Emre

Mr. Snrub

If he ever takes another set piece for us I'm personally gonna go to Newcastle and break his stumpy fucking legs.

Why Nobby didn't tell him to fuck off from that free-kick I'll never know, and as for his corners....

Raging.

Emre was one of our few positive players tonight. Roeder and shambles (again) are most to blame.

I blame roeder mostly for that he just sat and watched hes afraid to make decisions! At the same time though the players should have shown some pride and they were just fucking awful! Emre done well when he came on!

Got to agree about his set pieces.

Took a few good ones when he first came here, not a good one since. How on earth he pulls rank over Solano at such a crucial time is beyond me.

Still prefer him in the middle to any of our other options though.

Emre had like 2 fucking set pieces that let us down. That FK at the end and a corner just before it. Don't exaggerate, I think we're all rightly upset but you look like you're just after a scapegoat. No scapegoats in this game, they were all pretty awful (Parker was the best of a bad bunch and I KNOW I'm going to get some abuse for saying this).

Emre had like 2 fucking set pieces that let us down. That FK at the end and a corner just before it. Don't exaggerate, I think we're all rightly upset but you look like you're just after a scapegoat. No scapegoats in this game, they were all pretty awful (Parker was the best of a bad bunch and I KNOW I'm going to get some abuse for saying this).

Parker looked like our most potent attacking thread and that's saying something for it being him. Was the same against Boro actually. Nowt wrong with his goal either.

All Roeder has to do: "Emre, dont take any set pieces. I want you on the edge of the box looking to shoot at anything that drops out."

But he cant even do that. Everyone knows Emre's corners suck 9 times out of 10, although Milner can be just as poor at times. I simply dont understand why Nobby doesnt take corners.

I ain't looking for a scape goat, the whole team bar Parker were bollocks.

However, I do know I wasn't the only one who thought "he's gonna fucking waste this" when he stepped up to take the free kick and corner.

Yeah Parker's goal should've stood, grrrrrrr......

As for Emre, he was very attack minded when he came on and did well apart from set pieces......

I also love how Roeder put Zoggy on in the 86th minute, you know, just to make the best use of him >:(

The free kick should have been floated to the back door, he was never going to score from there.  Our last chance he fucking floats one, perfect for the keeper to come and collect, we need it whipped damn it.

Cant blame Roeder for not starting Emre, doesnt look match fit - well, nowhere near as fast/sharp compared to when he was playing regularly a while ago.

But why start Sibierski ahead of Milner? Milner on the right, Dyer behind Martins, Zog on the left, counter attacking football on the ground, and we're sorted.

But why start Sibierski ahead of Milner? Milner on the right, Dyer behind Martins, Zog on the left, counter attacking football on the ground, and we're sorted.

I agree. We weren't set up for counter-attacking football at all.

I'd have kept Duff on. The reason he was quiet in the second half was we weren't giving him the ball. I'd have put on Emre and Milner for Sibierski and Parker.

I don't think Parker played that well at all. It was the usual story. Good at closing down the opposition, poor in possession. Once we went 2-0 down that wasn't what we needed.

The really big failure was not scoring. I don't think their defence was up to much, but we didn't get to them until the last few minutes.

I agree. We weren't set up for counter-attacking football at all.

I'd have kept Duff on. The reason he was quiet in the second half was we weren't giving him the ball. I'd have put on Emre and Milner for Sibierski and Parker.

I don't think Parker played that well at all. It was the usual story. Good at closing down the opposition, poor in possession. Once we went 2-0 down that wasn't what we needed.

This. Exactly fucking this.

WHEN are people going to wake up and realise that Parker is not the fucking answer? Emre offered us sooo much more tonight. Aye his set pieces were gash, but at least he offered a threat going forward.

Cant blame Roeder for not starting Emre, doesnt look match fit - well, nowhere near as fast/sharp compared to when he was playing regularly a while ago.

He scored a good goal away at some Belgian part timers in the last round, so he was CLEARLY going to turn it on against AZ Alkmaar and bang a few in.