St James' Park

Delima

Not arsed really, will always be St James's to the fans, and will always be referred to as St james's anyway.

Why are they doing it then?

Raises the profile

Considering man city sold the rights for 400mil

Ashley has himself a bargain

How does it do any of that if nobody uses it? The media refer to the 'Etihad Arena', that's why they paid all that money.

Just hypothetically, how would people react if the seats were to be changed to red and blue?

Perversely, that would annoy me more than the name change.

Not arsed really, will always be St James's to the fans, and will always be referred to as St james's anyway.

No idea, seems entirely pointless.

Will you ever refer to it as anything other than sjp? Nah, me neither, so it makes no odds to me really.

It'll end up the same as their last 'sportsdirect@...' shite did, I.e nobody using it.

Guest bimpy474

Just hypothetically, how would people react if the seats were to be changed to red and blue?

Did you have to ask this  :huff:

They're just seats, they'll always be grey to us. We're not looking at them anyway etc etc

Have a look at those comments I posted earlier, from over two years ago:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/8342406.stm

"We will showcase Sports Direct until the end of the season," chief executive Derek Llambias told BBC Newcastle.

"I'm sure we're going to get a sponsor in for next season."

Asked if the name "St James' Park" would always remain amid an angry response from fans, Llambias said: "Absolutely. In our reign, absolutely.

"It's adding to it, and if it brings in a good chunk of money to the club, that goes straight to the team, then do you know what, it's a revenue we should look at."

There's no other sponsor, no chunk of money was brought in going by the accounts, and it wasn't just a trial. Now we're apparently taking things a step further.

This quote should be what it comes down. It's gotten to the point where no quote made from Llambas even matters now.

Guest bimpy474

Raises the profile

Considering man city sold the rights for 400mil

Ashley has himself a bargain

How does it do any of that if nobody uses it? The media refer to the 'Etihad Arena', that's why they paid all that money.

Its more about raising the profile back in the owners country and Middle East/Asia isn't though, placate the Man City fans with the £400m, and with the transfer spending and league position, cup win its worked.

You say no one will call it that and yes your right in the sense of us fans, but match of the day, soccer saturday, foreign tv channels etc will have to refer to it as "sports direct arena" just like they are doing with the "etihad arena" and there you have his company being advertised in front of millions

You say no one will call it that and yes your right in the sense of us fans, but match of the day, soccer saturday, foreign tv channels etc will have to refer to it as "sports direct arena" just like they are doing with the "etihad arena" and there you have his company being advertised in front of millions

:sadnod:

I wonder what the other news will be.

I'm guessing changing the club shop into a Sports Direct +. I bet other than the replica tops, the rest of the NUFC tat sells poorly. Ashley would make more coin through selling his cheap tracksuits and trainers than a NUFC monopoly set or denim shirt with the club crest embroided on the tit.

I wonder what the other news will be.

I'm guessing changing the club shop into a Sports Direct +. I bet other than the replica tops, the rest of the NUFC tat sells poorly. Ashley would make more coin through selling his cheap tracksuits and trainers than a NUFC monopoly set or denim shirt with the club crest embroided on the tit.

What other news?