. 

I was on the site before 10am today, ready for the queue to begin but still only had L7 available so didn't bother I've not been up there before; just how up in the Gods is it? Is it worth it if you actually want some atmosphere and to be able to recognise the players?

I don't feel like I can justify the £200-odd on top of match ticket for travel and accommodation just to feel like I'm still barely even there. :lol:

4 minutes ago, wormy said:

I was on the site before 10am today, ready for the queue to begin but still only had L7 available so didn't bother I've not been up there before; just how up in the Gods is it? Is it worth it if you actually want some atmosphere and to be able to recognise the players?

I don't feel like I can justify the £200-odd on top of match ticket for travel and accommodation just to feel like I'm still barely even there. :lol:

I'm in Level 7 and can recognise the players and I'm a geppy  old fuck.....that's Level 7 Milburn mind, Level 7 Leazes feels like its nearly on the Moon.

I kept using Level 7 instead of L7 because L7 was the band where the lead singer took her tampon out and threw it into the crowd on some tele prog.......therefore I wasn't going to say "I'm in L7".

55 minutes ago, madras said:

I'm in Level 7 and can recognise the players and I'm a geppy  old fuck.....that's Level 7 Milburn mind, Level 7 Leazes feels like its nearly on the Moon.

I kept using Level 7 instead of L7 because L7 was the band where the lead singer took her tampon out and threw it into the crowd on some tele prog.......therefore I wasn't going to say "I'm in L7".

Top man, maddy. I'll be in L7 every chance I get now. 

9 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Spotted these the other day, which I've never seen before. Designed by Ove Arup, a famous Newcastle born architect.

FB_IMG_1673205652859.jpg

FB_IMG_1673205660782.jpg

FB_IMG_1673205666172.jpg

FB_IMG_1673205672404.jpg

And quarter of a century later it was finally completed and named Maine Road.

The thing with this design is that it includes 32k standing supporters, aside from this not being likely to be approved these days we could get more than that number standing with the current design if they took out the seats, in the lower parts of the stadium and replaced it with terracing, like the good old times.

Has anyone been into the City Hall for a gig when the "stalls" seating is removed?  It is bloody great!

10 minutes ago, pinkeye said:

The thing with this design is that it includes 32k standing supporters, aside from this not being likely to be approved these days we could get more than that number standing with the current design if they took out the seats, in the lower parts of the stadium and replaced it with terracing, like the good old times.

Has anyone been into the City Hall for a gig when the "stalls" seating is removed?  It is bloody great!

Doesn’t stadium standing areas have to be ‘one for one’ in relation to replacing seating, due to safety? Thought I’d read it somewhere? So the potential attendance wouldn’t be affected at all should the current stadium go to standing areas.

Just now, Manxst said:

Doesn’t stadium standing areas have to be ‘one for one’ in relation to replacing seating, due to safety? Thought I’d read it somewhere? So the potential attendance wouldn’t be affected at all should the current stadium go to standing areas.

To be honest - I think you are right.  I was speculating on the reintroduction of terracing (which will almost certainly never happen)

29 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Yep - safe standing seats still take up the same room as a normal seat