Zoggy fee? (Fansfc...)

Dokko

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=163071

Arsenal line up £6million Magpies swoop

11:49 February, 22, 2007

Arsenal Football Club are lining up a £6million bid for Charles N’Zogbia.

It is believed Arsene Wenger would have made an approach for the young Frenchman during the January transfer window had he not been out with a knee injury, yet he will now move for him in the summer.

The French coach has been assured by his board that funds will be available to boost his squad at the end of the season, and the Newcastle United man is said to have leapt to the top of his wanted list.

"We have always found funds for the manager when he wants funds," said managing director Keith Edelman. "Arsene is one of the managers who builds his squad very carefully.”

The Magpies would be reluctant to part company with N’Zogbia, yet an offer of £6million could well prove too good for manager Glenn Roeder to turn down.

Not very reliable, but 90% of us think the time will comes when Arsenal & Wenger will bid for our Frenchman, but if we let him go (as i think Zoggy would jump ship at 1st given chance) then i was hoping for a double figure, £6m is pointless.

"Too good" to turn done? I beg your pardon?

Don't get us wrong, on this season's performances, £6m seems fair play, but there's just so much more to be considering.

EDIT: Just realised the "source", if it can be called that...

Not very reliable, but 90% of us think the time will comes when Arsenal & Wenger will bid for our Frenchman, but if we let him go (as i think Zoggy would jump ship at 1st given chance) then i was hoping for a double figure, £6m is pointless.

I dont know, I feel a bit different about Charles. I don't think he would just jump ship at any opportunity if its better for his football future then he will go. I HOPE he stays at Newcastle.

I dont know, I feel a bit different about Charles. I don't think he would just jump ship at any opportunity if its better for his football future then he will go. I HOPE he stays at Newcastle.

Sorry, 1st given chance with Arsenal, should of pointed that out better.

I think he'd be off. Lets hope its more than £6m, if the SPuds can get £18m for Carrick then...

A big fee plus loads of add ons (appearances,caps,trophies etc) and maybe try get a couple of young players in return (even if on loan). Saying that b4 he got injured he was pretty gash so maybe our wonderful board/management team would accept a pittance bid.

It would be typical if we were to sell him at 6m. I honestly think he's worth nearer 12-13m. Though as it's been pointed out, he hasn't had the best of seasons and I doubt our chairman has failed to see this and has now got it into his mind that if the right offer came in he'd seriously think about it.

Guest icemanblue

I met N'Zogbia when he was in the Gate once. Me and my mate were talking to him and we told him we thought he was better than Duff, 'i know' was his reply, which we thought was quality.

Unfortunately, we asked if he was happy at Newcastle and he said 'no'. So we asked if he would go to Arsenal if they offered and he gave us a 'what do you think' kind of look, turned away and pretended to be talking on his phone (even though he obviously wasn't speaking to anyone, the phone was still on the menu screen!)

Make of that what you will.

I met N'Zogbia when he was in the Gate once. Me and my mate were talking to him and we told him we thought he was better than Duff, 'i know' was his reply, which we thought was quality.

Unfortunately, we asked if he was happy at Newcastle and he said 'no'. So we asked if he would go to Arsenal if they offered and he gave us a 'what do you think' kind of look, turned away and pretended to be talking on his phone (even though he obviously wasn't speaking to anyone, the phone was still on the menu screen!)

I don't believe you, no offence.

I don't believe you, no offence.

I swear I've read that before from someone under a different username.