Jewell: NUFC 'not coming back' for Giles Barnes

biggs

So we've been linked to him today

Good enough to play in centre midfield for us? As a forward thinking midfielder?

He can`t even get in the Derby first XI. I`ve been on a few Derby forums and there are mixed reactions about him. Alot of their fans reckon he`s a lazy sod

http://forums.thisis.co.uk/thread.jspa?threadID=4270&start=15&tstart=0

The guy must be jaded right now. Must be hard to perform at such a club at the minute, as they severely lack any quality. Their morale must also be rockbottom with all the losses.

I reckon it's worth a gamble. A fresh start may be just what he needs.

I had the feeling that this season was going to be difficult for him. Last season, he was probably the best player on the pitch in every game, and his attitude reflected that. It's different this season, and he's playing with a team who are inferior to the opposition all the time. Down to earth with a bump.

But as with Bellamy, let's buy a player when their career has stalled a bit, rather than waiting till he's hitting the headlines.

I had the feeling that this season was going to be difficult for him. Last season, he was probably the best player on the pitch in every game, and his attitude reflected that. It's different this season, and he's playing with a team who are inferior to the opposition all the time. Down to earth with a bump.

But as with Bellamy, let's buy a player when their career has stalled a bit, rather than waiting till he's hitting the headlines.

Exactly, especally as he is still so young.

I am very surprised Villa aren't in for him actually, as they are apparently looking for someone to play on the right.

I am very surprised Villa aren't in for him actually, as they are apparently looking for someone to play on the right.

for the 2million quoted he would be worth taking

havent seen alot of hm but i thought he was an attacking central midfielder and not a winger?

havent seen alot of hm but i thought he was an attacking central midfielder and not a winger?

Me neither (haven't seen much of him), but from my understanding he can play out wide too.

£2m with a boat lad of addons going way past £6m btw.

Still not bad. If he doesn't do that great then we don't pay much more than £2 million. If he does really well then we won't be too upset to pay up to £6 million, which really isn't that bad.

Still not bad. If he doesn't do that great then we don't pay much more than £2 million. If he does really well then we won't be too upset to pay up to £6 million, which really isn't that bad.

Not bad? Its great. I'd pay the full £6m upfront if i was KK in his situation, no way is he not worth it, so much in front of him as well. This seasons Ashley Young begging for someone to take a chance on him. Bring him in.

Not bad? Its great. I'd pay the full £6m upfront if i was KK in his situation, no way is he not worth it, so much in front of him as well. This seasons Ashley Young begging for someone to take a chance on him. Bring him in.

Too true.

Guest Guinness

We're sorely lacking someone in his mould so I think he'd definitely be worth a punt. He's not having the best of seasons, but with him being injured at the start of the season and then coming back into a struggling side it's clear why he might be suffering. He looked a very good prospect every time I saw him play last season and £2m plus add ons for someone of his age and potential would be an excellent bit of business IMO.

And Newcastle have also put a £300,000 offer on the table for one of Italian club Atalanta's most promising young players, in a move recommended by incoming United technical director Jeff Vetere.

Interesting.

Yeah I like the idea of bringing in a lot of young talents...

But still we could use an offensive midfielder very soon....

And Newcastle have also put a £300,000 offer on the table for one of Italian club Atalanta's most promising young players, in a move recommended by incoming United technical director Jeff Vetere.

Interesting.

joey barton not offensive enough  ?

Interesting.

joey barton not offensive enough  ?

offensive enough? Yes, but not good enough (so far) :-)