AZ Alkmaar (h) - Are you going?

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

58 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

2nd leg in Alkmaar was an absolute disgrace. Beginning of the end for Roeder.

Absolute surrender. Fucking 4-1 in the tie at one point. Sporting was worse but this was bad.

Also, 28k attendance for a UEFA Cup R16 game. Didnt know we were born. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Absolute surrender. Fucking 4-1 in the tie at one point. Sporting was worse but this was bad.

Also, 28k attendance for a UEFA Cup R16 game. Didnt know we were born. 

A couple of thousand of those would have been from the Netherlands as well. Staggering with a place in th QFs up for grabs!

In saying that, just a few years previous we were struggling to get 40k for some CL matches so it probably didn't even raise an eyebrow.

1 hour ago, Wallsendmag said:

A couple of thousand of those would have been from the Netherlands as well. Staggering with a place in th QFs up for grabs!

In saying that, just a few years previous we were struggling to get 40k for some CL matches so it probably didn't even raise an eyebrow.

Crazy how European football at the time for a lot of clubs was valued less than domestic. I remember my old manager saying for liverpools champions league era of2005-08 where they won and got to final he got tickets to all the anfield games but be lucky to get a league cup ticket now. 

I went to Barcona years ago and lots of empty seats and can remember likes of milan playing in half empty stadiums

Edited by NUFC91